PDA

View Full Version : Love and Mercy--Question for Shaykh Yaser

Sirius1
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Salaam Alaykum,

I had a couple questions regarding this ayah:

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect. (30/21)

Q 1: Does '...among yourselves' mean the woman is created from the man she is married to? or Does it mean women are created from men in general.

Q 2: If Allah put love and mercy between a husband and a wife, why does spousal abuse and divorce exist? Since we know it does, does this mean that Allah put love and mercy only between some couples and not others?

Jazakallah Khair

julyprncssleo
03-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Ooh, I want to add a question please.

Q 3: So how does this relate to the women who don't get married in their lifetime, or those who "live together" with men & vice versa?

Sirius1
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Bump.

Sirius1
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Sister, how would this work exactly?
What I mean is...does a woman get married to the man whose rib she is made out of?

It doesn't really work according to my understanding...but I just wanted to make sure what I am thinking is right.

Abu Hurayrah
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Salaam Alaykum,Wa `alaykumussalaam

Q 2: If Allah put love and mercy between a husband and a wife, why does spousal abuse and divorce exist? Since we know it does, does this mean that Allah put love and mercy only between some couples and not others?

Jazakallah KhairWhen marriages aren't conducted according to the guidelines of Islam, they will easily fall apart. However, an easy way to answer this question is to look at the wording of the aayah - Allaah didn't say He placed Love & Mercy in every marriage. The wording isn't in an absolute sense, wallaahu a`lam. You have to make an assumption to come to the conclusion that it means all marriages by default.

Sirius1
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
The first part of the ayah doesn't say that Allah created every woman from a man...no absolute sense in that one either...

I don't speak arabic...so can't say much about the wording.

Sirius1
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Shaykh Yaser, could you please answer this question?