PDA

View Full Version : Beauty’s connections with Ibaadah—Figured!

Sirius1
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't know how this question would benefit our ibadah...but I'm still curious..Beauty is like money. If you are blessed with it, then you are supposed to be thankful for it; for surely thankfulness is an act of Ibaadah. If you are not blessed with it, then you should be patient, content and thankful for whatever you have for patience, contentment and thankfulness are acts of Ibaadah! Like with money, beauty cannot be used for wrong purposes like flaunting and bullying others (with it).

When we are AWARE that we are blessed (or not blessed) with beauty we can be more thankful (or patient and content) and thus increase our ibaadah! Awareness is key; and one of the ways a person becomes AWARE is through QUESTIONING! Generally, neither the questioner nor his/her inquiries must be labeled or muzzled!

Verily, all that is the most beautiful can be found in the Prophet (sa) for all of Muhammed sallalahu alayhe wa sallam was beautiful!

Not to forget Yusuf alayhes salaam!

Questions answered. Jazakallah khair.

End of Discussion.

Sirius1
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
If you are not blessed with it, then you should be patient, content... If you feel you are not blessed with enough beauty and its hard for you to be content with what you have, then you can always make DUA for being blessed with more; DUA is the GREATEST form of Ibaadah.

Siraaj
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Jazakallaah khayr for that observation!

So, to take this to a "meta" discussion sort of level, anything that one is blessed with is a means to reminding one of the blessings of Allah subhaana wa ta'aala upon them, and should cause them to be thankful rather than arrogant, be it wealth, beauty, status, strength, intellect, charisma, and so forth, correct?

And, it should be used in a manner that is good and appropriate rather than a manner that is wrong and sinful. Would that be about accurate?

Siraaj

Sirius1
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Jazakallaah khayr for that observation!Wa iyyakum.

So, to take this to a "meta" discussion sort of level, anything that one is blessed with is a means to reminding one of the blessings of Allah subhaana wa ta'aala upon them, and should cause them to be thankful rather than arrogant, be it wealth, beauty, status, strength, intellect, charisma, and so forth, correct? Correct.

And, it should be used in a manner that is good and appropriate rather than a manner that is wrong and sinful. Would that be about accurate?Yes.

omer_k88
11-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I wanted to reply in that closed thread, so I'll reply here.

-Fasting DOES lighten your complexion/make you have more nur on your face/ whatever you want to call it. I speak from experience :D

-There is nothing more beautiful to a brother, even a not-so religious brother,than a sincere practicing sister (hijab etc.) and when it's multiple sisters they all look even more beautiful...

So in summary it should be no surprise that the King of Kings SWT knows this already as he says...

"O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed clothing upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment for you. But the clothing of Taqwa,- that is the BEST. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!" (Quran 7:26)

Sirius1
11-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I also recall reading/hearing something (perhaps a hadith?) on the effect of a person's character on his/her physical beauty.

Does anyone know?