PDA

View Full Version : Wasat Gems!

Siraaj
09-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Bismillaah, let's begin.

Woman is created from the rib of man, and the mufassireen have said this is so that she is sheltered or covered and close to the man's heart.

Siraaj

Sirius1
09-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Love is neither disapproved by religion, nor prohibited by the Law...for every heart is in Allah's hand.

*Aasiyah*
09-16-2006, 12:49 AM
(InshaaAllah this is appropriate:), we learned that arabic words have a certain meaning because of the letters and its sound...for example the arabic letter sheen...say shhhhhhhh, sounds pervasive, like in the word shams=sun, where sun light pervades in the samawati wal ardh...So Hub=Love...made up of two letters: Haa and Baa. Where do those two letters come from)?

HUB-MUAH!

Umm-Layth
09-16-2006, 01:19 AM
That part really got my attention as well ^^

From my notes,

• حب – Ha comes from deep in the throat and it comes from inside to out.
• If someone is in love – it comes from inside to out.
• Letter Baa – comes from the lips
• Formation of Hubb – means it is a physical interpretation of love which leads to kissing – so it starts from inside and ends with a kiss

Nice, masha'Allaah

AbdelRahmanMurphy
09-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Yaser Birjas' fan club, woo!

badie
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Yasir Birjas #1 Fan Club. WOO HOO! Eat your heart out Murph!

Shaykh Yasir Birjas for Shaykh of the year!

UmmSakinah
09-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Yasir Birjas #1 Fan Club. WOO HOO! Eat your heart out Murph!

Shaykh Yasir Birjas for Shaykh of the year!I second that.

Kaltham
09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
I second that.
I THIRD that..!! AlMaghrib has got the best teacher for the best of topics...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Yaser Birjas
09-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Let's keep this thread for gems please.

mahin
09-17-2006, 12:11 AM
For a peaceful life, obtain the blessings of parents. For a miserable life, ignore the wishes of parents.

mahin
09-17-2006, 12:12 AM
This 'Fiqh of Love' stuff works great on moms too!

mahin
09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Analysis Paralysis is a major unnecessary factor in marriage delay.

mahin
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
In regards to the above post...to clarify..I was telling the bros. in our group that maybe I should wait after Ramadhaan to get started...b/c for some reason ppl wouldn't be in the right mindset for marriage during Ramadhaan. So the only married bro in my group said I was just making up excuses to put things off.

mahin
09-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Cultural Brainwashing is another factor in delay....sometimes we start putting too much pressure on ourselves, and begin imagining things that don't really exist..and as a result don't take action.

Saqib Shafi
09-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Men are emotionally constipated. [price_wrong.mp3]

AbdelRahmanMurphy
09-17-2006, 12:15 PM
The Mexican-vention next door. *Clap Clap Clap* "Ole, Ole, Ole....WOOOOO!!!!!"

Amira Murphy
09-17-2006, 10:13 PM
The stuff that makes wives happy works for sisters and moms too.

So AbdelRahman and Sharif, when are you going to buy me chocolate?

Sister_Ayesha
09-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Salam
Women- Love him little and understand him more
Men- Love her lots and don't try to understand her

I loved that, I keep thinking about it and I telling everyone I talk to about the class :)

Yaser Birjas
09-18-2006, 07:16 PM
So...where are the gems of Wasat?
are you running out of love? :)

PKPowerhouse
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Marriage: Where the man loses his bachelor's degree and the woman gains her Master's degree.

womp womp.

AbdelRahmanMurphy
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
The man's temper is like a rubber band, ladies. Give him the space to snap back, and it'll all be back to good in no time, insha Allah. Keep chasing after him, and he won't come back well.

Sania
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Love comes with different languages; languages come with different dialects. http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

fevzy
09-18-2006, 10:24 PM
So...where are the gems of Wasat?
are you running out of love? :) I saw this gem from Love Notes about "keep your love tank full" .... I disagree. I am not going to stop every once in a while (e.g. call home every minute) to keep my love tank full. It's inefficient.

So, my gems ...
"keep your love tank in check"
"you'd better fill up at the next love station if the 'low gas' warning light is on"
"if you run out of love in your love tank, don't give up & abandon your car ... call for help"

... From Columbus with Love ...

