PDA

View Full Version : Hukm of Marriage Questions/Notes

Abdullah~
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
asalamu alaykum,

i have questions on the hukm of marriage section on page 12, and either my notes need correction or insha'allah those with notes or shaykh yasir can answer:

1. was there any mubah(permissible/allowed) ruling?

2. When is it makruh?: able to get married physically/financially, but feels strong possibility he will mistreat wife. question: for this ruling, my notes don't have anything on the factor of whether or not one feels they will commit haram - does the ruling change in either case, or is it not contingent upon that at all, but is based upon the issue of treatment of the wife?

3. When is it haram? not able to get married physicall/financially, or feels certain he will abuse his wife. question: is the "or" portion in my notes correct, meaning if either of these factors exist, either one on its own or both of them together, it is haram? and again, i don't have in my notes any mention of the factor of whether or not one feels they will commit haram, for that issue to play a role in this ruling.

jazak'allah khayr, hope that made sense. i have a test soon, so timely assistance is insha'allah blessed, ameen. :)

asalamu alaykum

Sr.Anam
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
asSalaam alaikum wa Rahmutallah,

I got this from my notes. I hope it helps, insha'allah. I pray that Allah makes the exam easy for everyone.

The ruling of Marriage

1. Fard: if a person feels certain that he will commit sin if they do not marry and they are financially capable of marriage, they MUST get married (even the eye can do zina~ you shouldn't watch or look at things either!);

2. W‚jib *obligatory*- if a person has the ability to marry and treat his wife properly and fears strong probablilty that he will engaged in unlawful acts if he doesn't this is wajib on him

3. Haram: if the person doesn't have the financial/physical means to marry and is certain he cannot treat his wife properly, then it becomes haram on him

4. Makruh: if aperson has the means to marry (financially/physically) but feels strongly he cannot treat his wife properly, then it is makruh (ex: a person who travels a lot, or someone who only comes home once in a while)

5. Mustahab: if a person has the means to marry, and has no fear of mistreating his wife or committing unlawful things, then it is mustahab, even if he doesn't marry he doesn't have the fear of committing haram (he has the religious belief and taqwa)

brother_bruce
02-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Here's a very helpful chart drawn up by Br Najeeb of QDurbah, and approved by Sh Yaser Birjas.

I think with Marriage and Inheritance, it can get quite confusing on what's *allowed*. There are a few other charts in this thread (http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=15503) in case anyone is interested.

To sum up the chart attached, there are 2 criteria for the brother to consider:

1) is he financially capable?
2) is he able to meet the rights/ obligations of a wife?

If both 1 and 2 are yes, then its Wajib* for him to get married.

If either 1 OR 2 are no, then its Makrooh.

If both 1 and 2 are no, then its Haraam.

* = if he feels save from zina, then wajib is at a recommended level. if he doesnt feel safe, then its of a mandatory nature.

and Allah [swt] knows best.