View Full Version : favorite moments:

praisebe2allah
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Aslamau alaykum wa rahamatulahi wa barakatu,

I find myself contiually saying that this class was mashallah so so benficial,
i loved it Alhamdulilah!

it went by so fast, there were a lot memorable moments/stories though:

my all time favoriote;

when the shaykh was reading the list of the 5 most loved and he suggested that the brothers call their wives to just say "i love you" and everyone broke out in "awww!" it was like it pre- rehersed

C2MC
11-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatallah,

I think my favorite moment from the brief period I was there was when he described his reaction to finding the book called The Ring of the Dove in the university's library. He is so right about elders trying to hide the details of marriage from youth.

O'canon
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
The funniest moment was when we were given an example of how the Husband should say 'I love you' before leaving the house. All the sisters went 'Awwwww' and the someone said, 'see what I mean?', and then all the brothers burst out laughing.

praisebe2allah
11-06-2006, 04:30 PM
there where so many priceless moments in the class that it is so hard to actually put in words...

my ABSOUTE FAVORITE STORY;

when the shaykh was talking about the BELOVED rasul of Allah sallahu alayhi wa salam and his wives. subahanallah the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam was so merciful!

i especially loved the part when the prophet was helping his wife on the camel and kneeled down so she could use his knee as a step and then as she steped on his knee he brought his arm around becasue he did not want her leg to be exposed!

the shaykh "acted" it out only making it that much more powerful

Dua'a
11-07-2006, 02:27 AM
assalamu alaikum...

i have to say the entire seminar was full of gems...everything mentioned was something we can either relate to, expect, or just reflect on!

i think one of my favourite stories was that of rasululallah and sayida aisha (raa) when she wanted to play a "trick" on him and switched places with, i beleive it was, hafsa when they were on a journey. as the rasool went back towards aisha's camel (thinking she is on it) and talking to her (not realizing the voice difference!) then when he, 3alyahe assalam, decided to camp in the location telling the sahaba to place aisha's camel and things next to his. aisha realized she wasn't gonna be the one beside the rasool and hafsa would be instead (too late:( ), out of being upset and not knowing what to do she stuck her foot in a small bush and asked for something to bite her (ie.snake etc)!!!

lool....i can just picture it!!! hehe...she's one amazing ummul almu2mineen =D

HaadiMuslim
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Here is the hadith form Bukhari:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 138:

Narrated al-Qasim: Aisha said that whenever the Prophet intended to go on a journey, he drew lots among his wives (so as to take one of them along with him). During one of his journeys the lot fell on 'Aisha and Hafsa. When night fell the Prophet would ride beside 'Aisha and talk with her. One night Hafsa said to 'Aisha, "Won't you ride my camel tonight and I ride yours, so that you may see (me) and I see (you) (in new situation)?" 'Aisha said, "Yes, (I agree.)" So 'Aisha rode, and then the Prophet came towards 'Aisha's camel on which Hafsa was riding. He greeted Hafsa and then proceeded (beside her) till they dismounted (on the way). 'Aisha missed him, and so, when they dismounted, she put her legs in the Idhkhir and said, "O Lord (Allah)! Send a scorpion or a snake to bite me for I am not to blame him (the Prophet ).

It's indeed an amazing story!

Abu3ubaydah
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Subhan Allah the whole class was amazing.

Omar Mumtaz
11-08-2006, 01:55 AM
"Whats cooking, good looking!" http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Saba Hashmat
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Marriage comes with three rings...engagement ring, wedding ring and SUFFERING......lol...:)

Mehreen Khan
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I remember being kind of sleepy after lunch and then all of a sudden hearing the Shaykh burst out with his famous "Whats cookin, good lookin?" line :)

AllegraLeigh
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
The entire class was wonderful, but I'd have to say my favorite moments were when he was describing the Prophet (SAW) and how he treated his wives. Everything he said got an "awwwwwww..." from the women in the seminar. Especially when the Shaykh was telling the men the things they should do for their wives and the stories he relayed from his personal experience.

shaz_mc_raz
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
its so hard to pick just one moment tht was my favorite, but if i had to it would be when Shaykh Yasir told the story abt the guy tht misse dhis wife and kids, than bought them chocolate and flowers.. it was just too funny, and even better, it was an personal account for the Shaykh...
oo and when he spoke abt the shoes:
wife: I got new shoes, do u like them?"
husband: Yea, how much did they cost?.. dont u have enough?"

banafsaji
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
i don't have any really really favorite moments. i loved evey moment of the class. oh maybe one. "he grabs her hand and looks into her eyes, 'Honey, im gonna miss you!'

and i loved all of his stories from the life of Rasulullah (S). I never realized the relationship between the Prophet and his wives was so human. SubhanAllah. the best human being to ever walk this earth indeed.

ibnabeeomar
11-15-2006, 07:12 AM
the halal foodfighting story was funny. but the best moment was the story about abdurrazzaq as-san'anee and his halaqa (if you missed it.. well, all i can say is im not resposting it, and you better make sure you dont miss the next class!)

dhulfiqhar
11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
the halal foodfighting story was funny. but the best moment was the story about abdurrazzaq as-san'anee and his halaqa (if you missed it.. well, all i can say is im not resposting it, and you better make sure you dont miss the next class!)
It must have been one great story. 2 people have mentioned it on the forums and a handful asked me after class. Too bad I stepped out of class at that moment.

Basem Talha
12-09-2006, 05:28 PM
salam alikom everyone

alhamdulilah i agree that the entire class was well put together and very informative and the shaikh did a great job of "acting" out his stories. We hope he will come back to teach us another class inshallah. jk allah khair.
salam,
Basem