PDA

View Full Version : Ya Allah bless my Dad, because...

Ifteen
02-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Asalamau Alaiakum warahamatula wabrakatu,

I enjoyed the thread about mothers so much, it had me thinking... what about dads?

So, here goes...

Bismillah.

Ya Allah Bless my Dad because...

1) He is my father

2) He used to wipe my nose.

3) he used to Bring me home form school during lunch and make me his
" Mcdonalds special"

4) He taught me the importance of loving your mother. Through actions and not words.

5) He would cook for his mother ( May Allah have mercy on her) himself and then spoonfeed it to her before he went to work. Then call later @ work just to make sure she was still doing fine.

6) He would play basketball with us... even though he could barely dribble a ball. Then entertain us further by trying to bounce a football. :)

7) He never hesitates to tell me how much he loves me.

8) He would call me at random moments just to share a funny joke he heard or a funny story.

9) The first and only book I ever saw him read was the mushaf.

10) He would make it a point to make dua for us every time he sees us.

The list goes on and on and on but I kinda don't wanna get to emotional.

Parents are truly a blessing and when they are rightous and loving its even more of a wonderful rahma from Al-Rahman.

Khadija
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
May Allah bless my father because...

11. He was a REAL man: He protected our Honor, and fulfilledh is duty towards his family as the prophet pbuh advised.
12. He never pushed us or asked us (his daughters) to go out and work. He worked so we wouldnt have to.
13. He protected us from the wolves of the dunia
14. He made the hard decisions to keep the family together
15. He taught me strong family values
16. He sacrificed his joy, his time, his comfort to make us happy and live comfortably.
17. He never said no to a request, and always did as we wished
18. He would always make sure to ask me if I was happy.
19. He would always remind me to treat my mother right and give her the respect she deserves.
20. He provided for me so I wouldnt have to go anywhere else to ask for money, food or clothing.
21. He had sleepless nights..so I can sleep comfortably in my bed.
22. He was my ride and transporation to every event of kheir and every Islamic gathering. May Allah reward him for every beneficial thing I learned and mplemented.

I can go on and on...may Allah grant our parents the highest levels of jannah.

praisebe2allah
02-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Asalamau Alaiakum warahamatula wabrakatu,

I enjoyed the thread about mothers so much, it had me thinking... what about dads?

So, here goes...

Bismillah.

Ya Allah Bless my Dad because...

1) He is my father

2) He used to wipe my nose.

3) he used to Bring me home form school during lunch and make me his
" Mcdonalds special"

4) He taught me the importance of loving your mother. Through actions and not words.

5) He would cook for his mother ( May Allah have mercy on her) himself and then spoonfeed it to her before he went to work. Then call later @ work just to make sure she was still doing fine.

6) He would play basketball with us... even though he could barely dribble a ball. Then entertain us further by trying to bounce a football. :)

7) He never hesitates to tell me how much he loves me.

8) He would call me at random moments just to share a funny joke he heard or a funny story.

9) The first and only book I ever saw him read was the mushaf.

10) He would make it a point to make dua for us every time he sees us.

The list goes on and on and on but I kinda don't wanna get to emotional.

Parents are truly a blessing and when they are rightous and loving its even more of a wonderful rahma from Al-Rahman.Ameen. Mashallah You said it so beautifully- I remember those Basketball games, we would always win because my brothers got in trouble for every basket they made :D

I just wanna add a story...

One day my dad calls me in the morning I was sleeping so he tells me to call him back when I wake up, So I get out of bed and go and wash up and call him back.
The conversation went somethin to this affect:

"Praisebe2allah (although he used my name) someone complained to me about you, Macaanto (english equivalent is something like sweety) , did you do this and this?" Please don't do it again. Be more careful of this next time okay?

then he says I am so sorry I had to be so harsh with you..and then he calls my mom and tells her he yelled at me (because he really felt as if he did) :)

Subhanallah that made my heart melt. The whole conversation he was calling me Macaanto (sweety) and talking in such a soft tone so as not to make me feel sad and he felt as if he had truly made me sad

May Allah bless my dad and shower him with his mercy. Ameen.

