PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you seek refuge in Allah from Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam)?

aminah.
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Wasn't it a trick played by the wives of the prophet salAllahu 'alayhi wa salam. They told her that it was something that he liked to hear, and so she fell for it. I don't think she meant it intentionally, she just believed what they had told her.

waAllahu a'lam.

zuhair.shaath
02-04-2009, 11:52 PM
What's the citation of the story? I remember in our class about the Prophet salAllahu alayhi wasalam that he never divorced a wife.

Basil
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
What's the citation of the story? I remember in our class about the Prophet salAllahu alayhi wasalam that he never divorced a wife.Yeah the only instance that I'm aware of that could come close was when he (saw) almost divorced all of them at once.

aminah.
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't remember exactly how the story went, but Sh.Said referred to it during one of the seminars he was teaching us so if you need clarification, you can refer to him.

Generous_1
02-06-2009, 11:38 PM
To the best of what I remember about that story, she was a beautiful bedouin girl who didn't know much about the Qur'an or the deen. When they(the wives) were preparing her for the wedding night, I believe it was the wives who played a trick on her and told her to say that. They thought he would think she was too beautiful and not give them any attention. That is the version of the story I heard.

iss ME! zahweee!
02-07-2009, 12:31 AM
i remember the same, that she was tricked by the wives lol, poor thing

Generous_1
02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Jazakum Allahu kheiran.

That's good, so I guess she's still a Muslim, cuz it was an accident. My question, though, is did the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, know his wives played the trick on her, and if he did, what stopped from him from renouncing his divorce? (not trying to doubt him, a'udhu billah, I'm just wondering since it seems it wasn't really her fault).
I'm not sure, perhaps someone with better knowledge can answer. But generally speaking saying a phrase whose meaning you don't understand to someone else is not exactly wise.

hafsah.
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I hear from Shaykh Said Rageah that his other wives were upset that she was getting married to him so they told her to say,"I seek refuge with Allah from you," because,apperently, he liked when they said that to him.

iss ME! zahweee!
02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
[edited]although they were indeed human beings and weren't perfect (yea it wasn't very nice if it was so :(), but we should refrain from talking that way about the ummahaat al mu'mineen.. their rank is high above our own and they are our mothers

Generous_1
02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I hear from Shaykh Said Rageah that his other wives were upset that she was getting married to him so they told her to say,"I seek refuge with Allah from you," because,apperently, he liked when they said that to him. whoa! sister you are taking about the wives of the prophet sallallahu 3laihi wasallaam. They are his wives, imagine your husband marrying someone you weren't happy with him marrying. Most women don't like to share their husbands with other women, imagine being married to the best human being God created? so jealousy over him should be very understandable. They are only human beings after all.

Sana2184
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Allahu Alam but i think the above hadith isn't the one being discussed or in confusion. The above hadith actually relates to the Ayah in the Quran (i don't know which one) where when the Prophet (SAW) made honey unlawful for himself because of the bad odor, Allah revealed the verse where it is unlawful to make haraam what Allah has made halaal for us and it is unlawful to make halaal what Allah has made haraam.

(i love the above hadith posted and how it goes back to an ayah. it's so weird because when you think of the verse alone you think of how people do things in the name of Allah that aren't permissible or don't allow things that Allah himself has allowed and the situation becomes so serious, then you go back to the start of this whole small verse and it's a story about eating honey....that's our Beloved Rasool (SAW) for ya!...and that's Allah's magesty to have that very incident actually play a role in our lives today Subhanallah.)

Jazakallahu khair for sharing, really made my day.

kulRabeezidne3ilmnnafa3
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
assalamu alaikum wr wb,

The verse you mentioned is in Surat At-Tahrim, Sura 66 Verse 1 in the Holy Quran:

يأَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ لِمَ تُحَرِّمُ مَآ أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكَ