PDA

View Full Version : ~*~qabeelat Haqq Love Notes Gems~*~

S Mohammad
08-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Assalamu `Alaikum Wa Rahamutuallahi Wa Barakatu HAQQIANS!

Please post your gems from the class here!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, lets show everyone who we are!

Wa `alaikum asslaam,
Samina

Fouzia Usman/Quest
08-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Love means "hub" in arabic which has only 2 words. As the word describes its meant to be beween 2 persons.

"Ha" - It has come from inside to outside
- From the throat which symbolically says that love can choke a person.
"Ba" - Simplest word in arabic and easy to pronounce.

Omar Mumtaz
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Love means "hub" in arabic which has only 2 words. I think you mean 2 letters, not words. right?

drjou
08-26-2007, 02:14 AM
"Moderation doesn't make history or attract attention. Extremes do."

drjou
08-26-2007, 02:20 AM
The Prophet salla Allahu `alaihi wa sallam loved Aisha rn passionately beyond just for the sake of Allah. The spouse needs to be loved for who they are. The Prophet salla Allahu `alaihi wa sallam loved Aisha rn for who she was.

drjou
08-26-2007, 02:29 AM
The dove in arabic literature is used widely as a symbol of love and romance even in religious poetry. A ring is the sign of obedience and slavery. In Europe, people who were slaves would wear rings with their mastersí names on them. (this is a partial explanation as to the significance of the title of ibn Hazm's book "The Ring of the Dove")

drjou
08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Allah has made love one of the mysteries of this life. SubhanAllah, this is so true. May Allah forgive us and enlighten us to its meaning in the hereafter. amin

Sirius1
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
"Moderation doesn't make history or attract attention. Extremes do."Okay...I'm curious...are we supposed to derive a lesson out of that?...like love moderately...don't go to extremes? What context was that said in? Doesn't the sincerity of love attract attention and not its extremism?
----
Thanks everyone for all the gems...Keep them rolling!

Yameen
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjou

Okay...I'm curious...are we supposed to derive a lesson out of that?...like love moderately...don't go to extremes? What context was that said in? Doesn't the sincerity of love attract attention and not its extremism?
__________________________________________________ __________________

That only mean that be in love (Passionately), but donít carried away (in action) and touch the boundaries of extremism. Because extreme things (actions) attract others besides the main party towards the matter. Generally that makes the matter from personal to public. There where it goes out of the scope of intimate!!

Nasreen Khan
08-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Allah SWT created men and women not to COMPETE with each other, but to COMPLETE the other. Subhaanallah!

Nasreen Khan
08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
If you are looking for a "perfect" spouse, it will happen in Jannah...BUT make sure you get there!!

Nasreen Khan
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
A husband is like a rubberband - he goes far, but comes back with greater force (love), so give space to your husband, but hold tight to the centre (home).

Nasreen Khan
08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Do not depend on "Rizq" - depend on the "Razzaaq"

Yameen
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Check this out...

LOVE is not a noun, Itís a verb folks.

zeyadram
08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
"Shariah came to fulfill the fitrah and not to oppose it."

Hisham L
08-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Subhana'Allah, soooo many wonderful gems from this past weekend.

When a man says "There is nothing wrong" he means leave me alone. When a woman says "there is nothing wrong" you better ask her again! :)

Sabiha
08-28-2007, 11:23 PM
asSalaamu'alaikum!!!

Regarding using words of affirmation, Sh. Yasir said..."use words that make a request not a demand"

"Don't depend on risk, depend on the Razzak" <----my FAVORITE!!!!

"Women: express through speaking/talking and are therefore better communicators. Men: Is a man of few words"

"For men, being emotional is a sign of weakness. For women, it is a sign of perfection (in men)"

"Beauty is a sign of perfection...when one sees an artwork, will say, "its beaaaautiful" even though its rusty"

"Don't fall for love based on image"

"Love--one of the mysteries of Allah swt--one cannot fully comprehend it"

Qabeelat Haqq....REPRESENT!!!!

Sabiha
08-28-2007, 11:30 PM
"When you come together in marriage, set the rules -- agree on things and clarify them for each other"

Sabiha
08-28-2007, 11:43 PM
"H"--articulating point comes from throat. Significance: the sound is from inside and then comes out (like love). "B"--articulating point is on the lips.
"Hubb" when you say it verbally, the structure of your lips looks like a kiss (because of the structure of the word)"

Yaser Birjas
08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Masha'Allah...keep those gems coming

Hisham L
08-29-2007, 06:53 AM
True love begins when the in-love period ends.

Hisham L
08-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Beauty is the assumption of perfection.

SarahalHabib
08-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Mouada in Arabic is ďLoveĒ in different degrees.

At this point everyone turns around and looks at Mouada. :)

SarahalHabib
08-29-2007, 12:37 PM
o Success is like a bird, and Mouada and Rahma are the wings.

SarahalHabib
08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
The Concept of Love is feeling of love without conditions, restrictions and to give freely and willingly.

