PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay AlMaghrib for a Matrimonial service?

Dawud Israel
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Self explanatory...just gathering some information here...

Nothing to get excited about here, folks.

Oh yeah and it's anonymous so no one will know! :)

usman boota
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Mashallah its all Good

May Allah Grant Us rightious spouses
pleaseing to the eye,

and loving to the heart

Dawud Israel
11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
"Marry someone you enjoy talking to. As time goes on their conversational skills will be as important as any other (keep your marriage together)"

So no more voting? COMEON GUYS!!!

Keep voting guys and for those who said they would help market for this, I suggest you send a email to AlMaghrib HQ pushing for something like this.

Nadeem R
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
...when will this cease..

brother_bruce
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
...thats easy for you to say...

ummiefatima
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
An al-maghrib matrimonial service?...hmmmm....maybe not. These things usually result in a ratio of 2 men to 1000 women....or maybe thats just in Shams land. lol.
.....as far as Al Maghrib is concerned lets just stick to the fiqh of Love :)

Naima Abdulkadir
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
These things usually result in a ratio of 2 men to 1000 women....or maybe thats just in Shams land. lol.

Hahaha :)

I had no idea... Really London 2 men to 1000 women, I thought London had more men that were practicing the religion than women.

Naggina Asaf
11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I reckon its a good idea like 4 real!!!! because its sooooooooooo hard to find practicing bros these days in the UK that are not shy and know the Islamic etiquette's required to approach sister's!!!!

Sister Maryam
11-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes, Yes and Yes! It would be a great idea.

It's very difficult to find a "good, practising brother".

I'm ready for marriage and inshaALLAH, I hope that AlMaghrib does run a Matrimonial Service , well you know where I will be ;-)

IDris@WORK
11-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Uggghhhh... this topic is getting old...

Dawud Israel
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey! Don't get angry at me, I'm just trying to help out my bros and sisters.

In case ya'll don't know, if people want to find good religious brothers for their daughters they ALWAYS go to the dominant religious force in their life. It's only logical. If the best criteria in a spouse is their piety, you would start your search at AlMaghrib?

Desis do it with the TJs (especially since they jump between communities, not unlike AlMaghrib) and I reckon it's about time AlMaghrib flexes it's muscle and take it to the next level.

But is the demand there? Hmmm...I imagine even something small and modest would suffice for AlMaghribies in sha Allah.

Hala
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I doubt AlMaghrib would ever take part in some type of matrimonial project as an institute.

kako12
11-14-2008, 08:17 AM
If the best criteria in a spouse is their piety, you would start your search at AlMaghrib? No i would not. By attending a conference/seminar one does not become pious. There is alot more to piety than seeking knowledge.

Ilahi
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Very true kako12, there's no comparison btw a student of knowledge who is practicing out of piety and just a student of knowledge. What about all the millions of muslims who do not attend Almaghrib? Are we really putting them out of the practicing circle? Do we really think that just b/c we are attending Almaghrib we are the best? Besides who are we to judge who's practicing and who's not. Brothers and sisters let's be more realistic and remember that the world is not as small as it seems to be. No doubt there is a huge crisis, and many desperate and heartbroken singles, but that is where our communities (not necessarily Almaghrib) have to be cooperative and help the singles out there.

Naima Abdulkadir
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I doubt AlMaghrib would ever take part in some type of matrimonial project as an institute.
I agree with sister Hala, I don't think almaghrib should get involved with anything other than giving knowledge.

There are plenty of matrimonian websites people can join for this reason. I am not sure why this topic keeps coming back.

Dawud Israel
11-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, that really depends...do you want to marry someone with the same understanding of Islam...or some other type? That's a topic for another thread in sha Allah.

I mentioned this to others, that it's great there are two classes on this topic and for that I applaud Sh. Yaser B and the rest of the faculty.

But my whole thing is this:

You can teach a person how to swim the ocean in a classroom, describe it in as much details as possible, teach 2 whole courses on it- but unless you actually take them into the waters- what can you accomplish?

I'm not trying to be rude, but just being as realistic as possible. If AlMaghrib doesn't want to then that's fine, but I would remind them:

Lan tanalu al-birra hat-ta tunfiqu mim-ma tuhibun
By no means shall you attain piety until you spend in Allah's cause that which you love. (3:92)

And like I said, I think there is this notion that this would be an absolutely massive operation requiring a great amount of difficulty when something modest and simple would suffice. :)

ummiefatima
11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Hahaha :)

I had no idea... Really London 2 men to 1000 women, I thought London had more men that were practicing the religion than women.lol. yeah we do have a lot of good brothers alhamdulilah...but we have sooooooo many great sisters. my comment was a bit general, so here goes.

1. We have a lot of brothers marrying quite young Alhamdulilah (like 27 years and under)

2. We have a huge bank of sisters who are 28+ in age and still looking for that special someone

3. A lot of the times we have very good brothers, who come from not so very islamic families, which results in living with the in-laws etc.

4. 98% of the time sisters restrict themselves to searcing for a spouse in a 10mile radius...sisters dont want to move from their families and friends etc.

....there are loads more, so my question is, if this matrimonial service were to be created, how could we as individual tackle the above?

brother_bruce
11-20-2008, 02:04 PM
lol. yeah we do have a lot of good brothers alhamdulilah...but we have sooooooo many great sisters. my comment was a bit general, so here goes.

1. We have a lot of brothers marrying quite young Alhamdulilah (like 27 years and under)

2. We have a huge bank of sisters who are 28+ in age and still looking for that special someone

3. A lot of the times we have very good brothers, who come from not so very islamic families, which results in living with the in-laws etc.

4. 98% of the time sisters restrict themselves to searcing for a spouse in a 10mile radius...sisters dont want to move from their families and friends etc.

....there are loads more, so my question is, if this matrimonial service were to be created, how could we as individual tackle the above?I'm sorry Sr ummiefatima, but most of the points you mention illustrate that the sisters in your region have a mentality that hinders them from getting married.

More than a matrimonial service, your community would probably benefit from a DiscoverU type workshop...

JayshAllah
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
lol. yeah we do have a lot of good brothers alhamdulilah...but we have sooooooo many great sisters. my comment was a bit general, so here goes.

....there are loads more, so my question is, if this matrimonial service were to be created, how could we as individual tackle the above?Sister, I gotta agree with Brother_Bruce on this one.

Number 3 is a huge sticking point for me: call me an old fashioned fob, but I think it shows immense character to be willing to live with in-laws, and it would be a huge sticking point for me if she created a lot of problems in this regard. We don't live 1000 years ago when a man could afford two houses, and we certainly cannot abandon our parents who raised us.

Of course, if the in-laws are crazy psychos, then that's a different story.

I just think that the default should be living with a guy's in-laws, unless they are crazy psychos.

Sistamatic
11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Sh. Yaser Birjas and the marriagerevolution will be addressing many of the concerns of young people/parents and If I'm not mistaken, a matrimonial service is a big possibility from them..

I just think that the default should be living with a guy's in-laws, unless they are crazy psychos.Its not part of some cultures/customs (like mine) for couples to move in with In-laws. Most of our parents expect us to move into our own home. This is how it's always been and does not at all mean we abandon them. Arrangements for thier care are always made ( even if that means they have to move in). Most families will live in the same city/region.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Basil
11-25-2008, 11:08 PM
No. You already see enough spouse-seekers coming to these events (and Islamic events in general). Please, keep this about the ilm and the ilm alone.

JayshAllah
11-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Sh. Yaser Birjas and the marriagerevolution will be addressing many of the concerns of young people/parents and If I'm not mistaken, a matrimonial service is a big possibility from them..

Its not part of some cultures/customs (like mine) for couples to move in with In-laws. Most of our parents expect us to move into our own home. This is how it's always been and does not at all mean we abandon them. Arrangements for thier care are always made ( even if that means they have to move in). Most families will live in the same city/region.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.Yeah, I guess it would differ from culture to culture.

ummiefatima
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Assalamualaikum!
u hv hijacked my wrds bro/sis!i would rather add som mor 'plz'.so,i would lik 2 say,plz,plz,plz keep this only abut the ilm.if u wnt som1 4m bros/sis thn u cn let ur ameer/ameeras knw abut ur crieterias but plz(plz,plz & plz) dn't tak any furthr step regrding this issue.othrwse,it'll b all abut mrriags nt 'ilm' & i dn't think bro md strtd Almghrib wth ths goal but 4m the urge 2 spread the knwldge.I understand your concern sis, but do you not think that it is possible to do both: Spread the knowledge and help our brothers and sisters who sincerely want to fullfil half of their deen?

ummiefatima
12-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Sister, I gotta agree with Brother_Bruce on this one.

Number 3 is a huge sticking point for me: call me an old fashioned fob, but I think it shows immense character to be willing to live with in-laws, and it would be a huge sticking point for me if she created a lot of problems in this regard. We don't live 1000 years ago when a man could afford two houses, and we certainly cannot abandon our parents who raised us.

Of course, if the in-laws are crazy psychos, then that's a different story.

I just think that the default should be living with a guy's in-laws, unless they are crazy psychos.yep I too agree with brother bruce..we do need DiscoverU its a shame a lot of people are soo sceptical about life coaching :(
It may be quite interesting to note bro/sis JayshAllah that in the Sri Lankan community (based on my experience here in London) the default is for the groom to live with his in laws...cultures vary quite a bit with regards to living with the in-laws...would the brothers on this forum think it slightly strange to live with their in-laws?

Basil
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I understand your concern sis, but do you not think that it is possible to do both: Spread the knowledge and help our brothers and sisters who sincerely want to fullfil half of their deen?If you are so concerned, why do you not help them in your spare time outside of AlMaghrib lectures? SubhanAllah, we both know what will happen if such a service is added to AlMaghrib and included at lectures.

extempers
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
I agree.

I've seen the lines for ISNA matrimony dinners...I really don't want to see that in AlMaghrib.

And to be honest, it doesn't seem like people are having problems getting married in AlMaghrib.
Everytime I turn around someone is getting married in Chicago :P

asker
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
What kind of service will almagrhib provide? can u be more clear?
i dont even know what a matrimonial services are. is it those websites where u look for a female from 18-80 years old and when u see them thay are all make up and plucked eyebrows and divorced 3 times yet they are only 18?

kako12
12-12-2008, 06:19 PM
What kind of service will almagrhib provide? can u be more clear?
Almaghrib is not providing a marriage service. However one of the instructor Shaykh Yaser Birjas has started an initiative to help singles get married through proper halal islamic way. Seach Marriage Revolution in google.