PDA

View Full Version : The Secrets to Qabeelah Majd Unveiled

Nadeem R
03-10-2007, 12:58 PM
...me and Imtiaz are on this, we're infilitrating the intelligence over here. They enscapsulated information into cells so it poses a challenge putting together the big picture. What I mean by that is there are individual people with set responsibilities who know nothing about what other people do, and I mean nothing, or at least so they claim....but we'll figure this out soon enough, bidhnillah.

Hala
03-10-2007, 04:52 PM
And...
I know that's not all...

Ammar AlShukry
03-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Keep up the good work Agent Imaanbillah.

Imtiaz
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Incognito...

masheikh
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Brothers! Awesome having you guys here!!!

UmA
03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
So what are our secrets?
Is it gender/class/age specific, personality driven or a group dynamic?
Are the cogs in the works visible or do our strengths lie in pre-planning?

Muhammad Alshareef
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
One thing I noticed in Majd is that EVERYONE talks about AlMaghrib to everyone.

Like, I mean I meet strangers from Toronto, and they have heard of AlMaghrib.

This is not the case in Ottawa, for example. People who know me very well (like in Ramadan or something) have no idea what AlMaghrib is. There's almost like this deadness to the social relationships that makes the news distribution of anything get stunted.

Ammar AlShukry
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Well whatever you guys did to Imtiaz and Imaanbillah, they don't pick up their phones anymore. :(

Too good for us??

Nadeem R
03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
#~THE SECRETS OUT: Part I~#

macro managing is the key here
the ameer has not made a single announcement today!

there are several brothers rocking the mic, pitching different activities

what activitiies, check dis:
Orphan Run

Can Food Drive

Meal for you - walk around giving homeless people on street food with sheet...brought to you by...

Bake Sale Competition, brothers and sisters

Skits during class

Powerpoint of budget and where money is spent

Water Coolers at the end of aisles

CD with personal message, and free lecture for everyone

Wristbands for entry, 1 band for each weekend (2 total)

Colored Ribbons symoblizng where student is from (local, national, international, first timer)

Fliers for other islamic activity in area (dawah projects, because they don't do one themself)

Registration form in class for next class, handed to everyone to do power of 10, now [we should schedule our next class now! to pitch it at code evolved]

personalized water bottles!!!!

...highly energized volunteers taking responsibility, Muhammad AlShareef said, when we do work, we should write contracts as it was the sunnah of the Prophet (sws)

brother_bruce
03-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Brothers Won The Bakesale!!!

.... lets kick this up a notch!!

Slaveofthe1
03-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Brothers Won The Bakesale!!!

.... lets kick this up a notch!!
Awwwww Yeaaaaaaaaaa!

Rabiah - la Voyageure ©
03-17-2007, 09:16 PM
The brother from NY has seem to touch the surface.
But... dig deeper :)

aarij
03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
All praises are due to Allah who has made Majd a place for learning in more ways than one!!

I cannot in any way speak for all of the Majdians and their awesome ways to spread knowledge, but what I can tell you (personally) is this: whenever in a discussion with friends about Islam you mention some piece of knowledge that you learned at an Al Maghrib seminar, let your friends know where you learned it! Tell them about AlMaghrib and the awesome shuyookh and the courses that you have taken. Word of mouth is an amazing way of advertising.

In our univ. (its around 1.5 hrs away from where Majd classes are held), there is a big buzz around AlMaghrib for precisely this reason...all the brothers and sisters who have attended AlMaghrib courses keep mentioning it from time to time.

Word of mouth is THE best advertisement...not only in terms of getting peopl to seminars, but also for ajar as well.

Umer Abdul-Jabbar
03-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Awwwww Yeaaaaaaaaaa!

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAA INDEED!! awesome job with the bake sale brothas!!

Umer Abdul-Jabbar
03-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Just thought i add some more things, my two brs from new york, we love you for the sake of Allah(swt), and whatever you need to make yours better, we are there to help inshaAllah :)

Nadeem R
03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
big up to QMajd, you guys rock, thanks for all the love and hospitality, May Allah reward you, and keep your classes fillled....with Barakah

brother_bruce
03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Ameen! And may He [swt] bring equal and greater amounts of barakah to Tayybah. See you all soon inshaAllah!

Slaveofthe1
03-18-2007, 10:22 PM
big up to QMajd, you guys rock, thanks for all the love and hospitality, May Allah reward you, and keep your classes fillled....with Barakah
Inshallah ta'ala the NY bros reached home safely..and we want you to know that we love you truly for the sake fo Allah swt..it was a pleasure having you bros in Toronto..and now inshallah ta'ala we're going to try our best to come into your neighbourhood

Umer Abdul-Jabbar
03-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Inshallah ta'ala the NY bros reached home safely..and we want you to know that we love you truly for the sake fo Allah swt..it was a pleasure having you bros in Toronto..and now inshallah ta'ala we're going to try our best to come into your neighbourhoodAlhumduilllah nice to hear you guys reached home safely.

Like yaseen said, bros we love you truly for the sake of Allah(swt), for the great character you guys showed, and inshaAllah i am going to do my best aswell to reach NY to catch a class there :)

Asslamo Alikum wr wb

ibn abu omer
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
mashallah those are some good practices

Imtiaz
03-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I have to say you guys were among the best with hospitality,...I almost shed a tear (once i was back in NY) ....;) ...

Imtiaz
03-29-2007, 08:01 AM
#~THE SECRETS OUT: Part II~#

- YOUTH....the main volunteers kicked assignments to younger students that are responsible, these kids make Majd proud, MashAllah.

- Passion... Not one brother that I met, that did not speak about the Deen of Allah with fierce passion, I was impressed...It lit a fire in my belly as well... May Allah ever increase your passions brothers and sister for this religion

- Curiosity.... Br. Farooq and Br. Mohammad, ALWAYS asked for feedback, how are we doing, what are we doing wrong, constructive criticism ?.... they were doing well, but still asked.. Alhamdulliah.

- Tasks,...going back to macro management....one brother said " I know my tasks they know theirs, I do what I am responsible for, and I trust my brother to finish the task he is dedicated to".....one task for one man.

... forgive me for my tardiness in this aspect, ...Imaanbillah...your rope.

Slaveofthe1
03-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Majd was proud to host you brothers from NY..it was a pleasure :)

inshallah ta'ala we can convene for a future class.

Imtiaz
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Dude, I totally did not know this -------->

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=19337

Riyadh
11-29-2008, 12:29 AM
It's time for Tayybah to reopen this CASE FILE

The Secrets to Qabeelah Majd

In this thread...

You will find the love, secrets, and competition
between Majd and Tayybah

Secret Agents

A Guest Appearance from Muhammad AlShareef

"Secrets Out" Part I & II

Brothers Win at A Bake Sale

Majd Ameerah encourages Tayybah

Majd Ameer caught twice saying "We love you (Tayybah)"

Mutual compliments and smiles

Time to turn up the pressure on Qabeelah Majd

How much of a lead from its competitors does Majd have in
the race for the LIWAA?

How close is Tayybah from Majd and from winning the LIWAA?

Nadeem R
11-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I love you Riyadh.... [for the sake of Allah]

Riyadh
11-29-2008, 09:45 AM
The brother from NY has seem to touch the surface.
But... dig deeper :)Majd Ameerah encouraging Tayybah with a smile.

Just thought i add some more things, my two brs from new york, we love you for the sake of Allah(swt), and whatever you need to make yours better, we are there to help inshaAllah :)Majd Ameer loves Tayybah and offers a helping hand with a smile http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif.

Alhumduilllah nice to hear you guys reached home safely. Like yaseen said, bros we love you truly for the sake of Allah(swt), for the great character you guys showed, and inshaAllah i am going to do my best aswell to reach NY to catch a class there :) Asslamo Alikum wr wbMajd Ameer reiterates his love for Tayybah, adds a compliment, and a commitment to visit Tayybah.

THE SECRET IS OUT...MAJD LOVES TAYYBAH.
THE SECRET IS OUT...TAYYBAH WANTS THE LIWAA.

Ammar AlShukry
11-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I think the only secret thats out right now is that our dear brother Riyadh is addicted to the forums.

Intervention needed.

