PDA

View Full Version : Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because....

iss ME! zahweee!
12-17-2008, 11:19 PM
as-salaamu 'alaykum...

i looked and looked on the forums but was surprised to find that i could not find a thread on this amazing topic.... and even if it were mentioned here or there in threads which mention what we should be grateful for, what's the harm in an excellent reminder?

i realize that in torch bearers we had to do something in regards to our fathers [i'm not giving details in case you haven't taken the course!] but that gave me the idea for this thread..

so here goes..

bismillah!
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because..... if not for anything else, SHE'S STILL MY MOM.. and that in itself is a true gift!

iss ME! zahweee!
12-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because... i am who i am today because of her..

[i have a feeling now that this thread is going to be the type that makes us get teary-eyed]

Naima Abdulkadir
12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... She was there for me while I was sick. She stayed in the hospital with me for 6 straight months. She always had faith in Allah and never stopped making dua.

sireen
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Because...if it was not for Allah first and foremost, and then for her...I would not be the person I am...

If I was to write paragraph after paragraph about her, nothing would suffice what she means...

iss ME! zahweee!
12-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... She was there for me while I was sick. She stayed in the hospital with me for 6 straight months. She always had faith in Allah and never stopped making dua.
subhanAllah naima.. that was heart-wrenching to read.. alhamdulillah that you became healthy and masha-Allah at your mother for her trust in Allah.. may Allah bless her! aameen

Yadi Aya
12-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because....She has been through many great fitnahs and she still holds on to islam with strength and great patience. She raised, taught and still gave me knowledge even with all the fitnahs and difficulties in her life.

Amatullah
12-18-2008, 05:53 AM
because she makes duaa for us (even if she is upset) knowing that her duaa will be answered. I swear by Allah, my siblings and I are given blessings from Him because of the duaa of our parents.

Rabb-irhamhuma kamaa rabbayaani sagheera.

Amatullah
12-18-2008, 06:00 AM
because she will sit through an almaghrib class, even though she is tired for the sake of Allah and gaining knowledge. She brings tea and cake for the shuyookh, and she brings tea for the sisters. This past class she wasn't able to come because she was watching my niece and nephew, my sister wanted to take the class so she stayed to let her take it....SubhanAllah, I lost count of how many times I was asked where my mom was...Even the brothers were asking my brother. It's amazing how many people knew her, since she has only taken two classes so far.

I say everytime you post something, make a special duaa for your parents secretly.

Rabbir hamhuma kamaa rabbanyani sagheera.

Amatullah
12-18-2008, 06:05 AM
because while we were younger, even though we didn't like to read ayatul kursi every night or having to pray all the time (you know how kids are!) or going to weekend school, she was adamant about us learning the deen and I truly believe that if it wasn't for her teaching us at a young age, my siblings and I would not have a love for Allah and His deen like we do. wa lillahil hamd.

Rabbir hamhuma kama rabbayaani sagheera.

(jazaaki Allahu khayran Zahra...subhanAllah)

iss ME! zahweee!
12-18-2008, 07:01 AM
waiyyakum sis :)

subhanAllah these are awesome guys.. keep them coming!

Naima Abdulkadir
12-18-2008, 07:16 AM
She makes sure her kids eat before she does.

AkheeAB
12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
AMEEN....very rewarding thread and may Allaah reward you all, especially to all of our believing mothers.

ALAAHU AKBR

Imtiaz
12-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Ya Allah - thank you for my mother because she is the mother you chose for me.

Sally Mahmoud
12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
she is a beautiful person, and she taught me to have faith, and be patient, and never forget to have fun :)

Rabbir hamhuma kamaa rabbanyani sagheera

HalaTayybah
12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
....because she's put up with me for so long!! And she had 4 other kids to take care of as well, mashallah.

....because she always runs out and throws me an extra scarf if she doesn't think I'm dressed warmly enough.

....because she loves having people stay over so when we have guests that stay for a while (seminar sleepovers, etc.) she doesn't mind.

....because she's a walking google maps (trains, planes, subways, restaurants, etc.)

....because she always knows the best deals in town.

....because she's crazy gangsta at the most random times.

....because she'll kill me for saying the last part.

....because I see what I could have been had she not forced us to go to Sunday School and the thousands of Arabic and Quran classes she enrolled us for without our knowing. We all thought it was annoying then but now I wish I went a long time before.

May Allah swt bless all of our parents.
It's the scariest job in the world and I think they all did pretty well, alhamdulillah.

Naima Abdulkadir
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
....because she's put up with me for so long!! And she had 4 other kids to take care of as well, mashallah.

....because she always runs out and throws me an extra scarf if she doesn't think I'm dressed warmly enough.

....because she loves having people stay over so when we have guests that stay for a while (seminar sleepovers, etc.) she doesn't mind.

....because she's a walking google maps (trains, planes, subways, restaurants, etc.)

....because she always knows the best deals in town.

....because I see what I could have been had she not forced us to go to Sunday School and the thousands of Arabic and Quran classes she enrolled us for without our knowing. We all thought it was annoying then but now I wish I went a long time before.

