PDA

View Full Version : Hadith about Jesus(pbuh)?

SMAkber
02-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Asalamolakium Wr Wb,

I once heard that there is a hadith about Jesus(pbuh) , where he went to his disciples and asked them who would take his place his on the cross. And a youngster among them kept on raising his hand. So Allah(SWT) transformed him to look like Jesus and he died on the cross. Anyways, I was wondering If someone knows where I can find this hadith, I would appreciaite it a lot.

ibs81
02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
From Tafsir ibn Kathir Stories of the Prophets

Ibn Abu Hatim has narrated from ibn ‘Abbas saying: "When Allah wanted to lift him up to heaven, Jesus came to his companions in the house. There were twelve people, with some from among his disciples. He had just taken a bath, and his head was still dribbling water. He said to them: “There are those among you who will disbelieve in me twelve times after he had believed in me.” Then he said: “Who from among you will take my likeness and be killed in my place, so will reach my rank?” A youth came forward. But Jesus said, “Sit down.” Then he repeated the same question ,and the same youth stood up and came forward and said, “I.” Jesus said, “you are the one.” And the likeness of Jesus was put on him, and Jesus was lifted up to heaven from the window (in the roof) of the house.

Note: What book is its narration from it did not say.

SMAkber
02-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Jazaklkhair

SMAkber
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Can anybody authenticate this?