PDA

View Full Version : Rate of remarriage for divorced sisters

observer
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
Taking the cue from another thread, I have rephrased the question. What is the rate of remarriage among divorced sisters in your community?
0= very rare
1= somewhat rare
2= somewhat common
3= very common

observer
11-04-2007, 11:06 PM
??????

fevzy
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
??????Perhaps the low frequency of response to this poll is due to several reasons:

The question asks about "rate" but the response is about "frequency" (very rare - very common).
Rate has numerator and denominator, i.e. it takes into account of the number of relevant people. People in larger cities or masjid (e.g. NYC, S Cal, Houston) tend to hear more cases but in terms of rate, it might actually be lower than that of smaller cities (Kitchener). E.g. if a community in NYC (n=10,000) has 500 cases of remarriage in the last year [you'd expect to hear remarriage everyday] while Kitchener (n=500) has 30, the frequency in that NYC community is higher but the rate is lower than those of Kitchener's ~ Rate: 5 cases per 1,000 people in NYC vs. 6 cases per 1,000 people in K.

Even if you obtain a large sample for this poll (e.g. n=1,000), the direct conclusion derived on this survey may not be valid because large portion of them might come from the same area or masjid.
A minor issue: This question is largely based on perception. For higher validity, such poll or survey should be directed to the leaders of the community.

MSalah
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Perhaps the low frequency of response to this poll is due to several reasons:

The question asks about "rate" but the response is about "frequency" (very rare - very common).
Rate has numerator and denominator, i.e. it takes into account of the number of relevant people. People in larger cities or masjid (e.g. NYC, S Cal, Houston) tend to hear more cases but in terms of rate, it might actually be lower than that of smaller cities (Kitchener). E.g. if a community in NYC (n=10,000) has 500 cases of remarriage in the last year [you'd expect to hear remarriage everyday] while Kitchener (n=500) has 30, the frequency in that NYC community is higher but the rate is lower than those of Kitchener's ~ Rate: 5 cases per 1,000 people in NYC vs. 6 cases per 1,000 people in K.

Even if you obtain a large sample for this poll (e.g. n=1,000), the direct conclusion derived on this survey may not be valid because large portion of them might come from the same area or masjid.
A minor issue: This question is largely based on perception. For higher validity, such poll or survey should be directed to the leaders of the community.

JazaakumAllah khayr, Fevzy. :)

I learnt something from your post today.
M

Ra77aal
11-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Perhaps the low frequency of response to this poll is due to several reasons:

Masha'Allah! lol.

Whitney S
12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
does this really benefit us by knowing this? I mean would it benefit in our ibadah at all? my guess is not really. waAllahu Alim