**Breathe brother...hand me the keyboard...it's ok.....the mouse too..**

Riyadh
11-29-2008, 01:40 PM
**Breathe brother...hand me the keyboard...it's ok.....the mouse too..**
Okay http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif...that's our Ameer...You got to listen to the Ameer. Which reminds me of the story of the daughter who refused to dilute the milk when her mother told her to do so. The daughter responded to her mother saying: "The Amir-ul-Mu'mineen (Umar ibn AlKhataab) ordered people not to mix water with milk." The mother still insisted on her to do it and replied: "Umar does not see us now." Then the daughter replied: "Should we obey the Amir-ul-Mu'mineen in public and disobey him in secret?" (masha'Allah, that is GEM worthy)

I have not visited any thread and read any posts from our Ameer (and Ameerah) except that there was good that came out of it. Alhamdulillah!

So lesson learned...listen to those who have more knowledge than you; and help and assist those that call to good...and don't forget to breathe.http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

Riyadh
12-01-2008, 12:37 AM
posted 5-15-2008

Access Fees for the Internet: $7
Monthly Charges for Internet: $45
Keyboad/Monitor/Mouse/ CPU to Access the Internet: $800

Seeing Tayyabah being bashed by Bruce: Priceless
THIS IS OUR COMPETITION...

BRUCE is their "Official Qabeelah Inciter"

THEY ARE EXTREMELY ORGANIZED, HIGHLY-MOTIVATED, HIGHLY ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS, AND SMART!

IT'S TIME TO CHANNEL OUR EMOTIONS INTO POSITIVE ACTION...

I HAVE A FORUM STRATEGY...

To change our attitude towards them on the forums...To be extremely nice and friendly to Majd, shower them with compliments, to the point where they are like "what did you guys do with Tayybah?"...this will confuse them and throw them off guard, and then they will be like "Tayybah's no fun...they don't instigate anymore, they're all lovy-dubby now"; but little do they know meanwhile in the background Tayybah is Ascending with all sorts of projects and activities and numbers; and then that's when HQ would announce "Tayybah wins the LIWAA" bi'ithnillah; and that's when Majd's jaw will drop and Majd will be like "how did boring-old Tayybah" win it? <--Successful are those who believe and do righteous good deeds, so give glad tidings to them. So what would be the righteous good deeds in application to the forums? Would not a smile, a compliment, a good word to your competitive brothers and sisters from Majd be credited towards your good deeds?

Riyadh
12-01-2008, 12:45 AM
the 'not-so-secret' secrets continues...

You know in the battle of Uhud, it was being faught by men until the the sahaba fled. It was then that a woman like Nusaybah bint Ka'ab Alansariyyah took her sword and entered the fight protecting Rasul Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam.

My point is, if you were holding it down like you claim, sisters from your Qabilah wouldnt have jumped in hoping to save you guys from getting rocked.

Yes, that is what we call a Seerah burn!
seerah burn .. that was a good one I must admit. but the sisters in majd they come to defend even before the brothers flee because we got majd's backs.

and that's just how we roll.
Majd secret...strong sisterhood and brotherhood on the forums.

Riyadh
12-01-2008, 11:07 AM
In Regards to the LIWAA CUP...
i'd be careful now lol... the brs drank mango juice out of it... hmmm still want it ;)That's what Majd resorts to to keep the liwaa there?
HQ, take note.....
That's just all the more reason for us to get it. We'd show it the respect it deserves. (And we have plenty of disinfectants (and Febreze) on hand so no worries.):)
I like Mango Juice :). It's a huge shiny cup...its so tempting to drink something out of it...How about drinking ZamZam water out of it?

Nadeem R
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
..i think my jaw just dropped with these last few posts

Riyadh
12-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I just love the title of this thread...its catchy...it makes you just want to click on it and see what's in it.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Riyadh
12-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Yes...Tayybah is up by one on the TB Gem Count. Sweeet! That definitely deserves a smile.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Imtiaz
12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes...Tayybah is up by one on the TB Gem Count. Sweeet! That definitely deserves a smile.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gifRiyadh akhi - what did you eat ?

I want some, MashAllah :D :D :D

Riyadh
12-03-2008, 01:02 AM
http://forums.almaghrib.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1532
Qabeelah Majd vs Qabeelah Tayybah

The Race for AL-JANNAH and the LIWAA CUP continues...

Two may acquire Al-Jannah...but only one may get the LIWAA CUP!

emarouf
12-03-2008, 03:20 AM
http://forums.almaghrib.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1532
Qabeelah Majd vs Qabeelah Tayybah

The Race for AL-JANNAH and the LIWAA CUP continues...

