PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU taken Love Notes?

Hala
02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Assalama 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullah,

If I'm not mistaken, 5 Qaba'il have already had Love Notes come to their city. (Tayybah, Salaam, Haadi, Wasat, and Mubeen)

I have 3 questions for those students who have taken this seminar. The answers you give will help us and any future cities to have this seminar get the word out, keep the hype up, and convince any students who are iffy about attending.
So, in shaa Allah, I pray you are rewarded for taking 2 minutes out of your day to help us out.

If you could describe this seminar in one word, what would that word be?
Did you have any misconceptions about love in Islam that this seminar helped clear?
What would you say to the students who missed this seminar in your locale, and students who aren't planning on attending in the future?
JazakumAllah khayr, Wassalama 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullah

Rahma
02-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Bismallah,

Come on, this was posted today at noon.

Help a sistah out. You'll be helping Hayl market Love Notes In sha'Allah.

mytemuslim
02-22-2007, 11:37 PM
1.Amazing
2. This seminar explained why Muhammad(Peace be upon him) was the best husband with his wives and described how doing some little things would snatch us the reward of following the Sunnah.
3. People below the age of 17 attended this seminar because they understood that it will not be offered again for a long time in this locality and they wanted to benefit from the knowledge that was dispensed throughout the seminar. Its never too early but its always too late to start learning about your deen.

fawzias
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
1. Inspiring, Fun
2. I don't think I really had any significant misconceptions concerning love in Islam before the class, but I do think the class taught me a great deal on the intricacies of love and marriage in Islam that classes or lectures rarely teach you about. From those intricacies, what really stood out to me was the fact that Shaykh Yaser kept emphasizing the aspect of compromise over and over again. Compromise between husband and wife aren't done effortlessly, on the contrary it requires a lot of effort...but thats because marriage really is a struggle, a test. But if you realize that its worth it then inshAllah making the effort isn't all that difficult. Also, the stories...all the stories of the Prophet S with his wives are imbedded in my head, subhanAllah. It was amazing listening to his stories because they all showed the patience and gentleness he had with his wives...with ALL of them, subhanAllah. They were all inspiring stories.
3. The class was really informative in the sense that you realized that the way Islam presents love and marriage is really so more beautiful than what we've been catered to in the West. I think most people don't realize that the concept of love and marriage is most beautiful from the Islamic Perspective. The class really opens you up to that fact. To add, the class was so funnnn and Shaykh Yaser Birjas is probably amongst one of the coolest and funniest men everrrrr, mashAllah.

QueenGagger
02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
1. astounding, extraordinary,heart-stirring
2.I had no idea Prophet Muhammed (SAW) was such a romantic, and how he (SAW) treated his wives, sub7an Allah I've never felt so close to him (SAW) as a human being....also learned so much in terms of how a husband and wife are supposed to treat each other...
3.I am heart broken for my brothers and sisters who continue to hear about these opppurtunities and don't come and join us in these overwhelmingly beneficial venues for knowledge...these classes are not only vital to the understanding of our religion but they are some of the most geniunely enjoyable times of my life...what more can anyone ask for?

Aroob525
02-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Coming to Durbah anytime soon?

Hala
02-28-2007, 12:17 PM
JazakumAllah khayr to all of you who took a few minutes to answer the questions...
Anyone else?

spana3rabia
02-28-2007, 09:48 PM
for those who have taken love notes...POP QUIZ TIME! LOL, no just kidding, come back. I have a smallll question. JazzakAllahu kheiran to whoever can answer it bi idhnillah:

Who is Love Notes geared towards? People who already married and have families or singles who are near marriage?

or for both?

Nida A.
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
If you could describe this seminar in one word, what would that word be?
Did you have any misconceptions about love in Islam that this seminar helped clear?
What would you say to the students who missed this seminar in your locale, and students who aren't planning on attending in the future?
Walikum Asalaam
My two cents...
1) Enriching (I have to say, many of the things mentioned in the seminar I had read somewhere before, but its always better to hear these things. But there were even more things I wasn't aware of that this seminar made clear)
2) I know I am not the only one who was in awe at the normality and simplicity of the Prophet's (pbuh) married life. The stories of the Rasool and his wife are inspiring...
3) GO. This seminar is for everyone, love is universal, and it pertains to everyone's life. It was only a single weekend, but the knowledge you get from these seminars is timeless.

Hope that helped...