PDA

View Full Version : The "I need to get married" disorder

Hala
04-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Assalama 'Alaykum

Apparently, many students who took Love Notes have caught the 'I need to get married' disorder :D

Here's a list to see if you've really caught it, enjoy. (A friend forwarded this to me so I thought I'd share :))

-----------------------------------
You have this syndrome if you've had 3 of the symptoms in the last week..

1) You feel as if you need to get married as a result of your friends.
a. All your friends are getting married

b. you have a friend(s) who talk about marriage 24/7

2) You feel as if marriage will solve all of your problems

3) You feel as if your single status is the cause of all of your problems

4) Every new person you meet or see is spouse potential (warning of full blown disorder)

6) You find creative ways (forum search, google search) to find out about information about that person

7) You look at muslim matrimonial sites for fun (Severe symptom)
You join these sites (warning of full blown disorder)

8) You randomly inform people that you are NOT looking

9) You randomly proclaim I NEED TO GET MARRIED!!

10) You can not go a day with out talking about or thinking of marriage (Severe symptom)

11) Your friends believe you need to get married

12) Your friends are looking for a spouse for you (Severe symptom)

13) Your friends are tired of your talk about marriage (warning of full blown disorder)

14) Your friends are also experiencing symptoms of "you need to get married" disorder (warning of full blown disorder)

15) You know what qualities you want your spouse to have

16) You have written down these characteristics (severe symptom)

17) You have shared these characteristics with others (warning of full blown disorder)

18) You know what you want your dowry to be/ you have saved for the dowry you will give

19) You have planned out your life with a person you are interested in and they do not know (severe symptom)

20) You have planned out your life with a person you are interested in and they do not know you (warning of full blown disorder)

21) Writing the person's name on the MSA sign in sheet by accident.

22) Plotting ways to get to know that person with your friends.

23) You casually let people know you are looking for a spouse.

24) You say to your friends "I need to do _______before I can get married" and or "I will _______ after I get married" (you are in denial and suffering symptoms of I need to get married disorder)

25) You are worried about being a good husband or wife

26) you are worried and you are not even engaged (severe symptom)

27) You have discussed the idea of you getting married with your parents

28) You have discussed the idea of you getting married with your parents and it was you who brought up the topic (severe symptom)

29) You have gone to a lecture (or listened to) on Marriage and or relationships in Islam

30) You looked at this list and can remember experiencing more then three symptoms with-in the last week (warning of full blown disorder)

31) This list makes you sad and or mad (I'm sorry...but you are suffering from "you need to get married disorder"; you should take action quickly)

32) This list makes you laugh.....(you have symptoms with a good chance of recovery)

Umm Salma
04-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Assalama 'Alaykum

29) You have gone to a lecture (or listened to) on Marriage and or relationships in Islam

It should be...
You go to (or listen to) ALL of the lectures or as many lectures as possible on marriage or relationships in Islam.

I loved this list. Good laugh!

blue_blossom
04-24-2007, 12:49 AM
looooooooooooool..my friend posted that on facebook..it was hilarious...

yeah i guess we all have the symptoms we can't deny it..let's just own up to it...

inshallah may we all find the best suitable partner in this life that will meet up with us in the hereafter in jannah inshallah...and ameen...

Survival Mechanism
04-24-2007, 08:18 AM
19) You have planned out your life with a person you are interested in and they do not know (severe symptom)

20) You have planned out your life with a person you are interested in and they do not know you (warning of full blown disorder)

These are a riot. lol

Monazza
04-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Assalama 'Alaykum

Apparently, many students who took Love Notes have caught the 'I need to get married' disorder :D

Here's a list to see if you've really caught it, enjoy. (A friend forwarded this to me so I thought I'd share :))

-----------------------------------
You have this syndrome if you've had 3 of the symptoms in the last week..

