PDA

View Full Version : Love Notes at MCA, Santa Clara begins

firasath
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Assalam-oalikum,

The much awaited class of Shayk Yaser Birjas on Love Notes Marriage and Family Life began, Alhumdulillah at MCA, Santa Clara, CA on Friday, November 03, 2006. This happens to be my first Al Maghrib Class, Alhumdulillah i was very impressed with the way Shayk started the program. I really liked the part where he layed down the background and purpose of the class, To bridge the generation gap between the Muslim Americans born and brought up here and their parents who generally came from oversees with different cultural back grounds.

My take away points from the first day's session are.

A succssful Marriage is balanced on two pillars namely Love and Mercy.
The main nature of Love is resemblance and similarities in qualities and characteristics between people involved.

I was amazed at the beauty of Arabic Alphabets which Shayk explained, that even the pronunciation of arabic alphabet also has special meaning.

Sheen : Intishar, characteristics of spreading thats why generally the words starting with Sheen like Shams etc carry the characteristics of spreading in this case, spreading of light. etc.

I hope this weekend for me is going to be one of the best weekends i have spent.

Jazak Allah Shayk
Masalama
Firasath

ikhlaas
11-04-2006, 12:25 PM
walaykum assalam Firasath,

jazak Allah Khair!

please post this GEM and other amazing GEMS from the class on this thread:

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=18171 (click on this)

wassalam

Qismat
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
In regards to marrying with more then one wife. It was mentioned that Allah(swt) said in the quran to marry one women if you fear injustice to your wives.

You also mentioned earlier in the class that the prophet made a dua for allah(swt) not to judge between him and his wives internally, as his love did vary.......is justice only in external things then?

Qismat
11-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Assalamu'alaikum,

May Allah(swt) increase you in all ways for this beautiful class.

I actually had two questions for you:

1) I've seen couples that have 2 or more children, and respectively have very little one-on-one time to spend with one another. The mother spends the day in the way of the children, and the father works respectively, resulting in the couple being exhausted physically and mentally. It becomes increasing difficult when there is no family living close by.....any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated..

2) I know of couples that are very committed to protecting and enhancing there relationships, but they simply don't know where to begin. Looking forward to you addressing this in your class.

Shukran a thousand times over.

Assalamu'alaikum

Your Brother

C2MC
11-04-2006, 08:48 PM
What was discussed ;), was that the Prophet (S) distributed to the best of his ability. Love cannot be distributed evenly. However, other sources like money can be.

Qismat
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Since the Dowry is for the well-being of the women, is there a formula to calculate what that value should be?

Qismat
11-05-2006, 02:02 PM
In answering the question about gazing you mentioned the below situation in regards to a women asking a question to Bilal (ra)

...a women went to Bilal and asked a zakat question to be relayed to the prophet without saying who she is. So Bilal went to the prophet and relayed the question, the prophet asked who is asking? He replied Zainab. The prophet went further to ask which Zainab? Bilal replied it Zainab the wife of Abdullah Ibn Masoud. The prophet then relayed the answer…. NOTE: for the prophet to ask which Zainab, shows that he knew the members of the community including the sisters.

Question: The women requested NOT to be identified....so why did Bilal reveal her name?

O'canon
11-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Since the Dowry is for the well-being of the women, is there a formula to calculate what that value should be?How do you mean 'well-being'? The dowry can even be to teach you're spouse the qur'an from what you know.

The Dowry can be anything (Halal) as long as both the husband and wife agree to it.

praisebe2allah
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Question: The women requested NOT to be identified....so why did Bilal reveal her name?
I am assuming you are looking for an answer so:

(the shaykh answered this question during the q&a)

he said Bilal revealed her name because it was THE prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam who asked

praisebe2allah
11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
i forgot we should start another thread for questions and answers so that the shaykh and those who took the class can answer inshallah

C2MC
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatallah,

How can I ask brother Yassir a question that I didn't want to ask in front of the class?

O'canon
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatallah,

How can I ask brother Yassir a question that I didn't want to ask in front of the class?Send him a private message on this forums...

C2MC
11-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I think that feature is disabled. Aside from that, does any sister know Tasneem? I couldn't stay on Sunday and had to leave her gift on the door of the banquet hall. Does anyone know if she received it? Jazakallahu khairan.

O'canon
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that feature is disabled. Then check with an Admin I guess.

Asif Alam
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I think that feature is disabled. Aside from that, does any sister know Tasneem? I couldn't stay on Sunday and had to leave her gift on the door of the banquet hall. Does anyone know if she received it? Jazakallahu khairan.
Salaam:

Sister Mulki, the Ameerah of Haadi has the gift. You can contact her at Ameerah.haadi@almaghrib.org to get an update.

Jazakum Allah Khairan.

Ma'Assalaama