View Full Version : Why Women Cry

Hala
05-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Why women cry

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?"

"Because I need to" she said.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," his dad answered carelessly.

The little boy, still wondering why women cry, finally asked the old wise shaikh (scholar). "He surely knows the answer", he thought. "Ya Shaikh! Why do women cry so easily?"

The Shaikh answered: "When Allah made the woman she had to be made so special. He made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. He gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that comes from her children. He gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining. He gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child hurts her very badly. He gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. He gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly. And lastly, He gave her a tear. This is hers and only hers exclusively to use whenever she needs it. She needs no reason, no explanation, its hers."

"You see my son, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

The little boy got the answer and never asked the question again.

mahmoudm
05-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Beautiful, I read it before in Arabic and subhana Allah I want to try to memorize it. I just went to my mom and asked her if I ever made her cry because of me and alhamdo liAllah she said no!! Alhamdo liAllah
Jazaki Allah khair for the post Sr. Hala

Sajed
05-18-2008, 01:16 AM
ah that was pretty cool

MashAllah

UmA
05-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Why women cry

.....He gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that comes from her children. ...
Wow that's a deep observation. Can you imagine a mother who receives nothing but unconditional love from an infant, even a toddler and then to feel moments of rejection and worthlessness by her growing child.

And what about the fathers too? Think about Ya'qub alayhis salam and how his sons rejected him by rejecting his beloved Yusuf. See how he cried.

Reminds me of a quote from Mark Twain that I once read in al Jumuah magazine:

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Amaratus Saliha
05-18-2008, 09:30 AM
MashAllah such a beautiful post!

Sakeenah
05-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I've read this before, but it was worth the read again! The answer the little boy is given is very beautiful and its very true! Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed women with these exquisite characteristics!

mahmoudm
05-18-2008, 03:20 PM
If you have the Araby version, can you please post it?Once I find it agian I will post it insha'Allah, I recieved it as an email.

Sarah Mushtaq
05-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Now that is wise Shaykh, mashaAllah.
JAK for sharing!

sireen
05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
سأل طفل صغير أمه ..!!.. لماذا تبكين ؟…؟

قالت له: لأني امرأه

أجاب الطفل : لم أفهم

عانقته أمه وقالت لن تفهم أبدا

لاحقا: سأل الطفل الصغير والده لماذا تبكي الأم بدون سبب….؟

لم يستطع والده القول إلا أن كل النساء يبكين بدون سبب

لم يجد الطفل الإجابة على سؤاله وليس هناك من يسأله سوى جده

سأل الطفل الصغير جده لماذا تبكي النساء بسهوله..؟؟؟؟

قال الجد: عندما خلق الله المرأة جعل لها ما يميزها …!!

- جعل لها القوة الكافية لتتحمل أعباء الحياة والطيبة الكافية التي تبعث على الراحة

- وأعطاها الله القوة الداخلية لتحمل الولادة والرفض الذي غالبا ما يأتي من أبنائها

- وأعطاها الله الصلابة التي تسمح لها بأن تستمر في الوقت الذي يستسلم فيه الجميع وان تهتم بعائلتها أثناء المرض والإعياء بدون أن تشتكي

- وأعطاها الإحساس القوي الذي يدفعها لمحبة أولادها في كل الظروف حتى عندما تعامل بقسوة من قبلهم

- وأعطاها الله القوة لتتحمل أعباء زوجها فخلقها من ضلعه لتحمي قلبه

- وأعطاها الله الحكمة لتعلم بأن الزوج الجيد لا يؤذي زوجته ولكنه أحيانا يختبر قوتها وعزيمتها لتقف إلى جانبه بثبات

- وأخيرا أعطاها الله قدرتها على البكاء استثناها بذلك حتى تبكي عندما تحتاج إلى ذلك هل رأيت يا بني الجمال في المرأة ليس بملابسها أو شخصيتها التي تمتلكها, أو تصفيفه شعرها

جمال المرأة في عينيها لأنهما المفتاح الذي يوصلك لقلبها .... المكان الذي يستقر فيه الحب

(In this version though the son asks the question to his grandfather instead of a sheikh)...

Safyah
05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Asalaamu alaikum Hala!
Jazaki allahi kheyran, I share this wonderful info with my mother

Hala
05-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Asalaamu alaikum Hala!
Jazaki allahi kheyran, I share this wonderful info with my mother

wa 'alaykumassalam Safyah! wa iyaakee! How've you been? I pray everything is well with you and your family.

TawhidFirst
05-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow... that made me cry and i am a guy! I would just like to say though it is natural for women to cry for what seems to be cheesy or whatever... when it comes to crying out of fear of Allah, men and women are encouraged equally on this regard...

The book "Weeping from the Fear of Allah" is one I really wanna read. It talks about why and when the Prophet (Sallah Allahu 'Alih wa salam) and the Sahabah cried. We also know that sometimes the sahabah wouldn't be able to hear Abu Bakr's (raida Allahu 'anhu) recitation in prayer because he would be crying so much... even one of the strongest of men, 'Umar ibn Al Khatabh used to cry in his prayer...

