PDA

View Full Version : Haqq (Orange County) vs Wasat (Chicago)

Hala
09-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Haqq (Orange County), The Light of Guidance: Fundamentals of Faith
Dates: November 2-4 & 9-11, 2007

Wasat (Chicago), Chain of Command: Sciences of Hadeeth
Dates: October 26-28 & November 2-4, 2007

SarahalHabib
09-23-2007, 01:27 AM
MashaAllah, 53 already?! Allah'u Akbar!

lifelongstudent
09-23-2007, 01:31 AM
we've got some serious work to do guys!

Megan Wyatt
09-23-2007, 01:59 AM
time to get talking :)

S Mohammad
09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
this is going to be really hard for me to root for...i live in qabeelah haqq, BUT Wasat are like my homies....;)

Siraaj
09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Heh, we got demoted. Anyway, we deserved to be demoted for that last performance of 115. It's all good - Haqq, you picked a very bad time to compete with Wasat. Prepare for a smashing.

Siraaj

Fouzia Usman/Quest
09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Haqq, you picked a very bad time to compete with Wasat. Prepare for a smashing.
SiraajWe will see who picked bad time for this competition..

We repeat the same...

Wasat, you picked a very bad time to compete with Haqq. Prepare for a smashing insha Allah.

Sr.Quest

SarahalHabib
09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
OOOOHHHHHHH

OoooooOOOOOOoooooHHHhhhhhHHHHH

We're up against Samina's homies!!!

THIS IS GONNA GET GOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!

Q. Wasat doesnt have what we have..

Three Qabeelat's taking one class!

Beat THAT Q. Wasat!!

Ibrahim ibnImran
09-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Q. Wasat doesnt have what we have..

Three Qabeelat's taking one class!

?!
JazakAllah Khair for providing us with a legitimate excuse, just in case we lose.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

But I still think we can win, inshaAllah.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

islamaholic
09-26-2007, 10:57 AM
barak Allahu fikum jami`an...

but still, May Qabeelat Haqq cream Wasat!! Amin!! :)

Megan Wyatt
09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a plan Angie....

haha..
so sorry..lool..
I just couldn't help myself!!!

SarahalHabib
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
HA HA HA HA

Good ONE Sr. MEGAN!!! LOOOL

aahhhh this is gonna be fun!

We have Two other Qabeelat's from up north coming down to take the class inshaAllah!!! This is going to be exciting! :)

_imran_
09-26-2007, 03:57 PM
HA HA HA HA

We have Two other Qabeelat's from up north coming down to take the class inshaAllah!!! This is going to be exciting! :)So you need other Qabeeelat's to help you out? Sounds like a fair fight. :)

Anyway, last time I checked we're still up. So talks of "creaming" or "smashing" are a little premature at this point, no? :)

KamranH
09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
HA HA HA HA

We have Two other Qabeelat's from up north coming down to take the class inshaAllah!!! This is going to be exciting! :)Don't worry Sr Sarah....I'm sure even without Haadi and Wedad's support you'll "cream" Wasat! Just look at your your effort in Love Notes class mashaAllah. I'm sure you guys will rock by yourself....Haadi and Wedad will add the "cream" to your already "creamy" cake inshaAllah.

We're always here to support you but the strength of Qabeelat Haqq will be from Haqq itself -- not outside :)

wassalam
Kamran

Megan Wyatt
09-27-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm staring to feel a bit lactose intolerant. Lets skip the cream :)

Qabeelat Haqq: start calling your friends :) Ramadan-with all those iftaars and dinners, its a great time to happen to have flyers with you. Makes for a good conversation started too...

Typical dinner/iftar with the aunties....( no offense)

clink...clink...

Guest 1: These are wonderful samosas, masha'Allah. What kind of oil did you fry them in.

clink. clink...

Host: Olive oil actually. Did you know COSTCO has a really good deal on their olive oil?

Guest 2: Oh really? I should check that out. So, did anyone shop for their Eid outfit yet?

You: Actually, I plan to, but I have been busy preparing for my next class, Light of Guidance. Have you all heard of the AlMaghrib Institute?