Sirius1
09-18-2006, 11:08 PM
If you are serious about marriage, then show responsibility.

Sirius1
09-18-2006, 11:09 PM
The Prophet (sa) sympathized with the lovers.

Sirius1
09-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Statements of Aisha (ra):

"The Prophet (sa) died betweem my bosom and my chin."

"The last thing that entered his stomach was my saliva."

Sirius1
09-18-2006, 11:18 PM
The Messenger of Allah speaking about his wife Khadeejah, said: "Verily, I was filled with love for her."

Love your wife!!!

Sirius1
09-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Love starts with jesting about love and ends as a complete earnest matter.

Gem: Love for the sake of flirting* (w/ opp. gender) is not love.

*Occupation of some of the time wasters.*

Kaltham
09-19-2006, 01:59 AM
The Messenger of Allah speaking about his wife Khadeejah, said: "Verily, I was filled with love for her."

Love your wife!!!
This absolutely a beautiful gem.... We should thank Allah when we fall in love because it's a gift He has bestowed upon us....

I feel that the English translation for the hadeeth is kinda weird.... the Arabic hadeeth says اني رزقت حبها

Ruziqtu means I was provided with, it was bestowed upon me, i was blessed with....Am i right?

Fii Amaani'Laah

UmmSakinah
09-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Salam

I loved that, I keep thinking about it and I telling everyone I talk to about the class :)Oh masyaallah! this is truly a gem. I never derived that from Fiqh of Love. Jazakillah khair for sharing.

UmmSakinah
09-19-2006, 09:35 AM
I saw this gem from Love Notes about "keep your love tank full" .... I disagree. I am not going to stop every once in a while (e.g. call home every minute) to keep my love tank full. It's inefficient.

So, my gems ...
"keep your love tank in check"
"you'd better fill up at the next love station if the 'low gas' warning light is on"
"if you run out of love in your love tank, don't give up & abandon your car ... call for help"

... From Columbus with Love ...My gems:

Love is not about efficiency, it's all about abandonment of mathematical approaches.

In fact, efficiency and mathematical approaches to it will bring about
its death.

Olivia
09-19-2006, 11:35 AM
1. If marriage is the dove, you need love (waves arm) and mercy (waves other arm) to fly high. If you have just one wing you won't fly so high.

2. The Qur'an is the only book that says, "Then marry only one." :D

3. Men don't care about feelings, they care about food, intimacy, and a good-looking wife, which brings me to my next gem...

4. "What's cookin', good lookin?" :D

5. Women love acts of service and small suprises that show you're thinking about them.

6. Your obligation is someone else's right, and your right is someone else's obligation.

7. Sometimes husbands can be the biggest kids of all :)

Olivia
09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Men need to feel needed, especially in the financial sense.

The marriage of the Prophet, salallahu alaihi was sallam, was more transitional than traditional.

Sirius1
09-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Ruziqtu means I was provided with, it was bestowed upon me, i was blessed with....Am i right?

Fii Amaani'Laah
Perhaps. I don't speak Arabic :D.

If it means that...it would sound even sweeter. Among other things, it shows how happy he (sa) was about loving his wife, Khadijah (ra). Sweet.

Siraaj
09-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Women are not meant to be understood (by men), men are meant to be understood (by women)

Siraaj

fevzy
09-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Love is not about efficiency, it's all about abandonment of mathematical approaches. In fact, efficiency and mathematical approaches to it will bring about its death. Yaa UmmSakinah ... may Allah grant you a spouse that showers you with love and mercy all the time.

Hala
09-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Yaa UmmSakinah ... may Allah grant you a spouse that showers you with love and mercy all the time.
Ameen! ;)

Yaser Birjas
09-19-2006, 09:01 PM
This absolutely a beautiful gem.... We should thank Allah when we fall in love because it's a gift He has bestowed upon us....

I feel that the English translation for the hadeeth is kinda weird.... the Arabic hadeeth says اني رزقت حبها

Fii Amaani'Laah

You are right there is another literal translation to the hadith that says: "I was blessed with her love" or "I was blessed with love for her". Both may not give the intended meaning of the Arabic text.

And Allah knows best.

Amira Murphy
09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Prophet Muhammad and Aishah watching the Abyssinian sword dance, cheek to cheek.

"Are you done, ya Aishah?"
"Not yet."

