PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions About AlMaghrib

SisterBasmah
05-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Assalaamu'alaikum

I have a friend who wants to take some AlMaghrib classes for her first time insha'Allah, starting with the 'aqeedah 102 class in Houston this summer insha'Allah, and she had a few questions that I didn't know the answers to:

1. She will be doing Islamic Studies at UT insha'Allah and wants to know if these AlMaghrib classes will waive anything for her.

2. She was asking if you get any sort of credit from these classes. I know in the past we used to, but for clarification, we don't anymore right? So are we also not working towards a bachelors degree anymore?

JazakAllahkhair for your help in advance.

Assalaamu'alaikum

htmohamm
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Walaikum-assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,

AlMaghrib Institute offers a bachelor's degree in Islamic Studies. We are no longer affiliated with any other Islamic Institutes (before we received accredidation through Al-Azhar and American Open University) as our Instructors have come up with AlMaghrib Institue's curriculam to receive the bachelor's degree in Islamic Studies.

I do not believe credits from AlMaghrib Institute can be transferred to any other universities in the US but you might want to contact info@almaghrib.org to make sure.

Wassalamu-alaikum,
Haroon