PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY KHUTBAH @ YORK U 1:30pm

yasser_z
11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
you read it right.... the Shaykh will be at:
Scott Religious Center 1:30pm
be there!

ps. The Abu Muslimah youth program at Al-Falah is starting at 10pm, we're all going to check it out after bowling.... this is one ya umal jumu'ah you surely do not want to miss!

heavens_scent
11-17-2005, 07:34 PM
you read it right.... the Shaykh will be at:
Scott Religious Center 1:30pm
be there!

ps. The Abu Muslimah youth program at Al-Falah is starting at 10pm, we're all going to check it out after bowling.... this is one yao-mal-jumuah you surely do not want to miss! yao ming, yaomal jumuah. lol
Salaams

just wanted a clarification

whats yao ming? (looks like a chinese saying)
yaomal jumuah?

or is it in arabic " Ya umal Jumu3a'a?" if it is what is it refering to?

wasalaam

yasser_z
11-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Salaams

just wanted a clearification

whats yao ming? (looks like a chinese saying)
yaomal jumuah?

or is it in arabic " Ya umal Jumu3a'a?" if it is what is it refering to?

wasalaam
yao ming is a basketball player
rhymes with ya umal jumua'a

but thank you for the arabic spelling clarification!

Sa'd Al-Kanadi
11-17-2005, 09:40 PM
i was told hes comming to mac tomorrow :(....

Namarig
11-17-2005, 10:27 PM
i'm confused

-ilmseeker-
11-17-2005, 10:35 PM
i'm confused
Don't be!

Its at York!

ImranQureshi
11-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Yao ming will be at york giving a friday khutbah in Chinese?

heavens_scent
11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
i dont think yao ming is gonna give a khutbah, i guess he was tryin to make Yao ming sound like ya umal jumu3a'a
" they sound alike" maybe..... thats wat i figured .....might be wrong

Hasnain Z
11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Yao ming will be at york giving a friday khutbah in Chinese?

LOL....

he reverted to islam??? and is now giving a sermon??? :) kidding.

How was the khutbah by the sheikh guys?

ws
hasnain :)

XLR8 my Eman
11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu

You guys are hilarious, the khutba was mashaAllah really good…..and no Yao Ming wasn’t their. The khutbah talked about how many people in a state of loftiness forget that they can easily lose the blessings Allah ta’ala has bestowed on them(example: pharaoh, aad, thamuud etc.). However, the one thing that I benefited the most from (and mashaAllah there was a lot to benefit from) was when the sheikh talked about actions and as Muslims we have to act upon what we believe in, so he gave a suggestion; he told us to take one thing from each Friday khutbah and implement it in our lives inshaAllah (for this particular khutabh it was to do dikr and istighfaar while walking through the long corridors within the school)…khair inshaAllah may you only benefit ameen...

Wassalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu

ImranQureshi
11-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Was sheikh Muhammad's khutbah in Chinese?

heavens_scent
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Was sheikh Muhammad's khutbah in Chinese?firstly does the shaykh know how to speak in chinese?

however i would luv to hear that! http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

whats up with associating this friday khutbah wit chinese though?

abudakku
11-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Salam
it was Hype having the Sheikh come to Uni...it was kinda like spending a day with the Sheikh at Uni...walking through the halls showing him our ghetto MSA office,the other offices and ofcourse POPEYES...The khutbah was awesome and I talked to the brothers around campus today and they said it was the best Khutbah this year so Inshallah Im ganna make them sign up for LOG muahahhahaha...Inshallah

fLoW
11-22-2005, 03:23 PM
The khutbah talked about how many people in a state of loftiness forget that they can easily lose the blessings Allah ta’ala has bestowed on them(example: pharaoh, aad, thamuud etc.). However, the one thing that I benefited the most from (and mashaAllah there was a lot to benefit from) was when the sheikh talked about actions and as Muslims we have to act upon what we believe in, so he gave a suggestion; he told us to take one thing from each Friday khutbah and implement it in our lives inshaAllah (for this particular khutabh it was to do dikr and istighfaar while walking through the long corridors within the school)…
jazakillah xlr8! tell us more. a lot of us werent able to attend it so plz share.