May Allah swt bless all of our parents.
It's the scariest job in the world and I think they all did pretty well, alhamdulillah.
MashaAllah, they are really wonderful. We should always be thankfull to Allah for giving us amazing moms.

Hala your mom reminds me of my mother :)

And they're really strong.

iss ME! zahweee!
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM

i must admit i'm VERY curious..!

ditto @ the "putting up with me" comment.. i was definitely the most difficult of all her 6.. so i totally mean it when i say, may Allah bless her for her patience with me

moms in general are SOOOO patient.. it's unbelievable...
may Allah make us like all the good qualities in our moms

Amatullah
12-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Well then, I thought my brothers were the only ones who called their mom gangsta.

I remember when shaykh AbdulBary was telling us the story of his father's death rahimahullah and how he was telling his father to say the shahadah and that was the last thing he said before he died...subhanAllah, we should be making duaa that our parents die with la ilaaha il Allah upon their tongues and also that we are there with them repeating it in their ears and encouraging them to say it. May Allah ta'ala make us firm upon this statement in this life so that we pronounce it easily at our time of death, Ameen.

Amatullah
12-18-2008, 12:48 PM
..because she'll make iftaar for me if I'm fasting...even if I insist that I can do it.

..because she loves the AlMaghrib teachers : )

Sally Mahmoud
12-18-2008, 03:06 PM
she has the nicest female recitation voice of anyone i know masha'Allah! and when i was a kid i would just sit by her and listen to her qira'ah..

May Allah reward her in this life and the next!!!

dua_our_weapon
12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Ya Allah bless my mum, because she taught me how to pray, she taught me my first surahs, she taught me the stories of the prophet's, and most importantly she taught me to love you Ya Allah...

Ya Allah bless my mum, because she's always there for me, whenever I upset her she forgives me and never mentions it ever again.

Ya Allah bless my mother because she cares for me more than I care for myself, and she does dua for me more than I do for myself.

Ya Allah bless my mother because she payed for me to go to my first Al-Maghrib course, a course after which I loved the Prophet (s) more than anything...

Ya Allah bless my mother with Jannah.....

nybrother
12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Ya Allah bless my mother because she cares for me more than I care for myself, and she does dua for me more than I do for myself.

Ya Allah bless my mother with Jannah..... Ameen.

Wonderful thread.

Ammar AlShukry
12-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I had been intending on starting a thread like this for days...

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=346907#post346907

check out the video, then go hug your mom...

iss ME! zahweee!
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
-she's the epitome of patience.. and i'm reminded every day of how she cared for my father for many years through his illness and remained patient after his death
-she puts others before herself
-even when i got older, if i ever fell ill and was resting, i'd wake in my drowsiness to find her standing beside me with medicine in one hand and a glass of water in the other
-she's an amazing da'eeya and loves teaching other women about Islam in the masjid
-she is so adorable how she and other aunties have a "sisters halaqa" after fajr every morning in which they all read from the Qur'an and discuss
-she never runs out of ideas for dinner (huge issue with me, and my guess is it's the same with most newly married sisters)
-her hugs make any bad day feel great
-it's sooooooo cute how she'd get me and my siblings a bar of chocolate on our birthday (we don't celebrate, but she still likes to make us feel special)

man i love my mom.... alhamdulillah for moms!

Naima Abdulkadir
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
-it's sooooooo cute how she'd get me and my siblings a bar of chocolate on our birthday (we don't celebrate, but she still likes to make us feel special)

LOL. You crack me up man. I keep telling your sister how much you're on the forums :). MashaAllah, mom are indeed a gift from Allah. We thank HIM for bringing them to our lives.

Kaltham
12-19-2008, 11:44 AM
-she is so adorable how she and other aunties have a "sisters halaqa" after fajr every morning in which they all read from the Qur'an and discuss
My mom does this too.. i get so excited to see her learn how to read with proper tajweed... My mom was always the business lady, she always worked and took care of family matters, she's so into politics... She prays a lot masha Allah, but i never saw her listening to lectures or randomly chilling at the masjid... Nowadays I see her reading Quran with a gang of her friends... she takes Arba'een annawawi class and tawheed class... all the phone... her and her friends used to do the three way calling thing and she introduced the idea of teleconf to them... she was so proud of herself... My mom is like 66 years old, so u can imagine why this stuff is big deal to me at least! She tells me the stuff she learnt and she's so excited about it, just like a little kid gets happy when they learn something new... My mom is so sweet walaahi... I wish i had a little bit of her amazing strength and patience... may Allah give her a long and healthy life full of Ebada... to all of our mothers yaa Rabb.. Most importantly, may Allah make us of those that realize the importance of Birr alwalidayn...