Sistamatic
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
He introduced me to the Qur'an and instilled in me love and respect for it. Alhamdullilaah.

heavens_scent
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Ya Allah bless and have mercy on my dad because
- He makes me laugh all the time!
- He gives me money :D
- He fixes my car
- He buys me junk food even though I'm an adult now
- He makes fun of me
- He is always there when I need him
- He kisses my hand when im feeling down
- He tells me to be good to my mom
- He never raises his voice at me
- He loves and cares for me
- He makes dua'a for me

Basil
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Appreciate your fathers folks, my father died 12 years ago. Its strange to think I've lived almost half my life without him.

youngMuslimah
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Dear dad

Thanx for supporting our family

Thanx for giving me advice when I need it

Thanx for giving me that loving look

Thanx for scolding me b/c you care about what I do and want to correct me when I go wrong

Thanx for teaching me how to be patient in difficult times

Thanx for teaching me to place my tawakkul in Allah

Thanx for teaching me how to dress like a muslim woman

Thanx for making food for me

Thanx for ironing my clothes for me

Thanx for sacrificing your comforts for our familyís sake

Thanx for refusing to let me leave for school w/o having my breakfast

Thanx for saving me from mom when she tried to hit/scold me (when I were a kid of course lol)

Thanx for asking me to press your head and giving me a chance to earn ajr

Thanx for calling me your little princess

Thanx for calling me up frantically to make sure Iím okay

Thanx for encouraging me to learn and implement our deen

Thanx for making duía for me

Thanx for loving me unconditionally

Thanx for waking me up for fajr

Thanx for loving me even when I donít deserve it

Thanx for being there

Thanx for being a REAL man.

I love you

your baby,

A

I wrote this up for my dad a couple of months back. it's a little kiddish..but that's one of the best things about parents. I mean who else can you act like kids with?
he mailed back and wrote this:

May Allah Subhana Hu Wa Taíala Make you one of the best muslim women. Aameen

Jazak Allah Khairan

Eman Elkholy
02-06-2009, 08:43 AM
40. Because from day one I knew he was the smartest person on earth.. "Dad knew everything."
41. Because after my mom's death, he was my aman (security), my comfort, my guide (After Allah swt).
42. He had sleepless nights worrying about his daughters well-being and tried to figure out ways he can raise us by himself under the obedience of Allah swt..
43. Because no matter how far we go, we all return for him for advice and help... (since he's the smartest man we know)
44. Because he cooked the best meals.. and washed dishes, and had patience with us when we were being silly teens..
45. Because he built himself brick by brick under Your obedience (o' Allah)
46. Because ever since I can remember...and as farrrrrrrr as my memory can go, he never ever missed a fajr, Isha, or Jumuah prayer at the masjid in his life..
47. Because when I used to walk to work with him, he used to test the Aya's I memorized for that day..
48. Because he didn't let me go everywhere I wanted to go...and now I know why..
49. Because he was my dad, my mom, my everything..
50. And most importantly...He introduced me to my Husband. :-)

Khadija
02-06-2009, 10:40 AM
50. And most importantly...He introduced me to my Husband. :-)mhmmm. Forgot one more thing? Who else?

Eman Elkholy
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
mhmmm. Forgot one more thing? Who else?
Ya Allah, pleassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee bless my dad for encouraging, and helping, and making my friendship with Khadija for yearsssssssss...and building a strong foundation amongst our friendship..and kept us friends for your sake..by giving me rides to the masjid when I was 15 just to meet her.. :-D

Ameen...

Generous_1
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Ya Allah bless my dad for being a great friend. For always believing in me and encouraging to reach my full potential.

Sarah Mushtaq
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Ya Allah, bless my Dad for all that he sacrificed for us.

bint_habibullah
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Ameen to all the adiya. :)

Ifteen
02-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Mashallah keep em up. Alot of really emotional stories.

Im curious to hear from some of the brothers. Hmmm care to share?

Dreams
02-07-2009, 03:50 AM
An amazing, heart-warming thread. I hope the fathers are reading this one!

ForAllahAlone
02-07-2009, 07:05 AM
SubhanAllah I love this thread..

O Allah bless my Aabo

1) Because whenever he asks me for something he always adds "Babo Wa kucha'alahay Eenan Fi'an ba tahay-my written Somali is awful :)- (Babo I love you, you are a good girl)

2) Because he protected my brothers and I from fitnah (When he said "No" he told me I would understand when I was older and now I do!)

3) Because he and my mom told us when we wanted to go to Disneyland that we were going to go Hajj instead

4) Because he taught us about Allah and the importance of the Qur'an and that when he wasnt going to be there (someday faaarrr in the future inshaAllah) Allah always would be

5) Because for as long as I can remember when asked how he is doing he always said Alhamdulillah..