On a side note: The main reason I cried while reading this post is out of fear for my mother, in case someone knows my identity I won't talk much about it, but all I can say is please make Du'a for my family and me...

Jazak Allah Kheir... Your brother in Islam

Bint Abdul-Qadir
05-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Salamu Alaikm jazakallah khair Sis Hala for posting this....its really touching. I think when it comes to mothers ... we sometimes we forget all the struggles they went trough for our sake, and take them for granted.
Personally I’ve witness my mother cry only 2 or 3 times as far as I can remember...like many mothers she would never cry in front of us, for fear that it would worry us. Subhanallah even thought she’s hurting, she would never deliberately want to put us in a situation where we would hurt.

And lastly, He gave her a tear. This is hers and only hers exclusively to use whenever she needs it. She needs no reason, no explanation, its hers."

I find this sooo beautiful

Nadeem R
05-20-2008, 10:22 AM
JazakAllah Khayr for that amazing post. I found myself saying SubhanAllah after almost every line. That needs to be printed and kept handy.

Asha
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
This reminds me of something Sheikh Saed said..... :D
'I wish I could cry like a sister'.
lawl.
Aww thats nice... what were you guys discussing when he mentioned this?

sireen
05-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I remember that...he said how a sister will cry right away when she is trying to have khushoo3 whereas a brother may try really hard and only get one tear in the end...

heavens_scent
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Amazing post! It was great to read it again Jazakillahu khayran Hala :)

Honestly, I don't know how we'd survive if we were deprived from crying. It's a relief for the soul subhanAllah. Being able to cry is a Ni3mah from Allah swt itself.

One of my professors used to say "If you see someone crying don't tell them to stop crying rather tell them to cry and to let it out"

Rabiah - la Voyageure ©
05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
There’s a great book available online to read called al-Bukaa’u min Khashyatillaah - Weeping from the Fear of Allaah

Great source for this topic as it only refers from Kitaab wa sunnah.

alghareeb
05-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Leelahe Fee Khalqihee 3ebar

In the creation of Allah, there are lessons

puffsugarpastry
05-27-2008, 03:39 AM
I'll say..... iono if I'm correct in saying this... but you guys don't know how lucky you are.... I haven't cried in more years than I can remember, yet there's such a huge blessing therein.... I really wish I could cry like a sister. (lawl?)I have found that the more sacrifices a person makes for the sake of Allah swt, the more a person is in touch with their heart/soul, and able to cry. --Sacrifices for other people such as family/friends, sacrifices that involve the ego and pride, sacrificing desires. Sacrificing TIME for the sake of Allah swt (Reading Quran daily, memorizing, reading books, hadith, doing things [halal] for people even when you totally dont want to due to laziness, etc)

Not just once in awhile, but consistantly. Remaining steadfast in making those sacrifices. Reminaing vigilant in keeping the intention behind the sacrifices only for the pleasure of Allah swt.

Sometimes it is hard, but when we are not crying at least out of fear of Allah, it means we have to work on making those tears sincerely flow. Work on our humbleness. I speak to myself first and foremost.

As we know, one of the people in the shade of Allah on the Day of Judgment will be: " a person who remembers Allah (God) in seclusion and his eyes are then flooded with tears."

Omar Khan
05-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Assalaamu'Alykum,
That was a beautiful story.
It's funny how men like to pretend that crying is so unmanly and uncool...but it is a mercy to be able to cry when remembering Allah (SWT).
I remember someone had a beautiful quote, it was something about the quran like:
"the mountains crumble but the heart doesn't cry ."

I also remember I local speaker once said, that the prophet (SAW)'s beird was so soft, not like ours. It was soft from the tears for the ummah (wallahu 'Alam the source of this). But either way, it's unfortunate that so many of us cannot cry in front of our Lord, we cry for other things but for Allah (SWT) our hearts may be closed. I once learned that if we can't cry in front of Allah that we should make du'aa for Allah (SWT) to open our hearts to be able to cry out of fear/love etc. of Allah.

Wa Alykum Assalaam

bint afzal
05-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Assalaamu'Alykum,
That was a beautiful story.
It's funny how men like to pretend that crying is so unmanly and uncool...but it is a mercy to be able to cry when remembering Allah (SWT).
I remember someone had a beautiful quote, it was something about the quran like:
"the mountains crumble but the heart doesn't cry ."

I also remember I local speaker once said, that the prophet (SAW)'s beird was so soft, not like ours. It was soft from the tears for the ummah (wallahu 'Alam the source of this). But either way, it's unfortunate that so many of us cannot cry in front of our Lord, we cry for other things but for Allah (SWT) our hearts may be closed. I once learned that if we can't cry in front of Allah that we should make du'aa for Allah (SWT) to open our hearts to be able to cry out of fear/love etc. of Allah.

Wa Alykum Assalaam i agree! i mean i've seen men actually cry before in dramatic situtations and its actually good for us! crying out of the fear of Allah infact places a peace for us to maintain taqwa that doesn't overlap the hope. and what about crying tears of happiness?