PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Marriage

Aliza
07-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Salam,

I am not a Muslim, I am Christian, but my boyfriend has converted to Islam. I am pregnant with his baby and we live together at my family's home. I believe he is planning to marry a Muslim woman and he is booking a hotel to stay in Luton, where he sometimes goes to attend Islamic lectures, in August. How can I stop this from happening or inform potential brides that he is with me and expecting a child?

Please help.

Abdullah~
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Wa alaykum salam

Why don't you look into Islam and read the Qur'an and see for yourself? Maybe you do not have to leave him. If you do decide to accept he can stay with you Allah willing, but you have to be married first. Maybe he can give you time and at least a chance to think and reflect on what's best. It's his child. All your sins are forgiven once you accept Islam, and you are given a clean slate and a new birth so to speak if you surrender yourself entirely to Allah. You should pray to Allah for what's best and to guide you.

Allah is the acceptor of repentance the Most Gracious and Most Merciful and the Creator of all creation, and Master of the Day of Judgement.

I hope you find Islam and Allah does guide you to accept, ameen.

You can probably ask all the questions you want here unless the moderators decide otherwise, and Alhamdullilah we have some knowledgeable people here so you are in a good place, Alhamdullilah (praise be to Allah).

Asalamu alaykum

Aliza
07-31-2007, 05:03 AM
Thank you for your reply.

I bought an English Quran and I have been reading it, as well as lots of other books about Islamic homes and guidance for family life. I didnt want to be forced into converting as I wouldnt be genuine, these things need time. My family (extended, not immediate) would also be very offended by what they would see as a rejection of my family's religion and culture, so it would need to be handled sensitively.

Unfortunately I was not given this time. I discovered that my boyfriend has been courting a lady for over a month, lied about me, and said he was living alone. The imam at the mosque who helped to arrange it said I should be patient, but he has said the same to the other woman too!

He has now left me, pregnant and on my own, as he wants to repair the relationship with this new woman, not me.

I would convert in a second to keep a father for my baby, but now I have no choice as he has abandoned me and the baby before it is even born.

God help me, I dont know what to do.

Shazia
07-31-2007, 09:14 AM
I did hear that it is acceptable for a Muslim man to marry a Christian woman as long as she does not oppose Islam. Is he aware of this?

UmA
07-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Email toronto at almaghrib dot org and we'll have someone local in the UK get in touch with you. These forums are not an ideal way to go about such an important matter.