PDA

View Full Version : Rights of Husband and Wife: Gems from a DIFFERENT kind of khutbah

Nadeem R
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
The Masjid I attend for Jumuah is doing a series on the rights of the husband and the wife, I wanted to share some gems from this past Friday (2/27/09):

Brothers, give your wife money for lipstick!
The Shaykh discussed that it is the duty of the husband to facilitate his wife in a manner that is appropriate to the times we live in. It is not appropriate to live by standards from 20 years ago. Therefore, if makeup is the norm (for use in their homes only), then provide that for them. And if a woman would be looked down on for wearing the same clothes year after year, then buy her new clothes so she isn't mocked by the community.

When you look for a second wife claiming, "mashAllah, she is so sincere in her deen; know that if she is sincere as you claim she would say to you 'Fear Allah, you've spent too much time with me because I am young, go and fulfill the rights of your first wife'"
Shaykh went on and on that it is extremely difficult for men today to fulfill the rights of their first wife, why then do they even ponder a second. Though the Shariah of course allows it, its clear most people can't handle it. This is proved by the fact many 2nd marriages fall apart.

The Prophet (sws) would do the dishes, laundry, and mend his clothing.
Shaykh mentioned, how many of us don't even know how to do these things? Rather, most men feel it is below them to do laundry and such. But the fact is our Prophet (sws) did them.

Share secrets with your wife
Shaykh mentioned that the same way brothers are chill with their boys; likewise men need to be this way with their wives. We should have the same trust and companionship.

Whatever you eat, your wife should eat the same
Shaykh said this doesn't happen in America, but SubhanAllah look at what the Deen teaches. In some places in the world, the men eat meat while the women eat vegetables. And this is against the Sunnah.

more to come ISA...

May Allah (swt) preserve the Shaykh. SubhanAllah I don't think this kind of khutbah would be heard too many places [except maybe in El Paso :D ]. WallahuAlim.

HiBz EsSenSe
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Jazak Allahu Khayrun, very interesting angle he took - (looking forward to future gems, and when the tables turn)

Nadeem R
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
yes..this week is the flipside inshaAllah.

Nadeem R
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
so...flipside in another 2 weeks...more on the wife:

Hang out with your wife! While it may be considered wasting time when we [men] hang out with our friends, it's never wasting time when one hangs our with their wife.

Play with your wife, and make her laugh! The Prophet (sws) commanded the husband and wife to enjoy each other and to make each other laugh. Shaykh said: Brothers, when you come home you should entertain your wives.

Spend on your families, for it has the greatest reward! The Prophet (sws) said: Spend in Jihad, free the slave, and spend on your families; but the greatest of reward lies in spending on ones' family.

Nadeem R
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Any word on the rights of husband?So 2 khutbahs were spent on the rights of the wife. Then FINALLY, it came times for the rights of the husband, and HALF of it was spent re-iterating the rights of the wife.... point taken.

I recorded it, so iSa I will go back through it and post the gems from rights of the husband, but really there were none as far as I recall :S

ummiefatima
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
So 2 khutbahs were spent on the rights of the wife. Then FINALLY, it came times for the rights of the husband, and HALF of it was spent re-iterating the rights of the wife.... point taken.

I recorded it, so iSa I will go back through it and post the gems from rights of the husband, but really there were none as far as I recall :S

:) you have an awesome shaykh maaha'Allah TabarakAllah. JazakAllahu khayr for posting the gems above, they were highly beneficial....lipstick spree it is then :D