6)Because he never ends a conversation about the deen without making sure I have understood what he was trying to explain to me

7) Because he stays up late into the night talking to me about whatever subject I desire even after coming home from work

8) Because he never grows tired of my questions..

9) Because he believes in me

10) Because he is my mothers best friend and is one of mine

11) Because he always works so hard for us so we could have what we wanted and he never complained..

12) Because I want to marry a man just like him or better inshaAllah!!

O Allah forgive all our parents for they took care of us when we could not take care of ourselves.

Ifteen
02-07-2009, 04:10 PM
aww that was so mashallah...

BintTariq
02-15-2009, 02:39 PM
he has been through so many hardships in his life, but never once has he uttered a complaint.
he plays with us kids and he befriends everyone, Masha'Allah.
he's a great listener and even better adviser.
he always helps others and expects nothing from them in return. This displays his sincerity and devotion to the Creator azza wa jal!
he's my Dad and I'm proud to be Bint Tariq walHamdulillahi Rabbil 'alameen.
http://forums.almaghrib.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

*Sista_S*
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
All of you have wonderful fathers as well :) MashaAllah

Its so amazing how my dad is. For instance, when I am sick, he'll bring me soup or water/tea/lemon without me even asking anything or calling anyone in the house for help. He'll come to my room, and wake me up and say 'eat this or take this'. Isn't that wonderful :) Alxamdulilaah Rabil Alameen because Allah swt. blessed me with such a wonderful father.

May Allah swt. have mercy on our parents for they have took care of us as children, nurtured us, loved us unconditionatly and still treat us like we are their babies ;) Truly we can never repay back them for their constant love and help, but rather we can make dua for them continously that Allah swt. blesses them in this lifetime and the hereafter with the hightest Jannah, Janatul Fardawsa and us as well.Ameen

Im curious to hear from some of the brothers. Hmmm care to share?I didn't realize it was mostly sisters actually, but thats a good question that you asked.hmmm..brothers where is your love for your fathers? :D

Imani
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Ya Allah, bless my Dad, because...
-when I was young and ignorant and didn't want to do hijab, he patiently kept hinting that it was necessary and Alhamdulillah I am really grateful that he did that.
-he gives random advice that is actually really important.
-he does sooo much for all our family and takes care of us.
-he makes me laugh and laugh and laugh
-he cuts grapefruit really nicely (that might not seem like a bog deal, but the way he takes it apart, it's like an art :)
-he let me rub his ears when I was little, cuz I loved how smooth they are.
-when we went white water rafting if the boat got stuck, he got out and un-stuck it :)
-he let's me be his little girl, even though I'm not so little anymore
and on and on and on...
May Allah bless all the fathers who are working hard to raise their children as good Muslim men and women

rana06
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
May Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Generous, the Most Compassionate, the Most Bountiful....bless my dear and beloved father.

Ya Allah bless Abi because:

1-He reads dhikr with me in the car on our way to the masjid
2-He reads Quran whenever he has freetime.
3-He is such a strong, brave man but has a kind heart.
4-He is generous in his time, money and efforts.
5-He makes me coffee in the morning or when I am studying
6-He teaches me ahadeeth or any piece of knowledge when he gets a chance.
7-He respects and cares for my mother always.
8-He never yells and rarely gets angry
9-He raises the reputation of all the men in the world in my eyes
10-He loves knowledge and teaches us to love it as well
11-He makes us laugh and jokes a lot. Mashallah such a good sense of humor
12-He has a beautiful smile and is generous with that as well.
13-He is constantly reminding me of the akhira
14-He is a humble, genuine man that plays with kids and listens carefully when you speak to him
15-He works so hard to support his family and even goes beyond to make sure we are happy. May Allah reward you baba :)
16-He plans road trips with my mom for us
17-His mouth is wet with the dhikr of Allah
18-He makes sure to excersice with me
19-He taught me how to swim and do pushups
20-He lets me sleep on his lap when I am tired and pinches my nose to wake me.

Ya Allah protect this great man and all those fathers working so hard to care for their families.

rana06
02-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh yeah and he wakes me for fajr everyday, sometimes even calling me if he is at work.

iss ME! zahweee!
02-18-2009, 10:54 PM
masha-Allah this thread is truly heartwarming

Ifteen
02-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Rana06 and Imani your posts brought tears to my eyes. May Allah perserve our fathers and allow them to be among the rightous believers who enter paradise without recokonig. Ameen.