PDA

View Full Version : Chain of Command - Amazing class

_imran_
10-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Chain of Command is quickly becoming one of my favorite classes. May Allah (SWT) reward Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya for coming here and sharing this treasure (of knowledge) with us. I wish there were more people experiencing the eman rush that some of us are experiencing. SubhanAllah, it's beyond words - this amazing journey of seeking knowledge, the amazing stories of our great companions and the muhadithoon, and of course the amazing GEMS (check the chain of command section)! Just thought I let people know what they are missing out. :)

Siraaj
10-30-2007, 10:52 AM
The class is absolutely amazing, alhamdullillaah :D

Siraaj

Sirius1
10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah...Jazakallah khair Shaykh Abdul Bary Yahya!

Fatima Noubani
10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Fantastic masha Allah! No question about it. Jazak Allah Khair. May Allah SWT bless our instructor; only one weekend and I've learned so much. Amazing insights. :)

FeeSabeeLillah1
10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree with ALL that was said above! :)
Alhamdulillah for this opportunity. This class has opened doors to a vast understanding and insight into the AMAZING men of our Deen and the ingenious science of Hadith. It's rather shameful that I did not know alot about this science before...if only more of us would know and study it, it'd do wonders for our imaan.

JazakAllahu khayran Shaykh Abdul Bary Yahya for dessiminating this invaluable knowledge and bringing these men and their efforts for the Deen to life in such a beautiful way. I feel really bad for those who aren't attending this class...

Ibrahim ibnImran
10-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah!!

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Update:

Alhamdulillah. That class was awesome!!

May Allah Bless Sh. Abdul Bary and his family, Ameen.

I think I'm going to start a testimonial thread in the Chain of Command folder (if there isn't one already), inshaAllah. Feel free to join in.

veiled4life
11-05-2007, 01:02 AM
It is at certain times in our lives when certain words ring particulary true. Tonight, parting REALLY was such sweet sorrow, as the seminar was drawing towards an end and a sort of sadness settled over the class and the whole "Chain of Command Family." I cried at the Shaikh's closing words and his humbleness. Especially when he was saying, "insha Allah, we'll meet again soon, then again in Jannatul Firdaus and we'll say to each other, 'remember when we were in Chicago and took Chain of Command together...'" Shaikh is an amazing teacher and very knowledgeable. May Allah SWT reward him immensely and bless him and his family and grant him the highest level of Jannah. Jazak Allah Khair Shaikh Abdulbary Yahya.

_imran_
11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I feel this class exceeded all my expectations. I'm not saying this because of the usual post-AlMaghrib class syndrome that I have but because I truly and honestly enjoyed this experience. There were so many factors that helped shape this feeling but as is the case every time, it begins with the instructor and his teaching style. Shaykh Abdul Bary Yahya, may Allah (SWT) reward him, did a tremendous job in teaching us this core and fundamental topic in Islam and helped vastly improve our understanding of Uloom Al-Hadith. May Allah (SWT) reward him and give us the opportunity to meet again, whether in this life or in Jannah. You can't help but look at the GEMs thread and see we've already hit the century mark on the GEMs (and they're still coming!). But as amazing as those gems are, it doesn't do justice to the overall experience of taking the class, sharing the knowledge with others, and increasing the bond with your fellow knowledge seekers.

After every AlMaghrib class I tell myself "it can't get any better than this. Nothing can top this". But subhanAllah, I get proven wrong time and time again. So again, let me be the first one to say IT CAN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS! :)

abd4evr
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Shaykh AbdulBary Yahya is a beast masha'Allah. I don't think I've related more to any shaykh than him. By far, the most underrated Shaykh. He is a walking Gem.

May Allah increase us in Eman and join us in Jannatul Firdaws. Ameen.

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I agree with all of you.

I think I'm going to start a testimonial thread in the Chain of Command folder (if there isn't one already), inshaAllah. Feel free to join in....I did manage to start that thread^, but I guess it doesn't matter where you post, as long as you liked the class and benefitted, alhamdulillah.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=23324

I hope you're all prepared to be quoted!http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

NaZiHaH
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
What scares me is that the majority of muslims, including myself before these past two weekends, don't know the basics of the Hadeeth sciences. SubhanAllah. I was just listenting to the Mahdi set by Yasir Qadhi, and I already applied like 40 % of what I learned in this class. JazakAllah khair Shaykh, for shedding light on a something we thought we knew but really, we knew nothing.

