Here are some tips for the task inshaa'Allaah

be focused;
be logical;
be well-structured;
concise in tone of words used;
grabs the reader's interests from the beginning paragraphs;
provide evidences for any opinions;
give credit to sources.

Any other tips from aspiring writers out there please post them here for others to benefit from bi'idhnillaah

BaraakAllaahu feekum

talibul ilm
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamdulillah just come home now after the 1st weekend of the seerah course, masha Allah excellent so far!!!

It would be really helpful if anyone can help me regarding the topic 'Economoc structure' and how they (at the Prophet صل الله عليه و سلم time made money etc).

Jazakh Allah khairan

Abu Shuraim
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Salam,

i have the similiar topic, i was thinking of writing about when the Khalifa used to work in the markets. e.g when Abu Bakr became Khalifa and the sahaba seen him making his way to the market, they stopped him and questioned him about his purpose in the market place. He told them he wants to provide for his family. They told him that you are the ameer of the muslims, you can't work. So they allocated a sum of money from the bait-ul -maal for him to live on.

I might tackle it from the angle of the Bait-ul-Maal and it's purpose. am Still reseraching it insha'allah, will keep you posted.

Abd As Samad
11-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Bismillaah

Just come home now alhumdu lillaah from the drive down from Bradford, maashaa'Allaah the treatment that we all had (the students of The Shepard's Path) was exemplary

I look forward, eagerly to the next weekend with hasty anticipation

P.s. the food was great maashaa'Allaah