PDA

View Full Version : What is the reference for these daleel?

Abdur Rahmaan
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,
Three reference that I wanted to find about?
1) The surah and the verse that mentions the miracle of Prophet Lut.
2) The book that mentions the hadith of those people that Allah will test on the Day of Judgement; insane, blind etc. And the hadith of Prophet Daniel and Umar.

JazakAllahu Kair.
Aslaamu Alaikum.

Waleed Basyouni
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,
Three reference that I wanted to find about?
1) The surah and the verse that mentions the miracle of Prophet Lut.
2) The book that mentions the hadith of those people that Allah will test on the Day of Judgement; insane, blind etc. And the hadith of Prophet Daniel and Umar.

JazakAllahu Kair.
Aslaamu Alaikum.
1) I think you are referring to Prophet Hood? I never mentioned anything about Prophet Loot. (Surat Hood 55)
2) The hadeeth is reported by Al-Imam Ahmad in his book Al-Musnad, and by Abdul-Razaaq in his book Al-Musannaf. Ibn Katheer and Ibn Taymiyyah declared it as authentic. From the contemporary scholars, Ash-Shaykh Al-Albanee and Ash-Shaykh Ibn Baaz also mentioned it was authentic. We will talk more about this hadeeth next week, inshaa'Allah.
3) It's not from a hadeeth. It's a story which was mentioned by Ibn Katheer in his book AlBidaayah wan-Nihaayah and mentioned by Al-Imaam Sulaymaan in Abdullah in his book Tayseer Al-Azeez Al-Hameed, an explanation of Kitaab At-Tawheed.

Abdur Rahmaan
03-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,
JazakAllahu Kair, Shaykh Waleed.
Yeah I meant Prophet Hud.

Salaam

Ra77aal
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
regarding #2 above- will children also be subjected to the same test as the insane, and those who did not receive a prophet?

I was discussing it with a friend today, and it seems that it would be fair to other people who continued to live that children be subjected to a test otherwise...we can say* to Allah why were we allowed to live and sin, while they got it easy... Also, b/c Allah knows what they would've been like had they grown up...

*just a hypothetical Q...no disrespect intended...