PDA

View Full Version : Sheikh Yaser-Making doa for marriage?

Allahu-Akbar
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
salamalykom Sheikh Yaser,

I have a question about making doa for marriage. I would like to get married, but at this point I don't know if it is the best time for me (+ I don't really have someone in mind either..).

When making doa, I have been saying to bring marriage whenever it is best for me. If I say 'when it's the best time for me'...that could be tomorrow, or in 6 years, or in 10 years..or in 3 months.... ALLAAHU ALAM.
But I really would like to get married sooner than later, with the Help of Allaah.

So what is the best way to make doa for this matter?
ie- Want to get married soon, not sure if I'm ready but really would like to (want to protect myself from the fitna of the society, to help lower my gaze, complete the deen....etc), + don't really have anyone in mind, but know what I'm looking for enshaAllaah.

drjou
05-20-2007, 08:27 PM
as salaamualaikum,

i also have a few questions regarding making du'a for getting married soon. what is the best du'a for this?

also, is it appropriate to make du'a to Allah to get married to a particular person or is it better to just make a general du'a to Allah for a wife that will be the best for one in this life and the next? or, even more complicated, is it appropriate to make du'a to Allah for a particular person and asking Allah to make that person the best for one in this life and the next (granted the person meets certain standards of piety and good character and knowledge of deen)?

jazakumAllahu khair.

amber_k2007
06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
assalaamu alaykum

I have a similar question...is it right to make Du'a for a specific person that you want to marry in future?

also is there specific du'a for this type of desire?

I really hope to have an answer to my questions...they would be really appreciated..

thank yu, Allah hafiz

Yaser Birjas
06-02-2007, 09:50 PM
The best way of going about it is by working on the means which will make marriage possible to you. Things that make you ready for marriage such as level of maturity and resposibility. Then ask Allah to help facilitate this for you.
You better ask Allah to help you find the right match not the perfect match. Asking Allah for a particular person is ok, but how do you know if he or she is the right match?

I do not know any specific du'a for this kind of request but you can still ask -in general- for the qualities best found in a righteouss spouse.

Wallahu A'alam