Megan Wyatt
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
"..but once love takes hold, and they aren't meant to be together by the Will of Allah, then thay are under a test! What should they do with these feelings? A special passion for someone-keep the feelings inside, hide them. You will be held accountable for any actions in relation to this....."

Yameen
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Related qoute;
When the love exits among ... there is no need of justice... Abu Qasim Husain Bin Muhammad (Al-Raghib Ispahani)

Yameen
08-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Related qoute;
When the love exist among ... there is no need of justice... Abu Qasim Husain Bin Muhammad (Al-Raghib Ispahani)

Sirius1
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjou

Okay...I'm curious...are we supposed to derive a lesson out of that?...like love moderately...don't go to extremes? What context was that said in? Doesn't the sincerity of love attract attention and not its extremism?
__________________________________________________ __________________

That only mean that be in love (Passionately), but donít carried away (in action) and touch the boundaries of extremism. Because extreme things (actions) attract others besides the main party towards the matter. Generally that makes the matter from personal to public. There where it goes out of the scope of intimate!!Jazakallah Khairan for that! Related qoute;
When the love exist among ... there is no need of justice... Abu Qasim Husain Bin Muhammad (Al-Raghib Ispahani)Another Q: is this supposed to mean--when love exists between people, they are so forgiving that they wouldn't care about justice? Is that right? :)

Aisha_Teresa
08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
The Rights of the Husband
(and rewards for the Wife)

When a wife is obedient to her husband it is like the reward of fasting all day and praying all night

My First Al-Maghrib Institute Course and will not be my last - very, very excellent -
Masha Allah

Banu Haqq is my new rock which will help me to be more grounded in my Faith!

Fouzia Usman/Quest
08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
My First Al-Maghrib Institute Course and will not be my last - very, very excellent - Masha Allah

Banu Haqq is my new rock which will help me to be more grounded in my Faith!

Sr.Aisha
Welcome to the forums and Haqq family!
Jazakum Allah Khair for your supporting words. Alhamdulilah! I really feel happy after reading ur post.
Insha Allah we hope to bring more and more courses to So Cal. Pls make dua for us and if you would like to volunteer pls email us at banuhaqq@gmail.com

Sr.Quest(Fouzia)

ybaweinat
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
In the last moments of the Prophet's (PBUH), he was reclined on the chest of Aisha (R), and she would hold his hand, read quran and wipe his had over his body. Someone entered the room holding a miswak, and the Rasool looked at him. Aisha understood that he wanted the miswak so she soaked it with water, softened it with her saliva, and brushed his teeth with it. He then said "ila al rafeeq al a3la" (to the highest companion), and passed away. Aisha used to be proud that the Rasool's last moments were spent close to her and that the last thing to enter his stomach Peace Be Upon Him was her saliva.

ybaweinat
08-30-2007, 01:19 AM
The #1 reason for Nushooz (marital discord) is the Shaytan. The shaytan has his throne on the surface of the water and from there he sends shayateen to create mischief and misguide the believers. When they return, they compete, each trying to be recognized for making the most mischief. The one who always wins is the shaytan who succeeded in creating fitna between a man and his wife.

mocha1218
08-30-2007, 03:47 AM
the entire event was a gem, mash'Allah.

From the lectures, to the sheikh, to the setting, especially the atmosphere of so many brothers and sisters united for one common good... To praise Allah (swt) better.

Mash'Allah. I was really impressed by the entire event, and I will def. try to make it to the next one Insh'Allah.

Yameen
08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Jazakallah Khairan for that! Another Q: is this supposed to mean--when love exists between people, they are so forgiving that they wouldn't care about justice? Is that right? :)
Itís an expression rather then a norm or recommendation. Even from the critique angle, considering love has care, passion and respect (which are the integral part of the feeling) besides forgiveness, Do they really need justice among them?
May be they (Lovers) need justice (Aadal) to control (balance) their actions on individual level. (Wallaahu Aalam)

Sirius1
08-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Itís an expression rather then a norm or recommendation. Even from the critique angle, considering love has care, passion and respect (which are the integral part of the feeling) besides forgiveness, Do they really need justice among them?
May be they (Lovers) need justice (Aadal) to control (balance) their actions on individual level. (Wallaahu Aalam)Ah...I get it. Thank you brother.

Megan Wyatt
09-01-2007, 04:36 PM
"..extreme happiness and extreme sadness leads to the same result: tears." (so choose the moderate path.)

Megan Wyatt
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
"..Men feel motivated when they feel needed. For women, most are insecure, and they want to be cherished, and secure. Men speak thru actions, and gestures, and women thru language."

Megan Wyatt
09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
"..If a simple relationship doesn't work in this life, wait until the Dat pf Judgment-where they will show the greatest hostilities (towards each other.)"

Megan Wyatt
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
---> " Don't pay attention to those who LOOK righteous, but rather those who ACT righteously."

imansosweet
09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
" Fear of Allah will make a man to be very kind to his wife if he loves her and he will be very generous if he doesn't love her "