Your moment arrives :)

hehe...just to get your brains thinking "outside the box." or rather, off of your dinner plate!

Don't worry Sr Sarah....I'm sure even without Haadi and Wedad's support you'll "cream" Wasat! Just look at your your effort in Love Notes class mashaAllah. I'm sure you guys will rock by yourself....Haadi and Wedad will add the "cream" to your already "creamy" cake inshaAllah.

We're always here to support you but the strength of Qabeelat Haqq will be from Haqq itself -- not outside :)

wassalam
Kamran

Fouzia Usman/Quest
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm sure you guys will rock by yourself....

Haadi and Wedad will add the "cream" to your already "creamy" cake inshaAllah.

strength of Qabeelat Haqq will be from Haqq itself -- not outside :)

wassalam
KamranThese are GEMS.

Strength of Qabeelat Haqq will be from Haqq itself!!

Jazak Allah Khair Br.Kamran.

Ibrahim ibnImran
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
the strength of Qabeelat Haqq will be from Haqq itself -- not outside :)

That's an intersting theory...

Where you at Socal? Do you really need the Ameer of another qabeelah to come back you up?

hehe, just kidding.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
no i'm nothttp://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon12.gif

by the way, at the time of this post, we're still winning 89 to 63.

SarahalHabib
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
That's an intersting theory...

Where you at Socal? Do you really need the Ameer of another qabeelah to come back you up?

hehe, just kidding.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
no i'm nothttp://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon12.gif

by the way, at the time of this post, we're still winning 89 to 63.Oh I think we're at a tie, dont you agree?

89 vs 63 doesnt really count.

Siraaj
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Slo Cal's gonna need all 3 Cali qabeelahs to compete with Wasat ;) And even then, we're gonna rock the house in chi-town with tremors they'll feel on the West Coast, insha'Allah :D

Siraaj

Megan Wyatt
09-29-2007, 02:15 AM
oh please don't say tremors bro...lets just not go there. *shudder*

_imran_
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Come on Wasat! We've been stuck on 91 for who knows how long. We have 3 weeks left. With all due respect to Haqq, they are still new on the scene. We should be the overwhelming favorites to win this contest (at least on paper). Let's see those numbers.

Mohammed Mana
10-05-2007, 02:35 AM
theres only one thing i can think of for you wassatians:

MY QABEELAH RULES AND YOURS DROOLS!!!

hey haqq...lets get wasat some towels to dry up all that drool...its becoming a hygiene hazard.

AZikria
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
theres only one thing i can think of for you wassatians:

MY QABEELAH RULES AND YOURS DROOLS!!!

hey haqq...lets get wasat some towels to dry up all that drool...its becoming a hygiene hazard.Wasat is getting rocked on the forums as it is. Can they handle the candle opps sorry we are having the light of Guidance. I guess they'll be in darkness.

I like the towel idea though.

Megan Wyatt
10-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Bismillah

89 and counting.....Alhamdulellah!! That was the Mission Viejo table in action last night!!

Speaking of candles...we actually HAD candles :) On the table..guiding the way!! It looked really nice masha'Allah...and some cute kids around to help out! Little da'wah hands in action, they helped apply the little sticker lables to our postcards! Barakah, insha'Allah!!!

Check out the images..

Megan Wyatt
10-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh, and one more thing...other people from last night also plan to register on line..insha'Allah we'll be seeing those numbers go up some more :) Haqq is powerful!

May the Haqq be with you!

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes. Alhamdulilah! The candles were really nice. And many new visitors.

But it was weird Mission Viejo got this colld.. maaan. That too in early Fallll!!!

Hisham L
10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Alhamdulillah!!!

islamaholic
10-06-2007, 03:05 PM
nice, ma sha' Allah !!

sbegum
10-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Speaking of candles...we actually HAD candles :) On the table..guiding the way!! It looked really nice masha'Allah...and some cute kids around to help out! Little da'wah hands in action, they helped apply the little sticker lables to our postcards! Barakah, insha'Allah!!!
Megan, the candles did look very nice. I think that the candles along with the cute kids attracted people to the table :)

Siraaj
10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Muahahahahaha! Wasat's on the move my friends. It's been a sleepy few weeks, but insha'Allah, the next few days are going to see some bumps and jumps on the Wasat side (just have to update the registrants lists).

