PDA

View Full Version : question for the married bro's and sis!

AKA
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
assalam-alaykum

just a quick question. i am wondering how many guys out there would want their wives to work? i got a wonderful job and lot of 'grinding' went in buying my way into it. am also at a stage where i might (inshAllah) get married soon. how wise is it to work, especially if you have kids? cant you leave them off at the grandparents or something? i would love to raise my kids myself, but does that mean i gotta give up my job? that would be really, really sad.

hassanm
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
assalam-alaykum

just a quick question. i am wondering how many guys out there would want their wives to work? i got a wonderful job and lot of 'grinding' went in buying my way into it. am also at a stage where i might (inshAllah) get married soon. how wise is it to work, especially if you have kids? cant you leave them off at the grandparents or something? i would love to raise my kids myself, but does that mean i gotta give up my job? that would be really, really sad.

Wa'alikum-as-salaam. I think there is a thread that discussed this issue. And as far as I remember the result was mix, some brothers would not want working wife, while others would be ok with it. Similarly there were sisters who did not want to work at all, while others want to. Discuss this issue with your husband to be.

Nadeem R
07-15-2007, 12:11 AM
i think the key question in this discussion is how many hours a week do you want to see each other (spouses)?

and how many hours of quality family time with everyone together, not one parent missing? If both parents are exhausted from work, and checking emails at home...then you're basically left with minutes per day. We all know the fitnah of today is far greater than it was when we were growing up, so we have to be practical about raising kids and give them and us a fighting chance...islamic schools don't cut it, public schools surely don't...parenting is the key

Memoona
07-15-2007, 07:28 AM
this issue has been discussed before as brother hasaanm said here is the link and you can read all the views and benefit inshaAllah http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=19312&page=1&pp=10

Bint Roots
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
JazakAllah khair Memona for the link. I came here to post the same link but I see that you have already done the job. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala reward you.
AKA, inshaAllah you can benefit from the extensive discussion on the same topic provided in the link. This thread is now closed