PDA

View Full Version : Qur'anic Parables

Mariam Raza
02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Bismillah.
Assalamu alaykum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I am interested in researching different parables that Qur'an mentions. Please recommend resources. Also, are there any books that discuss the explanations of these parables and analogies in particular?

Wassalam.

Durriyya
02-08-2009, 01:25 PM
There is a book called 'Parables of the Qur'an' by Abdur Rahmaan something...google it and i'm sure it will come up. I haven't read all of it but it has a lot of the parables mentioned in the Qur'an

bintamina
02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

"Parables of the Qur'aan" by Imaam As-Sa'dee is really nice, maashaAllah. He basically begins each chapter by quoting the relevant ayah with the parable, and then proceeds to breakup the ayah explaining portions of it, that he expounds upon. A short (58 pgs) but beneficial read, maashaAllah.

The following parables are explained:

A Goodly Word
An Evil Word
A Spider's House
A Fly
A Slave and A Man
A Deaf and Dumb Man Who Is a Burden to His Master
Partners
Fallen From the Sky and Snatched by Birds
Two Men With Gardens of Grapes
Dwellers of the Town

Wa Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

Durriyya
02-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

"Parables of the Qur'aan" by Imaam As-Sa'dee is really nice, maashaAllah. He basically begins each chapter by quoting the relevant ayah with the parable, and then proceeds to breakup the ayah explaining portions of it, that he expounds upon. A short (58 pgs) but beneficial read, maashaAllah.

The following parables are explained:

A Goodly Word
An Evil Word
A Spider's House
A Fly
A Slave and A Man
A Deaf and Dumb Man Who Is a Burden to His Master
Partners
Fallen From the Sky and Snatched by Birds
Two Men With Gardens of Grapes
Dwellers of the Town

I was talking about this one! :) I think his name is Imam Abdur-Rahmaan As-Sa'dee.

bintamina
02-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes maashaAllah, I was reiterating what you suggested (and including the chapter titles as well). BarakAllaahu feeki ukhtee.

I believe some titles were mentioned of Arabic books on this subject in class. If anyone wrote them down, they can share, inshaAllah.