PDA

View Full Version : People have different ways...

Sirius1
11-14-2006, 08:55 PM
People discover Islam through a variety of ways...

What can be said about people who want to convert to Islam because it is their beloved's religion?

In the end the answer to this question should be ONLY ALLAH KNOWS...because HE is the one who will be accepting or rejecting our Iman on the Day of Judgement...so that frees us from the responsibility of passing judgements regarding others' Iman...

So to narrow down the purpose of this thread...Are there any historical instances of such cases? Is there any thing found in the religion that sheds some light on this topic?

Your participation will be appreciated.

Jazakallah Khairan

~Oum AbdurRahman~
11-16-2006, 01:07 PM
As-salaamoualaikoum wa rahmtAllah,

Well this is an important concern that you brought up sis, JezakAllah khair.

Yes it happens all the time. I've even seen it before my very eyes. I knew this one girl who was in love and she knew a muslim brother who happened to be masha'Allah religious. So he took her with him to break his fast with a group of friends that has like a fasting club. Anyways, this sister masha'allah started comming for our Iftars(at Maghrib Salat) and she sat with us, interacted with us sisters, and we broke bread together, and one of my dear friends who's awesome at making people understand Islam, she happened to talk to her.

Anyways in the end, this sister decided to accept Islam. It was a beautiful miracle to witness--how Allah chose her out of billions to become Muslim, subhanallah.

I know a handful of sisters that did the same.
Safiyya radiAllahu 3anha, was a Jewish women, and she was married to the Prophet 3alehyi salam. And she became Muslim on her own subhanAllah. IT happens all time in our religion. And it's through that way, that Allah guides them, subhanallah.

I even know one Spanish Christian sister who did the same, she was non muslim and she was married to a muslim brother, and she ended up accepting Islam by the Mercy of Allah. I saw her take the shahaadah, subhanAllah.

I forgot to mention my best friend, she's from Holland and she married her husband, and later she accpted Islam...bi fadlillah 3azza wa Jal.
It's nothing unusual, and it's very common alhamdulilah. May Allah guide us ya Rabb, Ameen.

Sirius1
11-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Jazakallah for your stories...

Did the Prophet (sa) marry Safiyyah (ra) before she converted or after?

~Oum AbdurRahman~
11-19-2006, 09:45 AM
I want to say before...BUT::::don't quote me on it, let me look it up first in the Seerah insha'Allah and I'll get back to you.