You'd better hold another candlelight vigil - for Haqq's impending loss, insha'Allah :D

Siraaj

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
You'd better hold another candlelight vigil - for Haqq's impending loss, insha'Allah :D
Siraaj
Yes. insha Allah we are holding another candlelight vigil tomorrow night..
for Haqq's gain.. not loss... http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Megan Wyatt
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
29th Night of Ramadan....Qiyam Al-Layl Program...coming up insha'Allah!!

Come on Qabeelat HAQQ!!! Lets try to get 29 more people committed to coming to this class!

ummah13
10-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Aww man, I wish I could come. I'm a high school student who's so low on money! I was so pumped up on coming to classes way back when we had "Highway to Heaven" but I can't and I'm still so disappointed... :(

Inshallah I'll start working and get some $ and by Allah's will, attend a seminar next year (08) or in the near future.

Anyways, back to....

102 people? Oh yeah. Go HAQQ!

zeyadram
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
asalam alaikum sr. umma13,

don't let lack of funds be a hindrance to your seeking of knowledge especially for this class! there are many ways to fund the tuition fee: whether it be qardh hassan, applying for financial aid, or convincing your parents for a very special eid gift :)

AZikria
10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
keep on plugging away i need to get 350 people to this seminar. we must step up our game brothers and sister and I say this to myself first.

SarahalHabib
10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Muahahahahaha! Wasat's on the move my friends. It's been a sleepy few weeks, but insha'Allah, the next few days are going to see some bumps and jumps on the Wasat side (just have to update the registrants lists).

SiraajDont worry about ya akhi, we'll do it in honor of Wasat's loss, not Haqq's :)

I have faith in Haqq for we speak the TRUTH and you shall see that those numbers do not lie either...

Sleepy few weeks? SubhanAllah, work hard now, sleep later :D

Megan Wyatt
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=ummah13]Aww man, I wish I could come. I'm a high school student who's so low on money! I was so pumped up on coming to classes way back when we had "Highway to Heaven" but I can't and I'm still so disappointed... :(

You need to go to our local website and download the financial aid form! No excuses :)

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
29th Night of Ramadan....Qiyam Al-Layl Program...coming up insha'Allah!!

Come on Qabeelat HAQQ!!! Lets try to get 29 more people committed to coming to this class!
Alhamdulilah! 29th night Qiyam Al-Layl Program was awesome. Even though we couldnt make 29 more people I am very glad we had 14 people who registered last night. Alhamdulilah!

Wasat!!! Our second candle night vigil was a gain and not a loss http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Megan Wyatt
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
And we didn't even need the candles....loool

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Yap. No candles.

Jazakum Allah Khair for all the volunteers who showed up and helped us and also big Jazakum Allah Khair for Sh.Yasser Fazzaga who allowed us to have the table and also for making the annoucement and encouraging everyone to sign up for the class.

AZikria
10-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Aww man, I wish I could come. I'm a high school student who's so low on money! I was so pumped up on coming to classes way back when we had "Highway to Heaven" but I can't and I'm still so disappointed... :(

Inshallah I'll start working and get some $ and by Allah's will, attend a seminar next year (08) or in the near future.

Anyways, back to....

102 people? Oh yeah. Go HAQQ! Sister Ummah13 Be part of the pwer of ten and apply for the financial aid by e-mailing haqqfinancialservices@gmail.com also visit www.lightofguidanceinsocal.com. If you need a carpool raise your voice and someone will be able to pick you up possibly. Come sis give those excuses the black eye.

ummah13
10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks all for the advice.

I actually emailed haqqfinancialservices... last night so I'm just waiting to get some more info on that.

Once I get some info on the scholarships, that'll be great!