1) You feel as if you need to get married as a result of your friends.
a. All your friends are getting married

b. you have a friend(s) who talk about marriage 24/7

2) You feel as if marriage will solve all of your problems

3) You feel as if your single status is the cause of all of your problems

6) You find creative ways (forum search, google search) to find out about information about that person

8) You randomly inform people that you are NOT looking

9) You randomly proclaim I NEED TO GET MARRIED!!

10) You can not go a day with out talking about or thinking of marriage (Severe symptom)

11) Your friends believe you need to get married

12) Your friends are looking for a spouse for you (Severe symptom)

13) Your friends are tired of your talk about marriage (warning of full blown disorder)

14) Your friends are also experiencing symptoms of "you need to get married" disorder (warning of full blown disorder)

15) You know what qualities you want your spouse to have

24) You say to your friends "I need to do _______before I can get married" and or "I will _______ after I get married" (you are in denial and suffering symptoms of I need to get married disorder)

25) You are worried about being a good husband or wife

26) you are worried and you are not even engaged (severe symptom)

27) You have discussed the idea of you getting married with your parents

30) You looked at this list and can remember experiencing more then three symptoms with-in the last week (warning of full blown disorder)

32) This list makes you laugh.....(you have symptoms with a good chance of recovery)
I concur with the above situations...is that bad, Hala?! :ppp

omer_k88
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
33) You post on one of those matrimonial sites and then when someone discovers it, you realize you had been repressing the memory. I found a brother's thing on some site. He was like "NO WAY!" and then after 2 days he was like "Oh yeah, now I remember"

eternalmuslimah
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
LOL!

twas fun reading... :D

*Beautiful Patience*
04-24-2007, 03:11 PM
inshallah may we all find the best suitable partner in this life that will meet up with us in the hereafter in jannah inshallah...and ameen...
Ameen!!!

Rahma
04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
32) This list makes you laugh.....(you have symptoms with a good chance of recovery)Just did that.

Who comes up with this stuff...?

Ameen Thumma Ameen!

Abu Hurayrah
04-25-2007, 05:58 AM
21) Writing the person's name on the MSA sign in sheet by accident.Please tell me this is not something that actually happens...

Aside from that, this list was...to say the truth....frightening! I cannot imagine anyone being completely free from these symptoms (what does that say about my own condition).

On a side note, is this at all inspired by other syndromes that have come up (SEWDIS, IIDINOW)?

Yusrah Uthman
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
So true, brother, soooo true!

Hala
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Please tell me this is not something that actually happens...

Aside from that, this list was...to say the truth....frightening! I cannot imagine anyone being completely free from these symptoms (what does that say about my own condition).
I wouldn't know, I'm not too involved with an MSA...maybe you would know better?

Unless anybody hear can speak from experience...

I'm glad for the most part that this was enjoyed. Alhamdulilaah.

mahin
04-26-2007, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't know, I'm not too involved with an MSA...maybe you would know better?

Unless anybody hear can speak from experience...

I'm glad for the most part that this was enjoyed. Alhamdulilaah.

I've never heard of that one...however did you have the '"Everyone looks like him/her syndrome"??

Nadeem R
04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
man...im in trouble...so what's the cure?

Hala
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Fasting is the cure...let us know how it works!or marriage :)

Ibtissam
04-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I recall the hadith saying: He who is ABLE to marry, let him do so or else let him fast>>>two options insha Allah

wallahu ta'ala a'lam

craving-jannah
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hala.

Please tell me this is not something that actually happens...

This explains all the email addresses on the sign up sheet, but no volunteers during the actual events...I guess all the names were just people day-dreaming. wallahualum.
what u say abu h?

tameem-adarami
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Needing to get married...Wanting to get married.....Would love to get married.........Striving to get married..........Dreaming about getting married
Working towards getting married

Whatever way you want to put it; if the intention is with sincerity and done in accordance to the sunnah then WHY NOT.

Some people complicate what the sunnah has made easy. Some people have good intentions but fear rejection. Some people are crippled by adverse lonliness and lack of companionship. Maybe it's not a disorder but an attempt to remain in order or in compliance to what is a GOD given right.