Fi Amaani'Laah

Naima Abdulkadir
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
My mom does this too.. i get so excited to see her learn how to read with proper tajweed... My mom was always the business lady, she always worked and took care of family matters, she's so into politics... She prays a lot masha Allah, but i never saw her listening to lectures or randomly chilling at the masjid... Nowadays I see her reading Quran with a gang of her friends... she takes Arba'een annawawi class and tawheed class... all the phone... her and her friends used to do the three way calling thing and she introduced the idea of teleconf to them... she was so proud of herself... My mom is like 66 years old, so u can imagine why this stuff is big deal to me at least! She tells me the stuff she learnt and she's so excited about it, just like a little kid gets happy when they learn something new... My mom is so sweet walaahi... I wish i had a little bit of her amazing strength and patience... may Allah give her a long and healthy life full of Ebada... to all of our mothers yaa Rabb.. Most importantly, may Allah make us of those that realize the importance of Birr alwalidayn...

Fi Amaani'LaahAmeen ;).

MashaAllah your mom is amazing and I love talking to her about politics LOL.

Kaltun how come you're not as cool as your mom lol? j/k I love you abaayo ;)

iss ME! zahweee!
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
may Allah give her a long and healthy life full of Ebada... to all of our mothers yaa Rabb.. Most importantly, may Allah make us of those that realize the importance of Birr alwalidayn...

Fi Amaani'Laah
aameeeeeeeeeeeen!

Amatullah
12-19-2008, 08:28 PM
...because her recitation wakes me up for prayer.

...because she calls my brother who is studying in Egypt everyday so he doesn't feel lonely.

...because she wants to retire in the haram : )

Ibnu Ismail
12-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh Allah Bless my mom because...

she taught me how to read Quran

she taught me how to read ingredients from a young age

she taught me to be a better Muslim and encouraged me to learn the language of the Quran

she had to sacrifice a lot for me

she always gives her children preference over herself

she includes me in her duas

Sarah Mushtaq
12-19-2008, 08:58 PM
... because of her love... every single hug or kiss she has given me... and of all the ones to come InshaAllah.

DesertShip
12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
ya Allah bless my mom because she does so much (shes my mom, best friend, doctor, TEACHER, role model) and at the end of the day she does not complain :) subhanAllah a true blessing from Allah

iss ME! zahweee!
12-19-2008, 09:53 PM
ya Allah bless my mom because of her soft heart.. i called her today to thank her for everything and she began to weep and give me du'aas

praisebe2allah
12-19-2008, 10:17 PM
beautiful thread Mashallah May Allah grant all of our mothers jannah ameen

Ya Allah, Bless my mom because....

1. No matter how tired she was she always stayed up with me and took care of me when I was sick as child (even the nights that I faked it just so That I can get that special time with her)

2. She always has time to listen to my stories no matter how pointless and she always laughs no matter how unfunny they are

3. she Loves me unconditionally

Rabbir Hamuma Kama rabyani sagheerah

DesertShip
12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
...because through her amazing obedience to her parents she teaches me how to be an obedient daughter

...because she texts me random 'i love you' when i'm in class and make duaa for me :-)

...because she teaches me how to have tawakul

...because she reminds me of the hereafter and the grave

...because she gives us every night a 'bed time story' about a prophet/sahabi.. etc and makes us read it in arabic

...because she is amazing alhamdulilah

iss ME! zahweee!
12-19-2008, 11:55 PM
...because she texts me random 'i love you' when i'm in class and make duaa for me :-)
awwwwwww
and masha-Allah @ your tech-savvy mom!

Ahmed Ibn Hassan
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Beautiful thread!!

.... She would tell me unbelievable stories of how she took care of me every step of the way in a war-torn country..

... She's always cheers me up, and taught me never to give up from an early age..

... She calls me all the time to see where

... She taught me the importance of aklaaq

.... She showed me the importance of a 'Family'

.... She enrolled me to my first hifz class, taught me the how to read the quran at a young age..

... She sacrificed her time, money, efforts to help me become a better muslim, man, student..

Subhanallah... as im typing this im getting flashbacks of all the times my mother told me 'ahmed you'll understand why I'm doing this, when you have your child.." allahu'akabr -dont have a child but- that statements I'm sure most of us get make sense as we mature in our life..

May Allah reward all of our hard-striving mothers, and enter Jannah without hisab.. ameen th'umma ameen

iss ME! zahweee!
12-20-2008, 07:16 PM
may Allah bless my mom for the amazing man she married me to http://www.ummah.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinlove.gif

iss ME! zahweee!
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
i'm so suprised that after four complete pages, NO ONE has mentioned the pains our moms went through BEFORE we were born.. so much pain just to bring us into this world

Allah SWT says in the Qur'an what translates to: "And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination." [Luqman: 14]

He SWT also says in the Qur'an what translates to: "And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months." [Ahqaaf: 15]

and my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE:

"And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small."

can you [i]believe we caused our mothers weakness and pain? it pains the heart to even think of it... our moms CARRIED us.. they were in labor for HOURS for us... and when all the physical pain was said and done, our moms cared for us with love and mercy and never stopped praying for us and loving us, even when we hurt them..

ya Allah, bless our moms with the best of Your blessings.. because they have been nothing but good and kind to us, and if they were ever angry with us, we probably deserved MUCH worse than what we got... so.. Rabbir hamhumaa kamaa rabbayaani sagheera