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Wasat!! Eventhough we have long way to go insha Allah, we are moving up and leading you guys. Alhamdulilah!!!!!

Megan Wyatt
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
moving up!!! Allahu akbar!!!!!

(but this is too slooooooooooooow!!! A few weeks left!!!! )

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Masha Allah!!! We are now 137!!!! TAkbeer!! Still we have long way to go to cream Wasat!!!!

Mohammed Mana
10-16-2007, 01:55 AM
to be honest my fellow haqians wasat isnt putting up much of a challenge. and im kinda tired of our numbers. lets hit 200 by next week!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY?

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
to be honest my fellow haqians wasat isnt putting up much of a challenge. and im kinda tired of our numbers. lets hit 200 by next week!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY?
True... http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=22961
We are third in the above thread. Durbah, Tayybah and Hosna are leading us. Lets first beat Hosna and then reach Tayybah and Durbah insha Allah.

Siraaj
10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Ah ah ah, Wasat's not done with you yet ;) We've just added 14 more people :D Guess how many we'll be adding tomorrow?

Siraaj

Omar Mumtaz
10-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Dont worry Haqq, you've got some Wedad re-inforcement:

TEN added as of last night and this morning http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif
Wa lillahil-hamd.

Megan Wyatt
10-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Ah ah ah, Wasat's not done with you yet ;) We've just added 14 more people :D Guess how many we'll be adding tomorrow?

Siraaj

Hmmm.....we need major jumps here Qabeelat HAQQ!! Not to worry, insha'Allah...its SO-Cal...people are laid back..whats the rush...they will register...:)

AZikria
10-18-2007, 01:57 AM

SiraajI haven't said anything till now. But it really doesn't matter how many you add because by the end of the weekend, INSHA ALLAH, I think you'll throw in the towel. ALLAHU ALIM but I feel since your seminar is one week ahead of ours your power of ten numbers will be in and ours would have not fully been counted.

With that being siad Qabeelat Haqq is for sure not stopping or feeling fat. There is a few late pushes we have to capitalize on to get people to benefit. Qabbelat Haqq don't let up this is not about numbers as much as it to make sure everyone hears about our seminar.

KamranH
10-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Haqq is rockin mashaAllah...almost hitting 180 now!

May Allah give both the qabeelah success

Fouzia Usman/Quest
10-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Haqq is rockin mashaAllah...almost hitting 180 now!

May Allah give both the qabeelah success
We are now... Alhamdulilah!

180......... Qabeelat Haqq rocks!!!!

Siraaj
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Haqq, you guys kicked the snot out of us =D We lost pretty bad (a whopping 70 people), and I think every qabeelah beat us in this class :(

So while Wasat is down, it's not out ;) We'll be stepping back, licking our wounds, and back for more next year insha'allah. For now, congratulations, and keep up the awesome work!

Siraaj

KamranH
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
So while Wasat is down, it's not out ;) We'll be stepping back, licking our wounds, and back for more next year insha'allah. For now, congratulations, and keep up the awesome work!

Siraajdéjà vu ;)

AZikria
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Haqq, you guys kicked the snot out of us =D We lost pretty bad (a whopping 70 people), and I think every qabeelah beat us in this class :(

SiraajYour tribe was a good opponent. INSHA ALLAH next time victory will be yours. We'll need more representation for our next seminar so keep us in your duas.

Siraaj
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Your tribe was a good opponent. INSHA ALLAH next time victory will be yours. We'll need more representation for our next seminar so keep us in your duas.

LOL, no lying, even when joking ;) We were a horrible opponent - that's been the way for the past two classes running :( It's all good, the data is in, we know where we goofed, and the adjustments have been made. We already have 40 people registered online, and we plan on having 100 before the weekend ends, insha'Allah.

Siraaj

Fouzia Usman/Quest
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
We already have 40 people registered online, and we plan on having 100 before the weekend ends, insha'Allah.

Siraaj
100 before the weekend ? Realistic ???... weekend is here already... or may be u meant to say before the month ends ?

Hala
11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Mashaa Allah, Qabeelat Haqq came out on top this time!