PDA

View Full Version : Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Muhammad Alshareef
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
What your dad is talking about is why I set up:
www.successinislam.com (http://www.successinislam.com/)

and you can read about why I feel it's critical to have a Muslims perspective at:
www.outstandingmuslim.com (http://www.outstandingmuslim.com)

PS: I have learned from Dr.John and have benefitted, but after learning from so many non-Muslims on personal development, I truly believe you are going to get messed up one way or the other ultimately.

Umm_Hasni
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Asalamu alaikum,

I have been married for almost 2 years and recently read this book. And honsetly speaking, when I was going through the book I thought to myself "Why didn't anyone tell me about this book earlier!!!". It helped me A LOT reading this book. Though, while reading the book you cannot rely completely on the book as it is not an islamic book. But it does help you with realizing how men think and what they need. It helped me give my husband the space he needs and I need.

Anyways, I hope this helps!

Wasalam

Abdullah Bin Jahash
06-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I truly believe you are going to get messed up one way or the other ultimately.as Salamu 3alaykum wa Ra7matullahi wa Barakatuh dear respected Shaykh Muhmmad Alshareef. But Shaykh Yaser Birjas suggested this book when I took the Love Notes class. I'm a little confused now. Are you suggesting not to read the book at all or read it with caution? And yes I signed up to ur success email. I'm well into my 40th week. I'll admit it was an amazing experience for me, Al7amdulillah. I was going thru the worst time of my life and those emails helped me amazingly--each week I got email as if it was directed toward the problems and/or thought process I was going thru for that week. Jazakumullahu khayrn ya shaykhuna. May Allah give you tremendous reward for that. and May He grant you the company of Nabiyeen, Siddiqeen, Shuahada and Saleheen in Alfirdaus. wa as Salamu 3alaykum wa Ra7matullah.

HopefulMuslimah
06-03-2007, 05:26 AM
as Salamu 3alaykum wa Ra7matullahi wa Barakatuh dear respected Shaykh Muhmmad Alshareef. But Shaykh Yaser Birjas suggested this book when I took the Love Notes class. I'm a little confused now. Are you suggesting not to read the book at all or read it with caution? And yes I signed up to ur success email. I'm well into my 40th week. I'll admit it was an amazing experience for me, Al7amdulillah. I was going thru the worst time of my life and those emails helped me amazingly--each week I got email as if it was directed toward the problems and/or thought process I was going thru for that week. Jazakumullahu khayrn ya shaykhuna. May Allah give you tremendous reward for that. and May He grant you the company of Nabiyeen, Siddiqeen, Shuahada and Saleheen in Alfirdaus. wa as Salamu 3alaykum wa Ra7matullah.
About the book, I am currently reading it as well because it has been suggested in this forum sooo many times and I thought finally I just have to read it! Also, I did read somewhere in this forum that Sheikh Yasir may Allah preserve him suggested it in his class.

I am quite envious (in a halal way) since you said you are in your 40th week with the success emails because I am only in my 4th week :(

But then I dont wanna get close to the end because I will feel like the wonderful weekly emails are coming to an end:(

May Allah reward you tremendously Ya Sheikh Muhammad

Hasan
06-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Wa 'alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakaatuh,

I remember talking to a newly married brother, encouraging him to buy this book. He started to share his concept of how a marriage should work, how a husband should behave, how a wife should behave, etc. I was amazed - it was like he was quoting straight from the book. So I asked him, "Have you already read it?" He was like, "No, I just read ahadeeth about the subject." Allahu akbar!

I've read the book. I don't necessarily agree with everything it says, yet I also see much of the sunnah in that book, subhana Allah.

For example:
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=21026
and
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=15331

I think there's a real lack of such explanations based on Islamic sources in the English language. Fortunately, Ruqayyah Waris Maqsood's The Muslim Marriage Guide is a nice exception, al-hamdu lillah.

eternalmuslimah
06-03-2007, 12:55 PM
i got the book for free and therefore I have it and have read it

but it's true the book doesn't teach anything that we couldn't learn from the life of our Prophet Muhammad (3layhi salaat was salaam)

meryooma
06-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Asalamu 3alaykum :),

Actually there is an even better book written by John Gray called What Your Father Doesn't Know, and What Your Mother Won't Tell You. Although these books are not necessarily harmful to read, everything you need to know about the nature of men and women is outlined for us in Quran and Sunnah. Alhamdulilah, we have the most complete deen!