PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Obligations

Muslimah786
04-22-2008, 01:09 AM
JazakAllah Khair for sharing the article with us. I am not sure if my question has already been covered before. If a husband tells his wife not to work, is she obligated to obey him? What if she wants to work so that she can financially help out other people or any noble cause. Your response is much appreciated.

BlessedMuslimah
04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
If a husband tells his wife not to work, is she obligated to obey him? What if she wants to work so that she can financially help out other people or any noble cause. Your response is much appreciated.Alhamdulillah, the answer Ahlam gave addressed your question, barakAllahu feeha. I wanted to add that although the wife might feel like she has no expenses to spend on others or for a noble cause, she must know that the most noble of all causes is obeying and pleasing her husband and giving him rights that are due to him.

There was an Ansari woman who came complaining to the Prophet sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam that the women stay home, take care of their children, while the men fight and spend in charity.They have a large reward for this - what is our reward? The Prophet sallaAllahu 'alayhi wasallam responded that a woman who takes care of her children and home has the same reward as men in Jihad.

Lastly, if a husband gives his wife some money to spend whichever way she pleases, she can make her own decision whether or not to spend what he gives her in charity (as long as there is an understanding that the money is not for a specific thing). Wa Allahu 'alam.