PDA

View Full Version : Important Question

eternalmuslimah
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
where in Saudi Arabia are you?c*curiousity strikes* as i grew up in saudi...alhamdulillah!

Sadly, yeah Saudi is really hard to get into...but it would be AMAZING if Al MAghrib could be more at a global scale! subhaanAllah

Abu Hurayrah
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I was wondering what to think of when your location said, "Saudi Arabia". After seeing Muhammad's post about AlMaghrib coverage in ArabNews, it all makes sense now, maa shaa Allaah. It's a pleasure to have you joining us.

eternalmuslimah
04-11-2007, 09:24 PM
youngMuslimah...you sound too much like me...

so for the record, we're NOT the same people...hahaha

craving-jannah
04-11-2007, 11:36 PM
SubhanAllah....THIS is globalization. MashAllah.
Welcome to the almaghrib family.

eternalmuslimah
04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
eternalMuslimah, I was born and raised in Saudi (last night I even payed a visit to the hospital I was born in, got really emotional). Me in Dammam ( 4 hrs drive from Riyadh)
i used to live in dammam too, for 4 years

Kaltham
04-12-2007, 01:01 AM
It sounds like alMaghrib is so much fun masha'Allah. I came here via arabnews (http://arabnews%3c/a%3E%20.%3C/i%3E) . The question is, when will it start here in my place? :( Or other middle east countries? I'll be moving to dubai in a couple of months insha'Allah. Perhaps UAE is more easy a country to enter. Saudi rules are tough!!
Masha Allah, from Saudi to Dubai? Sounds like an amazing trip to me. I was born and raised in Dubai, haven't been there since 95, but i heard it changed so much... i can't wait to go and pay it a visit or even move there... I don't know about the possibility of AlMaghrib coming there, if that happened my move would be super easy..!! I was told about a university in Ajman that was started by Bilal Phillips, you know anything about it? Don't know how similar it is to AlMaghrib, but i thought the classes they offer are interesting. I can't remember the name of it, but it is a branch of a University in either Wyoming or Montana, one of those weird states... I'll try to find the link insha Allah.

Fii Amaani'Laah

HayyaAlalFalah
04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I thought Bilal Philips was in England??

Abu Hurayrah
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
My place is in Sharjah, and is better than dubai any day.Maa shaa Allaah...my ex-ex-roommate was an Indian brother (he's registered somewhere on these forums, I think, but is not forums person) also grew up there, and I think he's there now. One of the best brothers I know, maa shaa Allaah, and I have a fond opinion of Ashshaariqah based on what he told me. And...well...just don't ask me what he said about the other Emirates.

Kaltham
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Masha Allah, that is it... I had completely forgot the name of it... I know what you mean by Dubai changing so much, i think the only thing that would turn me off is the traffic but other than that i would love to live in Dubai... i kinda like busy places.. as for the night clubs and stuff, then may Allah guide them, i will never forget the sound of 5 different masaajid making athaan pricesly 5 seconds apart.. Fitnah is every where, the fact that it is a Muslim country to me out weighs anything and everything... Shariqah, i was actually born in Shariqah but grew up in Dubai... All i remember is Shaari3 al Wa7da..

Fii Amaani'Laah

blessed.muslimah
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Salam, I live in the UAE as well. Dubai is a hectic place...it's just nice to go there once in a while. I live a 1 and a half hours drive from there. It would be awesome if AlMaghrib came here.

blue_blossom
04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
i don't know if it counts but i went to dubai da summer of 2004...and my mother and i had family friends in sharja and cujman as well...but sharjah and cujman seemed soo lonely and dead..compared to dubai..

im a city person...so i fell inlove with dubai*minus the weather**...
it would truly be awesome if they had an almaghrib class there..im sure alot of people would benefit..however i think in most islamic countries..dere not stuck on holding on to their religion..maybe they take it for granted cuz its all around them..allahu aclam..

hu knows..