*sigh*

Siraaj
09-19-2006, 11:27 PM
The Prophet (SAW) would send gifts to the friends of his first wife, Khadijah (ra), long after she had passed away.

Siraaj

Gous Mohammed
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
The first love story ever known in the history of Islam was the love of Rasoolullah (saw) for Aisha.

Ya Ahlul Wasat show some love keep posting the gems.

purity110
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
~She(Hawa) was made from the rib of Adam. She was not created from his head to overrule him. Nor from his feet to be stepped upon. She was made from his side to be close to him. From beneath his arm to be protected by him. And near his heart to be loved.~

AbdelRahmanMurphy
09-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Ibn Hazm wrote 400 volumes of books containing precious 'ilm.

HANDwrote, that is. Masha Allah.

purity110
09-20-2006, 01:55 PM
TRUE Love comes after the "IN-love" syndrome.

purity110
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
How full is your Love Tank???

purity110
09-20-2006, 03:06 PM
The things we learned in this class can be beneficial in every relationship. There was a lot of physicology put into this class which helped bring about a better sense of understanding. The 5 most loving things between the guys and the girls were such opposites, but seem to compliment each other in a way. The girls were on the far extreme of emotions and the guys were on the far extreme of the physical touch. Things the girls thought were most loving were #1. Caring for the kids, taking a part in raising them. helping around the house, playful/sweettalk/compliments, GOOD LISTENER...gifts, patient, spending time together. The guys on the other hand wanted #1 unexpected intimacy, their wife to maintain herself/look good, good cook, a good massager, a wife to uphold his honor/dignity/piety/modesty/forgiving/sacrificing/obedient...etc... SubhanAllah how different Allah has made us yet how complimentary and in need we are to each other!

farheen_ali
09-20-2006, 10:05 PM
ok I liked the part when yasir birjas said that hawwa was created from the rib of Adam because men are supposed to protect women i thought that was so sweet mashallah

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 06:54 AM
THE CORRUPT IS FOR THE CORRUPT, AND THE PIOUS IS FOR THE PIOUS.

“Let no man guilty of fornication or adultery marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.” [al-Noor 24:3]

(I noticed in the class activity that people had high expectations for their 'spouse to be'...one should understand that if you want good, BE good:)

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 07:06 AM
SubhanaALLAH, ALLAH swt says...

“… Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable; they should be chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:25]

(I think women should know this...when women are getting involved in finding a suitor, some feel that they should get to know them by haram means...ie: talking/meeting in public/private with prospective guy without a wali).

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 07:10 AM
???WHAT IF ROMEO AND JULIET DID GET MARRIED???

...THEY WOULD HAVE ENDED UP KILLING EACHOTHER INSTEAD!!!

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 07:22 AM
mh hm...BELIEVE IT...

LOVE COMES AFTER MARRIAGE, NOT BEFORE!

(Love and Mercy)

So don't believe him/her when she says she loves you...it's not real. The attraction is real, we were created to be inclined towards the opposite gender...so until your nikah has been lawfully sealed...that's when she/he truly loves you. (beware the 'prohibited' relationship).

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Salam

I loved that, I keep thinking about it and I telling everyone I talk to about the class :)
About women-if you dooooooo try to understand her...the women is like a wave...and...a potential tsunami:D...when her wave goes up and down, don't try too hard to pick her up...let her hit rock bottom so that she may bounce all the way back up. I myself will never understand women, and I am one.

If you try to straighten a curved rib, you'll snap it broken...do you get what I mean???
(read the hadith on it).

For you brothers who inshaAllah become doctors...don't slip your wife zoloft pill! No seratonin, prozac, or whatever! Just support her emotionally!

Rabiya
09-25-2006, 07:41 AM
mashaAllah interesting gems.

I miss chicago :(

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
* Can you believe it??? Imagine, you already met your /wife/husband before you were born! SO STOP STRESSIN! *
(I'd like to expound on this topic from class.)

Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) reported in his Saheeh that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying: ‘Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with.’” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the hadeeth: “Concerning the phrase ‘Souls are like conscripted soldiers…’ al-Khattaabi said: ‘This may refer to their similarity as regards good or evil, righteousness or corruption. Good people are inclined towards other good people, and evil people are similarly inclined towards other evil people. Souls feel affinity with others according to the nature in which they were created, good or evil. If souls’ natures are similar, they will get along, otherwise they will not be on good terms with one another. It could be that what is being referred to is the beginning of creation in the realm of the unseen when, it is reported, souls were created before bodies, and used to meet one another and express their pessimism about the future. When souls have entered bodies (come to the physical realm) they may recognize one another from the past, and may be on friendly terms or otherwise based on that past experience.”
Someone else said: “What it means is that when souls are created, they are made in two parts, and when the bodies in which the souls reside meet in this world, they either get along together or do not, based on the way in which these souls are created in this world.”

I say that this is not contradicted by the fact that some people who do not like one another at first may get along well later on, because the hadeeth is probably speaking about the moment of first meeting, which has to do with the original creation and nothing else. If they dislike one another at first but later come to like one another, it is because of something new, a new quality that makes them love one another after the initial dislike, such as a kaafir becoming a Muslim or a sinner being reformed.

The phrase “conscripted soldiers” refers to different types or classifications, or groups brought together. Ibn al-Jawzi said: “What we learn from this hadeeth is that when a person finds that he feels dislike towards someone who is known to be virtuous or righteous, he should try to find out the reason for that so that he can make the effort to rid himself of something undesirable. The opposite (if a person finds himself liking someone who is known to be evil) also applies.” Al-Qurtubi said: “Although they are all souls, they differ in different ways, so a person will feel an affinity with souls of one kind, and will get along with them because of the special quality that they have in common. So we notice that people of all types will get along with those with whom they share an affinity, and will keep away from those who are of other types. [“Birds of a feather flock together” – Translator]. We may also note that within any given group or type, people may get along with some and dislike others, and this is in accordance with issues or qualities that form the basis of love or hate.”

We have narrated a mawsool report in Sunan Abi Ya’laa, at the beginning of which is the story narrated from ‘Amrah bint ‘Abd al-Rahmaan, who said: “There was a woman in Makkah who liked to joke, and she came and stayed with a woman in Madeenah who was like her. When ‘Aa’ishah heard about this, she said, ‘My beloved spoke the truth. I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying…’ and mentioned a similar hadeeth.”

The hadeeth was also narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh, 4773. Al-Nawawi said: “With regard to the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with’, the scholars said that the meaning is groups gathered together, or different types. As for them getting along, this happens because of something in common between them that Allaah has created. It was said that they are similar attributes that Allaah has created in them, or that they were created in a group and then dispersed in their bodies, so people who have similar characteristics will like one another, and those who do not have similar characteristics will not like one another. Al-Khattaabi and others said: this getting along with one another has to do with what Allaah decreed from the outset about the ultimate destiny of souls, whether they will be among the blessed [in Paradise] or the doomed [in Hell]. Souls are of two opposing kinds, and when they meet in this physical world, they will either love or hate one another depending on the way they were created. Good souls will be inclined towards other good souls, and evil souls will be inclined towards other evil souls. And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

*Aasiyah*
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
The man's temper is like a rubber band, ladies. Give him the space to snap back, and it'll all be back to good in no time, insha Allah. Keep chasing after him, and he won't come back well.
Keep chasing after him...the rubberband might snap and HE WON'T COME BACK! He might end up chasing after another one, Allah forbid!

Heh heh, what these brothers don't understand IS...they're so excited to have 2nd and 4th wives...when all in all, we women are basically the CROOKED RIB, some nicer than others, different looks is probably their best benefit. :D A guy would run from nutcase to the next. 4x if HE is truly the real nutcase himself, that is.
(Don't worry sisters, no offense, just defense, yeh chalaq hai. samaj)?

BROTHERS: AND NO MORE JOKES TO THE WIFE ABOUT A SECOND WIFE! iNSECURITY FROM THE WIFE LEADS TO MARITAL DISCORD...DO YOU WONDER WHY DINNER DIDN'T TASTE RIGHT THAT ONE NIGHT???

O'canon
11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
When your wife suggests something, don't try to get something rational out of it. They give advice on instinct not rationalism.

So if you drive somewhere, and she tells you that one way is better than the next, don't ask why and point out that your way is more efficent...just do it...

Sirius1
02-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Do not fear for what is to come and you will fall upon the one! :D ... stole it off of Tayabah's gem board pic.