Lets consider the long term consequences of an UMMAH of young Muslims struggling to get married

HopefulMuslimah
04-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Needing to get married...Wanting to get married.....Would love to get married.........Striving to get married..........Dreaming about getting married
Working towards getting married

Whatever way you want to put it; if the intention is with sincerity and done in accordance to the sunnah then WHY NOT.

Some people complicate what the sunnah has made easy. Some people have good intentions but fear rejection. Some people are crippled by adverse lonliness and lack of companionship. Maybe it's not a disorder but an attempt to remain in order or in compliance to what is a GOD given right.

Lets consider the long term consequences of an UMMAH of young Muslims struggling to get married
at fisrt I was like man, this ain't good cuz I think most of (us?) have the disorder (perhaps in a severe form);) but many of us might not even be aware that they are sufferers, >>>>>>"how do you cure wat you don't acknowledge"?

BUT( forget everything I just said) I couldn't agree more with you tameem-adarami :)

Mubarak
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
...Here's a list to see if you've really caught it...
Ive looked over the list (and checked it twicehttp://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif) and since Islam has enjoined that I speak the truth...Im probably suffering from one or two on the list. Does that mean...that Im gonna get really sick that I wont be able to go to work? (cause I really could use a few days off)

Osob Mohamud
05-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Asalamualkum,
This list Hala is way too funny. I think if you asked me this about 3 or 4 months ago about marriage I would be like insha'allah when I am 30. After taking love notes and hearing the great benefits of marriage in Islam I caught myself on the list. Those of us who are not married may Allah give us suppose that will fulfill their duties, and who are knowledge and follow the Quran and Sunnah and those who are married may Allah fill your marriage with Love and Mercy

Ifteen
05-17-2007, 12:50 AM
most of us caught a bad case of this disorder after the love notes class we were talking about marriage and the logistics of what our weddings would be like :)

man, it was intense. Allhamdulliah many of us are recovering slowly but surely were recovering :)

p.s. there were many cures (marriages) right after the class :)

coincedence? I think not!

worried
05-21-2007, 12:40 AM
This is hilarious. I don't know of anyone who has gone through this.

Asha
05-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Asalamualkum,
This list Hala is way too funny. I think if you asked me this about 3 or 4 months ago about marriage I would be like insha'allah when I am 30.
Walahi i used to say the same then.. inshallah when am 30.. after a i get my degree, get into my career, settle in my own home that i bought and may be then start looking when i bore myself to death lol :)
i didnt even take love note, unfortunately it passed earlier this year b4 i heard about Almaghrib :( But all the sisters were more then eager to let me in on the stories of ur Beloved Prophet (pbuh) and i just started thinking about marriage and what we singles are missing out on!! :(

Ifteen
05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Tell me about it! I was on that page too until I took the Love notes class.

Asha, Imagine what you would've been like IF u had taken the class http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

bintNaim
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM
yeah...most of us think that we will be like this at the age of 30.....
but subhanallah based on my own experience at the age of 24, when people tease me of when to get married, i was like yuck..yuck no no.....
but early this year when the age ripe to 25, i started to get this disorder....

going thru the list.....it make me laugh so much.....

may Allah find a way out (marriage) for all the singles and for those who married and will be married, may Allah blessed the marriages.

yusuf islam
05-24-2007, 09:44 PM
aasalamu aalikum..u must have put in a lot of time making this list mashallah and i am wondering if ur amongst those brothers and sisters whome you have classified suffering from the i wanna get married syndrome :) but alhumdulillah , i see nothing wrong in getting married because its completing half your deen!

Mehreen Khan
06-14-2007, 02:07 AM
hahah...this was pretty funny :D

sonrisakm
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
SubhanAllah, Shaykh Yaser has the greatest ability to make his students want to be married... like we're missing out on something amazing. There is far too much fitnah out there for anyone who isn't married so I see why he explains it like this. e.g. When he says "I feel sorry for you" to the singles.
May Allah bless all the single brothers and sisters with spouses very soon. Ameen.