PDA

View Full Version : Jazakallahu Khair Shaykh Yasir!

banafsaji
11-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Shaykh Yasir, for honoring us with his presence this historical first weekend of Al Maghrib in Atlanta. Banu Salaam's organizing did a wonderful job, but I don't believe that this launch of Al Maghrib woulda been as successful as it was without a truly excellent teacher, who gives as much attention to the sisters' questions as he did to the brothers'. Jazakullahu khair again for coming, and we hope you'll bless us with your presence again soon inshaAllah!

Post up your thank you's here Banu Salaam!

dhulfiqhar
11-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Masha'Allah Shaykh Birjas did an incredible job representing AlMaghrib and the position of 'Shaykh'.

He broke all the stereotypes people had of Shayukh: boring, can't smile, strict, won't talk about real issues.

Masha'Allah he was able to talk at everyones level the young, the old, sisters, brothers. No one felt left out.

The Atlanta community leaders and Imams were amazed at the concept of weekend seminars and the quality of instructors, i.e. Shaykh Birjas.

May Allah accept the duas of all those making duas for AlMaghirb in Atlanta and Shaykh Birjas.

ibn abu omer
11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
jazzakallahu khair Shaykh Yasir!! I think you really gave ATL alot of happiness by sharing your knowledge!! My family members who came were impressed. I think alot of my friends learned that you can follow the deen correctly and practically. I look forward to to learning from you again in the future and drinking a mango lassi with you inshallah! :)

dhulfiqhar
11-14-2006, 01:43 PM
jazzakallahu khair Shaykh Yasir!! I think you really gave ATL alot of happiness by sharing your knowledge!! My family members who came were impressed. I think alot of my friends learned that you can follow the deen correctly and practically. I look forward to to learning from you again in the future and drinking a mango lassi with you inshallah! :)FYI, Ibn abu Omer, you actually drank the Shaykh's Mango Lassi refill. Masha'Allah he is so humble, he didn't say anything. The waitress brought two mango lassi's and forgot the third. Good way to show the shaykh 'southern hospitality'. We only found out when we were paying for everything, and realized he never got his.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

For more info about the mango lassi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassi

ibn abu omer
11-14-2006, 02:49 PM
it is as much my fault as yours hahaha

Shaikh Yaser, if you come back into town, the next mango lassi is on me to make up for this :)

ibnabeeomar
11-14-2006, 02:55 PM
FYI, Ibn abu Omer, you actually drank the Shaykh's Mango Lassi refill. Masha'Allah he is so humble, he didn't say anything. The waitress brought two mango lassi's and forgot the third. Good way to show the shaykh 'southern hospitality'. We only found out when we were paying for everything, and realized he never got his.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

For more info about the mango lassi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassijust so long as im not implicated in this mess. ibn abu omer needs to change his screen name (besides, mine is the grammatically correct version anyway, not to mention i registered first). we already work together, i dont want to get mixed up in ppl thinking i take ppl's lassi away

ibn abu omer
11-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I was in ATL first heheh :)

bakher
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
JazaKhaAllah Khair, Knowledge we got in 2 days was amazing. May Allah(swt) make easier for us to practice (what we learned)

InshaAllah it would be great if we have classes like The Light of Guidance: Fundamentals of Faith 101

Wasalaam

Nazish Mithaiwala
11-25-2006, 05:38 PM
JazakAllahu Khair Sheikh Yaser for sharing your knowledge on love, marriage, and family life with us in Atlanta. I hope that everyone benefits from this seminar, I certainly did. And we pray that Allah (SWT) blesses you with increased iman. Ameen.