Rminor
12-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Ya Allah, bless my mother because even though she may not understand my love for Islam and this beautiful religion, she has provided me with love and support. Ya Allah, please bless her for listening to me talk about the pillars of Islam, for asking questions and for deciding to celebrate Eid this year instead of Christmas. Ya Allah, please bless her for the unconditional love and support she provides me. Ya Allah please open her heart to accepting Islam as you have opened mine and please make it easy for me to be as wonderful a mother as she is someday.

bint_habibullah
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Ya Allah, bless my mother because even though she may not understand my love for Islam and this beautiful religion, she has provided me with love and support. Ya Allah, please bless her for listening to me talk about the pillars of Islam, for asking questions and for deciding to celebrate Eid this year instead of Christmas. Ya Allah, please bless her for the unconditional love and support she provides me. Ya Allah please open her heart to accepting Islam as you have opened mine and please make it easy for me to be as wonderful a mother as she is someday.Ameen!

Ya Allah bless my mum cuz I dunno how to cook. :D

Ya Allah bless my mum for attempting to teach me how to cook. ;)

Ya Allah bless my mum cuz she looks out for me in all I do. She's got ma back :cool:

Ya Allah bless my mum cuz she's my best friend. :)

This thread makes me tear up. SubhanAllah. Mothers are a blessing!

bint_habibullah
12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Ya Allah bless ma mum cuz she's G. :cool: Takes no nonsense from anyone yet is one of the most patient, nicest souls in the world. :)

Imtiaz
12-21-2008, 07:31 AM
below is a link very relevant to this discussion
if it gets deleted please visit youTube the title of the video is reality tv it is a story as told by paralyzed brother Abdullah Banee'ma...

i would not normally post a link, knowing our policy, but if this video benefits one person then it is worth bending a rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4NwYrlqkcY

Ahmed Ibn Hassan
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
below is a link very relevant to this discussion
if it gets deleted please visit youTube the title of the video is reality tv it is a story as told by paralyzed brother Abdullah Banee'ma...

i would not normally post a link, knowing our policy, but if this video benefits one person then it is worth bending a rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4NwYrlqkcY

Jazkallah kahir!!! I love that video, i try to watch a lot to remind me.

Maaz Ibn Khan
12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
SubhaanAllah, that video made my heart ache... truly, we don't appreciate our mothers as much as we should.
Ya Allah, bless my mother for always being there for me, for supporting me in all trials and tribulations...
Ya Allah bless my mom for her duas for me, and those countless times in my childhood when she would put her hands together and i would put mine in hers, thinking to be a part of what she was asking...
Ya Allah bless my mom for putting up with my behavior, and the times I made her worry...
Ya Allah bless my mother, for staying up all night with me when I was sick...

Osob Mohamud
12-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Wa Aleykuma Sallam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

Tabarak Allah this is a wonderful thread. (and it made my eyes tear up). Alhamdullilah we all have wonderful mothers. I am here taking care of my three nephews . I didn't know how demanding the job really is. We will truly understand what out mothers do, when Insha Allah we become mothers. It's a hard job and I am reminded everyday being here with my nephews.

Ya Allah bless my mother because....
She inspired me to practise the deen
Through her life struggles I learn patience and tawkil
She makes dua for me
She fulfills her role as a mother
She would walk in the cold to get me anything I wanted so that I could get a few extra minutes of sleep before school.
She take care physically,emotionally,financially
and because she is my MOTHER!

I can't wait to go home and see my mom Insha Allah

Oh Allah protect all of our mothers in this life and the next and make them amongst those who enter with out any athab or hisab. Ameen

Biftu M
12-24-2008, 02:24 AM
So beautiful...I loved reading these. Ameen to all the duas.

Ya Allah bless my Mom ...

Because she didnt have one to protect her as a child
Because she suffered to give birth to me
Because she fought the doctors when they gave up on me
Because she gave up her rights as a woman so I could go to school
With jennahtul ferdios

May Allah give our mothers jennahtul ferdios and forgive us when we neglect them, ameen

Osob Mohamud
12-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Ya Allah bless my mom because she was determined to give me a better life
bless her because she listens to my concerns
bless her because she she encourager's me to take Almaghrib classes
bless her because she was a great daughter to her parents
bless her because she raised 9 children
bless her because she witnessed one of them pass away at the age of 2
bless her because she is my bestfriend

iss ME! zahweee!
12-24-2008, 04:07 PM
one piece of advice to those who still live with their moms...
give her big teddy bear hugs and kisses and lots of neck and back massages like, EVERY DAY.. and be grateful! the rest of us are jealous!

Sistamatic
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM
this thread makes me cry everytime i read it.

May Allah make us from those who are obedient to our parents and with whome our parents are pleased and with whom Allah ( Mighty and Majestic is He) is pleased. Ameen.

May Allah bless all of your mothers and mine. May He guide them to Islam if they are not Muslim. May He grant them homes in the highest of Heavens. May they be amongst those shaded with the best of Shades, the Shade of Allah (Mighty and Majestic is He) on the Day of Recompense. May they be with our beloved Messenger Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). May they recline on the cushions of Heaven as they are invited to the Ultimate invitation to meet with Allah ( Mighty and Majestic is He).