Two may acquire Al-Jannah...but only one may get the LIWAA CUP!Yeah and that is Majd inshaAllah.

You know what we were telling HQ last time... just to save cost and the hassle of engraving the Qabeelah name every year on the cup... why not just engrave the remaining 6 plates with Majd... and then we can think about it after 6 years .. lol :D

Nadeem R
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah and that is Majd inshaAllah.

You know what we were telling HQ last time... just to save cost and the hassle of engraving the Qabeelah name every year on the cup... why not just engrave the remaining 6 plates with Majd... and then we can think about it after 6 years .. lol :DWhen the cup was given at TSP, Shaykh Muhammad Al-Shareef said himself: watch out for New York. I wouldn't get too comfortable with that cup. We were still only 3/4 months old when he made that statement, and now we've 2 years under our belt.

It's time for a change. It's time for the cup to move to a Qabeelah that is rocking its city with ILM and its not just any small-town, its the toughest city of all, NYC! I think we've taken a jumpstart with Tayybah Descends, showing we hold a vision for Al-Maghrib and we're on a mission: to make sure this knowledge reaches as many people as possible.

Majd, you know you're initimated, thats why ya'll spend so much time in our folder. We've been on your backs for a long time now at position 2. You had some breathing room while these UK Qabaail had their courtesy positions on the ranking. Now that things are readjusted, we're right behind you...again... its time for the final bump.

Imtiaz
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
When the cup was given at TSP, Shaykh Muhammad Al-Shareef said himself: watch out for New York. I wouldn't get too comfortable with that cup. We were still only 3/4 months old when he made that statement, and now we've 2 years under our belt.

It's time for a change. It's time for the cup to move to a Qabeelah that is rocking its city with ILM and its not just any small-town, its the toughest city of all, NYC! I think we've taken a jumpstart with Tayybah Descends, showing we hold a vision for Al-Maghrib and we're on a mission: to make sure this knowledge reaches as many people as possible.

Majd, you know you're initimated, thats why ya'll spend so much time in our folder. We've been on your backs for a long time now at position 2. You had some breathing room while these UK Qabaail had their courtesy positions on the ranking. Now that things are readjusted, we're right behind you...again... its time for the final bump.

smell that....

that's what a tribe of leaders smells like...

Riyadh
12-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Critics Review

Majd has always been strong since the beginning, which led to their first victory in 2006, followed by the 2007 LIWAA. And they continue to remain strong thus far...

Tayybah has been rising slowly, yet steadily and 2008 has key highlights from Tayybah...(1) IlmFest (it was a big success; well organized and the IlmFest CDs were a hot item)...(2) Torch Bearers (Tayybah's record breaking class attendance)...(3) Tayybah Descends (the first venue date was a success, and it looks very promising)...(4) PalTalk TB Review Sessions (including Bonus Sessions and initiating the Inter-Qabeelah Quiz Competitions may bring the attendance from 22 to many more insha'Allah)

Anything else I miss from the list?

So where will Tayybah rise in next? TB class exam attendance on Jan 4th...will this be the last deciding factor for HQ?

Riyadh
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Bismillaah

Aright... let's post in this thread what we don't see happening at QMajd on the forums.

Perhaps, an idea or two will help us think from a different angle and produce even cooler ideas :)

The Problem I have with Majd is that...THEY ARE ALWAYS UP TO MUCH GOOD! MAshaALLAH!

May Allah reward them for their different angles of approach. Ameen.

iss ME! zahweee!
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Tayybah has been rising slowly, yet steadily and 2008 has key highlights from Tayybah...(1) IlmFest (it was a big success; well organized and the IlmFest CDs were a hot item)...(2) Torch Bearers (Tayybah's record breaking class attendance)...(3) Tayybah Descends (the first venue date was a success, and it looks very promising)...(4) PalTalk TB Review Sessions (including Bonus Sessions and initiating the Inter-Qabeelah Quiz Competitions may bring the attendance from 22 to many more insha'Allah)
Anything else I miss from the list?

So where will Tayybah rise in next? TB class exam attendance on Jan 4th...will this be the last deciding factor for HQ?

i hope HQ sees this...