PDA

View Full Version : Are Infertile Women Worthless?

K78
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Are Infertile women worthless?

K78
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry if it looks rude but it's just a question okay?

K78
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Are sterile men worthless?
subhanAllaah. I never had the brain to think of it that way!
of course sterile men are not worthless!

K78
01-05-2009, 09:16 PM
No one is worthless.
The ability to bear children is a gift from Allah ta'ala just like walking is a gift, and sight is a gift, and hearing is a gift.

Your question is rude. Drawing the conclusion that a woman is worthless because she cannot bear children implies that having babies is the sole purpose of her existence. We were created to worship Allah, everything else is secondary.

May Allah ta'ala forgive us all for the words we utter that displease Him. Ameen.
Some people need calming answers.

Sally Mahmoud
01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Some people need calming answers.

hmm..seems to me that this might be a rhetorical question! surely you can find many reasons why any life is valuable.. Allah didnt create creation for nothing!

my advice- dump whoever implied this outta ur life ;) You deserve better! No one has the right to be welcome in someone's surroundings or mental space if they are making one feel inferior, period. This is even more important when it is something you cannot control such fertility. Allah says in the quran He gives sons, daughters, both or none to whoever He wants. Say alhamdulillah for your blessings, and dont give toxic people free rent in your head!!

<3

zuhair.shaath
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Worthless people are only worthless to worthless people.

K78
01-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Oh, subhanAllah I didn't check your profile before responding! Please forgive me I thought you were a brother. Wallahi, I feel terrible for responding the way I did.

I was so outraged because I thought the question was implying something.

SubhanAllah, no one is worthelss. The ability to worship Allah, to ask for His forgiveness when we sin, to help tell others about His Deen, are worth more than any other ability in this world.

And sometimes when we think something is bad for us it is the best thing in the world for our Akhirah, and even our Dunya. We don't know what Allah ta'ala has planned for us, He is the best of planners.

Again, sorry for my outrage, I'm usually not prone to such outbursts. I hope you can see that it was just my way of say "No".

May Allah ta'ala forgive us for the words we utter that displease Him. Ameen.
No hard feelings sister no need to say sorry it's all good.

Amatullah
01-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Allah ta'ala tells us in the Qur'an:

لِّلَّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۚ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ ۚ يَهَبُ لِمَن يَشَاءُ إِنَاثًا وَيَهَبُ لِمَن يَشَاءُ الذُّكُورَ

أَوْ يُزَوِّجُهُمْ ذُكْرَانًا وَإِنَاثًا ۖ وَيَجْعَلُ مَن يَشَاءُ عَقِيمًا ۚ إِنَّهُ عَلِيمٌ قَدِيرٌ

To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills (and plans). He bestows (children) male or female according to His Will (and Plan),Or He bestows both males and females, and He leaves barren whom He will: for He is full of Knowledge and Power. (42:49-50)

It is not for us to deem anyone "worthless", because for a woman to be infertile is from the decree and plan of Allah azza wa jal for her. Find comfort in the fact that HE knows what is BEST, and He knows what our feeble minds cannot understand.

How many of the righteous women before us never had children?

Aishah radi Allahu anha never had children. The only wife that bore the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam children was Khadijah radi Allahu anha.
Many wives of the Prophets never had children until their old age. (such as the wife of Zakariyyah and Sarah)
Asiyah, the wife of Firawn, never had children.
Maryam alayha salaam wasn't even married.

The worth of a woman is not in how many children she can have...Allah ta'ala says in the Qur'an that wealth and children are only a fitnah and glitter of this life, and the best amongst us is the one who has taqwa.

May Allah ta'ala ease your situation and grant you what is best, Ameen.

Um Tammer
01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
It was Allah's decision to make someone unfertile. It is a test.

bint.khizer
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
The worth of a woman is not in how many children she can have...Allah ta'ala says in the Qur'an that wealth and children are only a fitnah and glitter of this life, and the best amongst us is the one who has taqwa.

May Allah ta'ala ease your situation and grant you what is best, Ameen.

Jazak-Allah,

i love you for the sake of Allah

Amatullah
01-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Jazak-Allah,

i love you for the sake of AllahMay He for whose Sake you love me, Love you. Ameen.

Rizak
01-07-2009, 02:45 AM
I don't know who this question is aimed at, but my answer is no.

It's obviously a test to both the woman and her husband/future husband. To be honest who would fall in love with a woman and then not want to be with her anymore simply because he found out she can't have kids? If anything she should be valued more because she probably needs the support and when Allah
takes something of His from us we value what we have even more.

Saba Hashmat
01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
It IS all in Allah's plan for He is the best of planners. Let me give you an example. My uncle was married to his wife for about 18+ years and they did not have any children and of course my uncle valued her, loved her, supported her, and did not ever make her feel anything less than special. alhamdullilah!! In our family they were the "cool" couple since even without kids they still loved each other very much mashallah.

Then one day my aunt went to work and never came home. She was killed in a car accident (may allah swt grant her janatul firdous). The accident was a shock and of course reminded us again of the decree of Allah SWT. My uncle remarried and today has two kids (mashallah) with his second wife. Now we all think about it and see the wisdom in Allah's planning-- Amongst other things had my first aunt had kids they would be raised without a mother right now.

No creation of Allah SWT is worthless. We only make our lives worthless if we don't aim it towards doing that which we created to do: worship our Creator. We should just trust in Allah SWT and know that he knows what is good for us even when we can't see the wisdom in something He decreed. Reflect on His decree and be patient and you will see great hikmah in it. Wallahu Alim.

iss ME! zahweee!
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
(may allah swt grant her janatul firdous)
aameen!! and jazakiAllah khayr for the excellent reminder

Generous_1
01-09-2009, 07:04 PM
There is more to a person than their ability to bear children. It is inhumane to consider an infertile woman worthless.

Fa'izoon
01-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't even believe in infertility just a lack of eman. I don't care if you don't even have ovaries. Didn't the wife of Assiyah adopt Musa? Didn't Maryam have Esa when no man touched her. Didn't Sarah and Ibrahim Have Isaac when he was an old man and she was an old women? Didn't Zakariya have YaYa when he was old and his wife was barren?

Brother, may Allah 'azza wa jal reward you with the best of this duniya and the akhirah - your post was so beautiful, almost brought me to tears.

I ask Allah that He places this understanding in the hearts of the Muslims, so that we can stop the injustice which many of our sisters (who are only facing another one of the tests of this duniya) face. Ameen

Lunah
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
There is more to a person than their ability to bear children. It is inhumane to consider an infertile woman worthless.I agree.