Ameen.

Mobeen Vaid
12-25-2008, 07:19 AM
she still packs me lunch everyday :)

May Allah make us from those who are obedient to our parents and with whome our parents are pleased and with whom Allah ( Mighty and Majestic is He) is pleased. Ameen.

May Allah bless all of your mothers and mine. May He guide them to Islam if they are not Muslim. May He grant them homes in the highest of Heavens. May they be amongst those shaded with the best of Shades, the Shade of Allah (Mighty and Majestic is He) on the Day of Recompense. May they be with our beloved Messenger Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). May they recline on the cushions of Heaven as they are invited to the Ultimate invitation to meet with Allah ( Mighty and Majestic is He).

Ameen.
ameen.

mehr_muslimah
12-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Ya Allah, bless my mom because she...(with Your will) strived to make me a good muslim...and because of Your taufeeq then her help+support...i'm now doing hifz.
Bless my mom because she's the most amazing mommy in the whole world+my besttt friend(masha'Allah-alhamdulillah!shez striving 2 be a good Muslim and herself and helping her family..all of us to be good Muslims too...ameen

Amatullah
12-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I read this beautiful hadeeth today...subhanAllah, keep making duaa for your parents:

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: َقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ وَسَلَّمَ: "إِنَّالرَّجُلَ لَتُرْفَعُ دَرَجَتُهُ فِي الْجَنَّةِ فَيَقُولُ: أَنَّى لِي هَذَا؟فَيُقَالُ: بِاسْتِغْفَارِ وَلَدِكَ لَكَ". أخرجه أحمد (2/509 ، رقم 10618) ، وابن ماجه (2/1207 ، رقم 3660) ، والبيهقي (7/233 ، رقم 14116). وأخرجه أيضًا: ابن أبى شيبة (6/93 ، رقم 29740) ، والطبراني فى الأوسط (5/210 ، رقم 5108) وصححه الألباني في "السلسلة الصحيحة" (4 / 129).

Agamea
12-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Ya Allah, bless my mom because she loves the children Your Majesty has granted her and remains forgiving.

bintAbdulHashem
12-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Ya Allah, please bless my mom because:

She is always so forgiving even when I make mistakes
She continues to give from what she has
She always wants the best for me
She sacrificed a lot to give my sister and I food, shelter, and clothing
She is very generous to others
She always tried to do the right thing
She always wants the best for everyone
She gave us the best she had
She taught me how to pray and recite Surahs
Her prayers and du'aas are important to her
She always thinks good of others
She always loved her children and showed it
She is very, very kind
Her smile is beautiful
She is one of the reasons I aim so high

Abdullah~
12-28-2008, 01:42 PM
it's really hard for me to express, which is why i deleted my last post, but it would not be just to not share something, so i will share some,

Ya Allah, bless my mom:

cause when we had nothing she gave us everything

because it did not matter what happened to her or us, she always tried to make our world bright and shiny

she taught us wudu, our short surahs, and prayer.

she taught us how to read.

she put is into sports.

cause she took us to sunday school.

she is the one who put that book in my hands and that bedtime audio in my ears as a child that led me to a deep attachment to the Prophet sal'Allahu alayhi wa salam and the sahabah, at a young age, by His will and grace

cause she raised us as a single mom while finishing her engineering school, only with Allah's help could she do that

cause when the adviser was straight up with her and gave her a choice between being a doctor - or being a mother - she chose the latter.

Believer
01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
O Allah bless my mum because:

She still calls me beta,
She still says 'you're not too big to sit on my lap',
She taught me my times tables at a very early age,
She taught me to work hard and be at the top of the class,
She told me about Al Maghrib Institute,
Her smile is as wide as the horizon,
She did things no one else would for me.

Eman
01-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because....

she loves you and raised kids to love you

she is very stern on following Quran and Sunnah

she called me 2 minutes before she left to mekkah to tell me that she was making duaa for my big exam the next day

she cooks an amazing feast (MashaAllaah) every almaghrib saturday for the almaghrib students

she stayed with me in the hospital by my side for nine days when my appendix burst, and would rush out of her sleep to take me, and my machine counterparts, to the restroom in the middle of the night

she would tell me "did i ever tell you that i love you" many times

she would make parties filled with fun and halal games

she raised five roudy girls (1 yr apart except the last one) all by herself, with my dad, in America

she is not afraid to tell people that they are wrong

she insisted on taking her five complaining daughters to the middle school halaqa every fridays even though we gave her such a hard time since it was T.G.I.F. on WB20

Eman
01-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... She is not controlling or stubborn

Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... she taught my sisters and I to be friendly and welcoming ppl

Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... she cleans up my throw up (i cleaned it once and i couldnt believe she actually does that....eew...sorry ppl)

Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... she didnt let us go to sleepovers...ha, those are dangerous

Eman
01-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because.... of her patience and trust in you

iss ME! zahweee!
01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
subhanAllah these stories always amaze me

Lunah
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Allah bless my mother because she loved and cared for me as I was her own. (I'm adopted)

I.Love.Islam
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because she is the one who took care of me when I was sick and she put up with all of my complaints. No matter how annoying I was, she never got angry at me. She never gave up on me and was always there for me when I needed her. Alhamdulilah we are like friends and I know that I can tell her about anything and she will be understanding about it. I love my mama and i don't know what I would do without her!

