PDA

View Full Version : Getting married for the wrong reasons?

eternalmuslimah
04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Assalaam aleykum!

I was wondering, is there a such thing as 'getting married for the wrong reasons' in Islam? i mean for example wanting to get married for the sole reason of escaping out of your parents' house because it feels too stressful?
Unfortunately, i've heard a lot of people wanting to get married for this reason and then many aren't happy even once they're married because they weren't 'prepared'...

any ideas?

also, there's guidelines in Islam for when a man should be looking to get married (i.e. he should be able to support a wife etc.)...what about a woman?

someone recently put forth these questions and umm...i thought it would be good to see what response i'd get here...

jazaakum Allah khayr (in advance)

yasser_z
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
well like the Prophet (salallahu alaihi wasallam) said, you get what you intend for. so if someone wants to marry for the sake of pleasing Allah, protecting themselves from sin and earning a way to jannah then all praise be to Allah.

like u said a problem run from will always resurface. so perhaps if the person is blessed, Allah will not let them marry until that parental issue is resolved.

and Allah knows best.