PDA

View Full Version : Pre-marriage blues..!

AKA
08-12-2007, 06:53 AM
assalam-alaykum. Alright, here's an announcement, I'm officially engaged (insert blush here lol) The 'guy' is really nice and everything (alhamdulillah) and we are scheduled to get married early next year insh'Allah. Like any other girl Ive been waiting for this moment, and now that it has finally arrived, I'm feeling really uneasy, nervous, distressed, confused :O) It's reached a point where I can no longer look at my parents w/o ending up teary-eyed. I can't sleep/eat like I used to, and spend a lot of the time wondering whether I'll be a good wife/mom. All the stuff about Islamic perspective of marriage keeps spinning in my head. My dad is avoiding being with me cos he just can't stand the fact that his lil darling baby is leaving.. Basically, I'm going crazy! All the married akhis and ukhtees, is this normal, did ya'll go through it, or am I so nai've and stupid? Please commiserate!

sireen
08-12-2007, 09:16 AM
aaawwwww....
First of all...mashallah...and alhamdulillah...may Allah bless you guys in this life and the hereafter and shower you with happiness and blessings always....
Second of all...I can't really talk from experience (as I have none, lol)...but inshallah things will brighten up soon! Don't worry that much! Look on the bright side!!! I think this is one way that shaytan is ruining for you a very happy occasion in your life...wallahu ta'ala a'lam...

:) ALF MABROOK!

suzanne
08-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Assalam Alaykum
In my opinion, it is perfectly normal. Leaving ones family home, living with someone new, new expectations and relationships are all matters which make us anxious. But its all about how you view them, you will see that your relationship with your mum and dad will change when you leave, but it will become even better than it is now Insha Allah. The time you spend with them will be quality time and you will value it more once you are married. You will also be able to have them over to your house and look after them as they have done for your. Regarding you and your future husband insha Allah, as long as you both are following the Qur`an and Sunnah your marriage will be blessed and your off springs will be pious Insha Allah.

Generous_1
08-12-2007, 10:15 AM
These thoughts are from the shaytaan. Early next year is a bit far off, so is when you become a mom if Allah willed it. Don't waste your time worrying about these things. Just chill and clear your head.

Swanlake
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Salaam sister

These thoughts should be put right at the back of your mind. Marriage is a beautiful thing if both of you understand each other and compromise. Stick to the Quran and Suannah. what is more beuatiful is the fact that your relationship with your parents will be more loving as sister suzane mentioned. The time you spend with them ill become more precoius and you will appreciate it more. You will be closer with your parents (from my experience).

Marriage life rocks sister. Dont worry inshallah. Put your trust in Allah and the rest will follow.

AKA
08-20-2007, 06:07 AM
JazakAllah Khayr everyone for posting! :-)

what is more beuatiful is the fact that your relationship with your parents will be more loving as sister suzane mentioned. The time you spend with them ill become more precoius and you will appreciate it more. You will be closer with your parents (from my experience).
I'm lookin fwd to the day I will get to do stuff for my parents instead insh'Allah.

Marriage life rocks sister.I hope so ;)