Ifteen
02-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Ya Rahman, bless my mom, because she is amazing. She knows me inside and out. She is funny, sweet and well... My mommy.

In somali there is a famous poem called "hooyadu waa lama huraan."
Higaad waa la akhriyaa
Hagaag waa loo socdaa
Hor waa loo sii hoydaa
Hadal waa la hindisaa
Ha'dii kale waxaan lahaa

Mudaan uurka hurrudnoo
Culays bey hayn jidhoo
Talaabtey la hakatoo
Xanuun bey la hingateye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!
Ha'dii kale waxaan lahaa

---------=0=------------

Habeen goor uu bartamay
Caanihii bey nagu habtoo
Horaadkeey noo dhigtoo
Dharkii bey na huwiseye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Calooshaadoon hif oran
Adiga oon ka haqabbi'in
Hunguri ma haweeysatee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Habaaq goor aad tahayo
Talaabta aan la holi karin
Adoo ciidii hambaday
Dhaqsaba waa ku hinjisaye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Afkaa aan ku hadalniyo
Hannaankeeniyo hub qaad
Hagaag bey noo bartey
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Innaga oon haybad qabin
Hal beesa aan suubsan karin
Habaaskeey naga huftoo
Waa tii noo hiilisaye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Sidaanaan halis u gelin
hungurigeey suubisaa
Dhaqsaba hoo nama dhehdee
Intii ey ka hubsataa
Iyada yaa ku hormartee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Reerku haduu yahay hayaan
Hayinka aan saaran nahay
Hogaankeey haysatoo
Hoosbey kaala hadashoo
Intii aad ka hurudaa
Waa kuu heestaa hadane
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Cilmiga shiikh ku hormariyo
Nin haamaan ah iyo hanad
Iyadaa soo hayn jidhee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Haddii loo baahdo hiil
Geesiga loo habar wacdiyo
Fuleyga aan haadka hubin
Iyadaa soo hayn jirtee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Deeqsi aad soo haybsatoo
Hamuuntii kaa ba'shiyo
Bakhaylka aan kula hadleyn
Iyadaa soo hayn jirtee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Aabbuhu waa hawsha guud
Ayuna hoosbey hayaan
Habantii guriga iyo
Hooygii bee noo huftaye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Geed yare kaa hooshay meel
Hadii aad haah dhehdaa
Hubkii bey ka hmndadoo
Iyada oon hagar lahayn
Haaw waa tii soo dhehdee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Odaygu waa haajiraa
Hawuu meel ugu kacaa
Haduusan mawtku helin
Hortaadey taagan tehee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Habeenkaad soo dhaxdaa
Hurdada aad uma heshoo
Qalbiga waa ka hamidoo
Hiloow bey kuu qabtaye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Horey adigoo aan ahayn
Dudkuu bey u hanjabtoo
Halyeey beey kaa dhigtoo
Amaan bey ku huwisaye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Abaarta hawaarsatiyo
Harraad meelloogu go'ay
Heeyhaata uu dhaanku yahay
Cirkuna haawanahayaa
Halihi ey soo heshaa
Hadeey ho' inna dhehdaa
Innaga oon soo hambeyn
Waatii aan heensanoo
Hamuunteedii horiyo
Dhib bey la hagoogatey
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Sidii awr haama wada
Dusheedaan halabsanoo
Hah goortaa nama dhehdee
Waa noo sii hoorsatey
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Marada ay nagu hantiday
Haddaan hoos uga dhacnaa
Wadnihi bey ka hinqatoo
Calooshey ka halcateye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Alaabta horteeda taal
Haddaad laad ku hurguftaa
Habaar weyn kuma dhahdee
Inyar bey ka hifataye
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Hiloowlaha ay dhashaa
Haddii meel laga hayaa
Asuu haaraa habeen
Waa tii hoogeysatoo
Ilmadu ay hibitiqdee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Haddaan been lagu hadleyn
Wadnaha harkiisa iyo
Halbowlaha dhiiga wada
Hareer baa laga dhigoo
Halkeey joogaan iyagu
Yaa loosoo wada hoydey
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Hantida aad leedihiyo
Wixii aad haabataa
Haddii loosiiyo hibo
Abaalkood lama helee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Haddaadu hadey gashaa
Hog goortii lagu dhigoo
Wadaaduhu kula hadlaan
Aabaha looma halwecee
Waxaad tahay inna heblee
Hooyadu waa lama huraan
Waxaad tahay inna heblee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Adduunyadu waa haweeyn
Halkaa laskuma hayee
Nindoonaba ha hadlee
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Hirar gaagaaban iyo
Hawada yaan ka hadlayaa
Waxba anigoon hambeyn
Hubaashiina aan hayaa
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

---------=0=------------

Hanfada ruuxii noqdaa
Hawraar kaama hantiyee
Waxba anigoon hambeyn
Hubaashiina aan hayaa
HOOYADU WAA LAMA HURAAN!