Also, in college history classes I took that discussed Islam and Muslim societies, the Hadeeth collection is what is attacked as a primary source of where our deen comes from. At that time, I didn't know anything about its history. And because of this, I appeared weak and ignorant, and the saddest part was that I didn't even know who or where to go to at least clear my own doubts let alone defend my deen to others. So, like the sister earlier said, sometimes you hear things, but the words don't ring in your ears and sink in. But, when you really need the affirmation and resolve in your heart, the right knowledge and words can be the most beautiful and tranquil thing you need.

I don't know if any of that made sense, but I can't even express how much I needed this class, and alhamdulillah how much I attained from it.

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I totally agree that this aspect of Islamic knowledge is being overlooked more and more nowadays. It's just not being taught anywhere (at least in this part of the country...at least not that I know of). I actually excused myself from another class for 2 saturdays. (and the teachers got mad at me for some reason! how can they discourage me from seeking other 'ilm?! that's the way I see it, but that's waaay off topic)

It's sooo important for us to know at least the basics of hadeeth.

And I also think that the enemies of Islam are unable to attack any of our most basic beliefs, so they are and will continue to try to attack the sources of our deen; if nothing else, then just to put doubt in the minds of uninformed muslims. (the Quran is invincible, so that leaves hadeeth.)

So I think that's one more reason why we need to learn about hadeeth; for da'wa purposes.

I don't know if any of that made sense, but I can't even express how much I needed this class, and alhamdulillah how much I attained from it.
I think it made perfect sense; we all needed this class. It's just too bad more of us couldn't have attended and benefitted. May Allah make it easy for us to retain the knowledge and may He Accept our efforts! Ameen.

Huddi
11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
A M A Z I N G

A L H U M D U L I L L A H

Thanks to Sheikh AbdulBary and Jazaakallah Khair

AbdelRahmanMurphy
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Masha Allah, I really enjoyed the wisdom from all he was speaking about, class-related or not. It was definitely an awesome experience alhamdulilah.

General JibS
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
assalamualykum
yes sh. abdul bary was a "Beast", and inshaAllah he is coming back for seerah.
Gear up yourselves and grab a group of 10,

The dates of the seminar are February 15-17 & 22-24, 2008.

clear your schedules now, invite early!
may Allah(Swt) give you all the memory like abu hurairah(ra) and bukari(ra)
assalamualykum

arshada
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Best Gem.

"Is OK, you can sit like that."

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Best Gem.

"Is OK, you can sit like that."
http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon10.gif hehe. Yeah, that was funny. For those who haven't taken the class, see if you can solve the mystery:

While in Vietnam, Sh AbdulBary visited many people. Whenever he went to someone's house he would sit cross-legged/ 'indian style'. Every single house he went to, the people would say, "it's ok, it's ok, you can sit like that." It kept on happening everywhere he went, "it's ok, it's ok, you can sit like that." The confusing thing was, they were all sitting like that too!!

So was he doing something wrong or not?!

abd4evr
11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I actually excused myself from another class for 2 saturdays. (and the teachers got mad at me for some reason! how can they discourage me from seeking other 'ilm?! that's the way I see it, but that's waaay off topic).
Ibrahim, there's always more to something than meets the eye. You can't say that they are discouraging you from seeking other 'ilm.

Asalaamu alaikum

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
there's always more to something than meets the eye.
...we'll talk, inshaAllah.http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Ibrahim ibnImran
11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
But anyway, does anyone care to take a shot at this:

For those who haven't taken the class, see if you can solve the mystery:

While in Vietnam, Sh AbdulBary visited many people. Whenever he went to someone's house he would sit cross-legged/ 'indian style'. Every single house he went to, the people would say, "it's ok, it's ok, you can sit like that." It kept on happening everywhere he went, "it's ok, it's ok, you can sit like that." The confusing thing was, they were all sitting like that too!!

So was he doing something wrong or not?!

StrivingMuslimah
06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
But anyway, does anyone care to take a shot at this:They were imitating him?? No idea

Is anyone going to tell us the answer already?

Ibrahim ibnImran
06-10-2008, 12:50 AM
SubhanAllah, I totally forgot about this; I'm surprised someone actually looked at it recently.

What happened was...
It was very disrespectful for a guest to sit like that. Especially a younger guest. However the older, more respected people were allowed to sit that way. So when they saw Sh. AbdulBary sitting that way, out of respect for him they overlooked this huge act of disrespect and just allowed him to remain sitting like that.

Sh. AbdulBary was unaware of the custom; it wasn't until later when someone actually informed him about it, that the Shaykh realized he had been doing something wrong...and I think he became embarrased.

After writing this I just realized it was way funnier when he told it himself in class. MashaAllah, he's an awesome teacher! http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif