PDA

View Full Version : would you....

mutawakilah*3la allah
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Brothers would you marry a sister who does her eyebrows?
It would be interesting to see what the brothers think of this issue....

kako12
11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
It all comes down to "Would you marry you". If you think its ok to do eyebrows than you will end up with someone who also commits some haram (i.e trim beard etc). Dont expect him to be very practicing either. Pure women are for pure men and vice versa.

aaa
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Everybody sins, and doing your eyebrows is also a sin as well. I don't think you shouldn't marry someone just because of that, that sounds a little harsh. I wouldnt mind marrying a sister who does her eyebrows but once married, I would kindly and with evidence try to convice her to stop it.
you're a 100% correct everyone does indeed sin and no one is perefect..but from personal experience good luck trying to convince a sister that's been doing her eyebrows for god knows how long. Most all sisters that i've talked to that do there eyebrows have a really difficult time stopping..I've also seen sisters that did there eyebrows in highschool due to peer pressure and now regert it and cant stop doing there eyebrows.
I ask Allah swt to make it easy on all the sisters that would like to stop doing there eyebrows..and forgive them..ameen
Inshallah I didn't offend anyone

Naima Abdulkadir
11-28-2008, 06:33 PM
you're a 100% correct everyone does indeed sin and no one is perefect..but from personal experience good luck trying to convince a sister that's been doing her eyebrows for god knows how long. Wallahu a'lam. Our deen is one of optimism, so I think it would be best to make du'a to Allah that He guide us to righteousness and piety. (rather than the 'good luck!' approach :) )

Everybody sins, and doing your eyebrows is also a sin as well. I don't think you shouldn't marry someone just because of that, that sounds a little harsh. I wouldnt mind marrying a sister who does her eyebrows but once married, I would kindly and with evidence try to convice her to stop it. Mashaa Allah, well said.

I ask Allah swt to make it easy on all the sisters that would like to stop doing there eyebrows..and forgive them..ameen
Inshallah I didn't offend anyone Ameen. Jazaakiallah khayr sis.

Mariam 3:36
11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not entirely sure about the intention behind this thread, but I question whether many brothers are actually aware of Islam's position on eyebrow shaping--and I say that because, as a sister, I imagine there are a lot of mens issues that I've never taken the time to look into. If the underlying intention behind this thread is an issue related to finding a spouse however, and it is an issue of interest to sisters, then ultimately this leads us to what has been said before: please Allah and beithnil-Lah you will find a perfect spouse in jennah (and inshaAllah you will be blessed with a righteous spouse in this life as well). I ask Allah to grant us the patience and strength to cling to what pleases Him. Ameen.

Resisting the temptation to shape eyebrows is really difficult, but when you look into the issue and consider what you are losing by shaping your eyebrows it makes the decision much more clear, waAllahul musta'aan.

Ameen

zuhair.shaath
11-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I think the eyebrow issue is just something that a sister or a brother needs to get over, it's kind of like a brother always trimming his beard, at one point you just need to leave it inshallah.From what I know:
Plucking Eyebrow's = major sin
Trimming Beard = Difference of opinion with evidences.

I don't think the two are the same, unless you meant completely shaving the beard. There have been some recent posts on Muslim Maters with Sh. Yasir Qadhi speaking on this specific issue of beards, very good read.

To answer the question though, I don't think I'd make a decision just because I see she plucks her eyebrows. There are a lot of sisters who don't know the ruling for it, but once she's informed and continues to do it then I think I'd have a problem.

Allahu a'lam.