.... HOOYO ......

does anyone have the translation?

iss ME! zahweee!
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
awwww LOVE how it ends in all caps
someone translate it pleaseeee!

heavens_scent
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Hala can you translate the poem for us? :)

SubhanAllah, I can't imagine my life without my mom. The thought of it happening brings me to tears.

Ahmed Ibn Hassan
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
That poem is really good, ... i understood 60% ...lol (It's really hard reading!)

Masha'allah

Ifteen
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
yea inshallah I will have to sit and really try to translate it. I was hoping someone had a translated copy present so that I can avoid the task but its all good. Inshallah it will be my own personal challenge. Hala, care to save me?

Istishhad
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Ya Rabbi, bless my mom for being patient and kind enough for taking my crap and never dishing it back! She has a good ear for listening and allows me to vent without being judgemental, mashaAllah :)

Generous_1
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice poetry. Somali poetic language to regular spoken Somali is what shakespeare english is to regular english. Good luck translating that piece. But in keeping with the theme, ya allah bless my mom for she put a great deal of effort in me.

Ifteen
02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice poetry. Somali poetic language to regular spoken Somali is what shakespeare english is to regular english. Good luck translating that piece. But in keeping with the theme, ya allah bless my mom for she put a great deal of effort in me.

Man.. who u tellin. I bit off more than I can chew with this one. Its gonna be awhile.

Reem S.
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
try this.. dont put the whole poem at a time, but put like paragraph and paragraph http://translation.babylon.com/Somali

Imani
02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Ya Allah, BLESS MY MOM, because...
she is always there for me, even in the middle of the night,
whenever I have issues, she gives me words of comfort through the deen that strengthens me,
she is so kind and giving,
she makes VERY yummy food :)
AND I agree with siratul mustakeem above, she's awesome. period.
I'm sure we could all just go on and on...
May Allah bless and guide all mothers bringing up their children as Muslims.

intheheartsofgreenbirds
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
alhamdulillah wa nussallee..

ya AllahSWT bless my mother and have mercy on her, she has been patient for us, especially for me in countless hard times. ya AllahSWT make me serve my mother especially and my father despite all the changes in my life, so that You are pleased and make my mother esp. and my father be pleased with me by Your sheer mercy amin, same dua for my best friend for Allah, amin thumm amin

رب الرحمہما کما ربایانی صغیرہ

amin

hasbunallahu wa naimal wakeel

Sister Asha Bile
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Ya Allah Bless My Mommy Becuz With Out Her I Would;t Have Learned All The Things In Lyfe.
Ya Allah Pllz Accpect This Dua'
Amin
Much Luuv
*~(muslima4lyfe*!~)

faithfulone
04-09-2009, 03:10 PM
YA ALLAH, BLESS MY MOM FOR THE STRENGTH SHE CARRIES EVERY SINGLE DAY. Ya Allah bless my mom, for everything she taught me. Ya Allah bless my mom for being the most admirable woman in my life. Ya Allah forgive her and welcome her to Jannah Ul Firdaws!

I love my hooyo macaan!

Ifteen
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM
YA ALLAH, BLESS MY MOM FOR THE STRENGTH SHE CARRIES EVERY SINGLE DAY. Ya Allah bless my mom, for everything she taught me. Ya Allah bless my mom for being the most admirable woman in my life. Ya Allah forgive her and welcome her to Jannah Ul Firdaws!

I love my hooyo macaan!
Awww May Allah accept your duca's :)

Hooyo macaan. I love that. mashallah.

When I call my mom hooyo macaan the question that inevitably follows it is
" What do u want this time?' :)

But in all honesty, may Allah bless my mom because she has taught me how to be a good and loyal friend. She is always there for all of her friends and has friendships that lasted for over 30 years. She maintains her friendships and even keeps up with my friends. She is always asking about this sister and that and making sure they are all doing well and making dua for them.

So may Allah bless my Hooyo and grant her sucess in this world and the hereafter. ameen.

rana06
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
May Allah the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful, the Most Generous bless my mom with Firdous and protect her from any harm.

Ya Allah bless my dear mother because:

1-She taught my siblings and I the Quran, sitting with us hours on end some days.
2-She showed me what it means to be selfless
3-She always puts others before herself in any situation
4-She is generous with everything, esp her time
5-She taught us Arabic and would take us to conventions or make us listen to lecture in Arabic when were young (and still now)
6-She is firm with her discipline but so sweet with her words.
7-She is an AlMaghrib fan, meaning she comes to classes with me :)
8-She is an intelligent woman who respects knowledge and teaches us the same
9-She always inserts Islamic reminders in her conversation and tells us the importance of Quran everyday
10-She loves to travel and explore new places, she is so much fun.
11-She teaches by practice not by preaching
12-She volunteers in so many community events, and taught us to do the same
13-She packs me my lunch, yes still :)
14-She has AMAZING culinary skill (this is just a bonus ;) )
15-She is a strong women and always speaks the truth.
16-Without her I am lost, she is my guidance, inspiration, mentor, friend, caretaker and truly the best gift Allah blessed me with.

