PDA

View Full Version : Question

Mohammed Mana
03-02-2008, 03:27 AM
bismillah
assalamu alaykum

May Allah bless you with goodness!

In chapter 2: belief in the jinn, i have in my notes that the first group to reject the idea of possession of human by jinn was the mu'tazilites. The rebbuttal to their claim included that the prophet performed excorcism on a boy.

I don't have the reference for that and it would be very beneficial.

can you please share with me the reference/ hadith/ story or where i would be able to find it?

Jazakum Allahu kheir al jazaa'

Abu Amatullah
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Here's some helpful information, Insha'Allah. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.

"Indeed Shaytaan flows in the son of Aadam like the blood." Reported by Bukhaaree, Muslim and others.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Imaam Ahmad said: I told my father that some people claim that the jinn do not enter the body of a human. He said, O my son, they are lying, for a jinn may speak with the tongue of a person who is lying on his sick-bed. (Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 19/12). He also said (may Allaah have mercy on him), in vol. 24 of his Fataawa (p. 276, 277):
“The existence of the jinn is proven by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and by the consensus of the salaf and scholars of this ummah. Similarly, the fact that the jinn can enter human bodies is also proven by the consensus of the imaams of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘Those who eat Ribawill not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity…’

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

Ibn' Abbas said, " A woman brought her son who was possessed. The Prophet (SAW) stroked his breast and the child vomited up something like a black puppy and was healed." - An- Nasa'i, at-Taayalisi and al-Bayhaqi

I don't know the authenticity of this hadith, but I think this is the one you are referring to.

Mohammed Mana
03-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Ibn' Abbas said, " A woman brought her son who was possessed. The Prophet (SAW) stroked his breast and the child vomited up something like a black puppy and was healed." - An- Nasa'i, at-Taayalisi and al-Bayhaqi
that is what i was looking for. Jazakum Allahu kheir!

ill check up on the authenticity of that. Has anyone heard of any other incidents during the time of the prophet Sal Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam?

this should have been covered in the first weekend of the class?!
Wallahu a3lam!