PDA

View Full Version : Durbah (New Jersey) vs Hosna (Houston)

Hala
07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Durbah (New Jersey), Route 114: Uloom ul Quran
Dates: October 26-28 & November 2-4, 2007

Hosna (Houston), The Rays of Faith: Fundamentals of Faith 201

Sarah Mushtaq
07-07-2007, 08:52 AM
LOL MashaAllah, funny looking poll :)

*ahem* Hosna, where ya at?

Anti_Shaytan
07-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Let's see if Hosna actually shows up to play this time. Or will this be just another walk in the park for Durbah (repeat of Chain).

Nadeem R
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
BEAT HOSNA!
...nyc gotcha back...speaking of getting peoples backs...if any durbites are coming to NYC, well see below...you'll get it...

Sr.Anam
07-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Ya DURBAH! How about letting your competitors KNOW of the competition b4 getting over excited eh?

I didn't know we were being challenged until a sister e-mailed me this link...

The poll doesn't look very pretty from where i am sitting.. May Allah help Hosna succeed!! Ameen!! :)

Melody
07-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Bismillah

Durbah (New Jersey), Route 114: Uloom ul Quran

Hosna (Houston), The Rays of Faith: Fundamentals of Faith 201
Dates: October 26-28 & November 2-4, 2007That's like right after Ramadan/Eid ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't people be superbly exhausted? And, I'd like to add, that if it were up to me, I'd take a break and have a different subject matter to study after Ramadan, where all Ramadan, its Qur'aan and Qiyaam ...

Anti_Shaytan
07-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Bismillah

That's like right after Ramadan/Eid ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't people be superbly exhausted? And, I'd like to add, that if it were up to me, I'd take a break and have a different subject matter to study after Ramadan, where all Ramadan, its Qur'aan and Qiyaam ...

exausted...or on an all time eman rush high!

Melody
07-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Bismillah

exausted...or on an all time eman rush high!No, exhausted :D

What I meant was that our bodies would be exhausted from staying up, especially the last 10 nights, but on the flipside, our imaan would be insha'Allah raised because of being in the habit of not parting with the Qur'aan. :) (good times, good times)

Usually, people like to visit their families on the weekends after Eid ... because sometimes the day of Eid falls on a weekday. I'm just concerned about the quality of the course ... because a lot of the times, the instructors feed off of our energy ... and if we are not mentally "there" ... that can result in a lackluster class!

Remember when classes fell during breaks (e.g. Winter/Hajj season, Spring Break, Loong weekends) ... ahh how I long for a class that falls like that again!

So I guess my challenge is to BRING IT!

Hala
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Bismillah

That's like right after Ramadan/Eid ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't people be superbly exhausted? And, I'd like to add, that if it were up to me, I'd take a break and have a different subject matter to study after Ramadan, where all Ramadan, its Qur'aan and Qiyaam ...

Absolutely, but I see it as a plus. People will be on this eman rush all month long in shaa Allah, and bi idhnillah, that will allow them to block out all excuses to registering for this seminar... shaytaan won't be there to give them any excuses. Exhausted? After Ramadan? Is that even possible? =]
No excuses. Easy in shaa Allah.

alikhlas
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Alhamdulillah, Hosna's numbers are rising... May Allah increase them even more!

And because the class is held right after Ramadan, it will easier to advertise at the Masaajid because inshaAllah they will be full with people on an iman-high..