May Allah bless her with everything that is khayr for her and May He grant her Jannat Al Firdous along with my beloved father.

Aadil
05-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Ya Allah, bless my mom because she makes dua for me constantly, even when I'm not the best son.

Ya Allah, bless my mom because she called me every hour when she found out I was sick.

Ya Allah, bless my mom because she sacrificed to much so I can have a better life.

ummiefatima
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Ya Allah, bless my mom because she makes dua for me constantly, even when I'm not the best son.

Ya Allah, bless my mom because she called me every hour when she found out I was sick.

Ya Allah, bless my mom because she sacrificed to much so I can have a better life.ameen :)

Ya Allah Bless my mum, for she strives sooo hard to be YOUR PERFECT SERVANT. ameen.

Alima
10-18-2009, 02:36 PM
MashaAllaah, I love this thread...

-- Ok here goes...

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz when she see's me sad, her eye's will start watering in hurt. Like subhanAllaah, who does this other than your mum.

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she has this funny sense of humour that makes her fun to be around.

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she bought me up when I was young and looked after me like no other.

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she taught me how to pray and kept at it until it was engrained in my actions.

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she still strives to send my brother to Qur'an school when no one else in my community does at his age.

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she puts on Qur'an for my baby brother and keeps him away from Music...

Ya Allaah bless my mum cuz she has to deal with me. Alhamdulillah.

I love my mum because she's MY MUM!

You know what is cool about this thread?

--- It's a checklist for an ideal mother from a child's perspective. Now how cool is that...

iss ME! zahweee!
01-02-2010, 08:45 AM
she gave birth to seven kids.. nuff said.

Amatullah
01-03-2010, 01:24 AM
she studies the deen more than her children.

SiBgha_z
01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
...she always shows such patience which never ceases to amaze me.

...because of her beautiful akhlaaq, everyone I know is drawn to her.

...she cooks delish food for my friends (even tho I'm married and live away from her, she'll always send something for a friends get-together.)

...she does dua'a for those who might have hurt her feelings. SubhanAllah that's a huge one!

...she is memorizing the Qur'aan with such zeal that it continues to be an inspiration for me.

BintMohammed
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Ya Allah... ya rubb-al-3alameen... bless my mom immensely! Through the open-heart surgery and the little cramps, from days when we were the best of friends to the days when she would be angry at me, she always stood by me with utmost faith in You (3azawajal). She raised four children to be proud of who we are and where we come from, teaching us that we are Muslims first and foremost, and next comes the culture.

Ya Allah, grant Mama jannat-ul-firdaws. Ameen.

Jannah
01-17-2010, 02:09 AM
she cares about the timeliness of my salah even after me moving out

Felicity_Muslimah
03-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Ya Allah Bless my mom, for despite my defiantly disobedience and constant disrespect, and countless times I've unjustly angered her she still loves me, makes sures I eat even in the midst of my disrespect to her.
Ya Allah Bless my mom Even when I come home late without her persmission or calling her to tell her I'm safe, she doesn't sleep untill I'm home.
Ya Allah Forgive my mom's eldest daughter For I fear I will face Hellfire because of my injustices towards my mother.

Samothy
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Ya Allah bless my mum for putting everything she had into motherhood.

Samiyya
03-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Ya Alla bless my mom because she is the one that takes care of me when im ill even though im 21! and she doesn't have the best health herself. As they say below every mothers feet is jannah and your father has the key to Jannah! May Allah make us good practicing, children that never forget the 9 months our mothers carried us for and all the good that they do for us till this day...

Mariyaah
03-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Ya Allah (swt), Bless my mom, for putting up with me (which is not easy), and my other 5 siblings.

Massoud
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
She is the one who makes tears of sadness into tears of joy.

Ifteen
11-14-2010, 11:14 PM
My mom is away for Hajj and this is the longest she has been away from home.. Subhanallah I really miss her :( May Allah bless my mom and Dad and reward them with Janaah and accept there Hajj.AMEEN.

lamya
11-25-2010, 02:03 PM
O Allah bless my mum because YOU chose her to be MY mum, and Your choices O Allah are ALWAYS the best for me. If my mum was not my mum, I would not be who I am today. So, Alhamdullilah O Allah for the unconditional loving heart of my dear mother that you have given me in my journey from childhood to adulthood, and may I be among those who are ever grateful for your mercy and compassion.

AABMNIL
01-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Ya Allah Bless My Mom for:
Being there for me
taking care of me
helping me with my homework everyday until I was able to do it myself
sending me to Islamic Schools
taking care of me when I was sick
wondering where I am
sending her love in every form
loving me, caring about me
for everything

I don't think we could ever say enough

May Allah Grant Our Mothers the highest level of paradise.