PDA

View Full Version : Qur'aan Proj.

- Al-Faqeer -
08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

After the reminder of our asaatidhah today, about the importance of attaching and devoting ourselves to the Qur'aan, how many of us will make the pledge to complete reading the Qur'aan by next IlmSummit ??

Purpose of this is so we can keep ourselves motivated and encourage each other along the way. Anyway, you guys get the jist of things...

So who's gnna strive to be from amongst the People of Allaah; the People of Qur'aan ???

abu ibrahim
08-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

After the reminder of our asaatidhah today, about the importance of attaching and devoting ourselves to the Qur'aan, how many of us will make the pledge to complete reading the Qur'aan by next IlmSummit ??

Purpose of this is so we can keep ourselves motivated and encourage each other along the way. Anyway, you guys get the jist of things...

So who's gnna strive to be from amongst the People of Allaah; the People of Qur'aan ???

Im in inshAllah.... and just to set that bar inshAllah ta3ala, im already have a lil more than 1/4th of the Quran read... in about 3 or 4 more weeks and i will be done with it inshAllah... so whos going to beat me??? ok here CALL OUT: I will push myself to finish it in 2 weeks!
وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُم بِإِحْسَانٍ رَّضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَ*ٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

Nadeem R
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
MashaAllah, I love this Quranic spirit that is exuding from IlmSummit and its students

Al Baraa
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

So who's gnna strive to be from amongst the People of Allaah; the People of Qur'aan ???I'm already committed to the 3x completion before next year inshaAllah. It's just 6 pages a day. Dedicate 2 pages after every salah and you're good to go.

- Al-Faqeer -
08-06-2009, 03:49 PM
^ That's what I'm talking about, mashaAllaah!...May Allaah give you the tawfeeq to complete that objective akhee...

Anymore takers ?

Shirien
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
^ That's what I'm talking about, mashaAllaah!...May Allaah give you the tawfeeq to complete that objective akhee...

Anymore takers ?

count me in inshaAllah. 3x before next ilm summit inshaAllah!

Alima
08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Just for ilm summiters? Cuz, I'm in too inshaAllaah!

Rosina Noor
08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
^^ Masha'Allah, me too!

Umm Ikhlaas
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
count me in inshaAllah. 3x before next ilm summit inshaAllah!I am with you Shirien! :) bi itnillahi ta'ala
Miss you loadz :(

Am glad you got home safely alhamdulilah!

Shirien
08-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I am with you Shirien! :) bi itnillahi ta'ala
Miss you loadz :(

Am glad you got home safely alhamdulilah!

dont make me cry again lol. subhanallah me too, i have such withdrawal! I miss all the sisters. I was telling Sh. Yasir Q. that if Ilm summit was JUST being around the company we were with, that alone would raise our iman-- but subhanAllah ilm summit was just that much more. MashaAllah la qowwitta illa billah.

obaid+ullah
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Salam all,

What was the site for the verse by verse recitation that Br Wisaam recommended?

Brother Noor
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it with sinserity

Wisam Sharieff
08-11-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm not much a forums person, but scrolling through them, I thought that you all deserved the first post :)

Know that the road ahead is not traveled. Shaitan will come from the right and left and from in front and the back. (Aa'raf:17) Here is your chance to look up to what Allah has revealed and to fall down to ask for his forgiveness.

Keep it small but consistent and count me in to your commitment. Let's keep the motivation continuous.

somailian legend
08-11-2009, 02:58 AM
BROTHER WISAAAM! i miss your recitation already! u really need to record a cd set of the quran, and in return i'll hook u up with another one of my famous massages!

maryam rabeea
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
BROTHER WISAAAM! i miss your recitation already! u really need to record a cd set of the quran,

yes please you must record your recitation. so that i can play at home and create that ilm summit bubble again.

count me in too, biidhnillahi ta'ala

Kaltham
08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
^^ I'm so happy to see you on the Forums Sr. Maryam! Masha Allah....

I started with 15 pages a day, i wanted to make it a juz, but then I don't want to just speed read... so I'm doing 15 pages, and I'm dividing it in two sessions, reading out loud with proper tajweed bi idhni Allah!

I will definitely not become a shaykha by next year, but I know i can aim to be an advanced student of tajweed... I was jealous this year... with all the private sessions they were getting with Sh. Uthman! Masha Allah.

Another Quran Proj I'm working on: Teaching Tafseer... this will force me to learn it myself... and I know insha Allah I can find hungry for knowledge crowd bi idhni Allah... Just have to market it right! Please share if you have any recommendations...

May Allah grant all of us success in fighting our Shaytaan when it comes to our relationship with the Quran...

Listen to a lecture titled the Blessings of the Quran by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi... One my favorite points in that lecture is how reading the Quran will make the Munafiq smell good! Listen to it, asap insha Allah!

Fi Amaani'Laah

Wisam Sharieff
08-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Salam all,

What was the site for the verse by verse recitation that Br Wisaam recommended?The link is: http://www.versebyversequran.com/site/get-mp3

rana06
08-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Definitely count me in...3x inshallah.

- Al-Faqeer -
08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Ok..

1st September 2009 - 30th June 2010

15 line mushaf (both 'Uthmaani & 'Desi' script) = 2 sides p/day
13 line mushaf = 3 sides p/day

(that above will make 1 completion inshaAllaah; to make 3 khatm, multiply by 3 [smile])

Now to formulate a method of keeping ourselves in check with this schedule...any suggestions?

Btw, I know some people have probably already started, and others may want to go at their own pace, so its kl.

abu ibrahim
08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
a lil more than half done alhamdulillah... where is the competition???

Nafsul-Awwaamah
08-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Count me in x3 (at least insha'Allaah).

Rana, if you finish before me, I'll get you something special :D . But it has to be *with* Tajweed.

Let the games begin.
(Or continue for those who've begun)

Umm Muhsin
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Now to formulate a method of keeping ourselves in check with this schedule...any suggestions?How about we start some sort of check in thread? Everyone can post the date and how much completed thus far, at their own pace ofcourse, but it can serve as motivation for those who happen to fall slightly behind! : )

S. Asharib Ali
08-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I can't wait till sh. Uthmaan comes back to Canada! Definitely have to go learn from him!!!

UthmanK
08-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm not much a forums person, but scrolling through them, I thought that you all deserved the first post :)

Know that the road ahead is not traveled. Shaitan will come from the right and left and from in front and the back. (Aa'raf:17) Here is your chance to look up to what Allah has revealed and to fall down to ask for his forgiveness.

Keep it small but consistent and count me in to your commitment. Let's keep the motivation continuous.Welcome Welcome...
Good advise Ustadh Wisaam, May Allah help us help us all overcome the traps of Shaytaan...Ameen
uthman

abu ibrahim
08-17-2009, 11:21 PM
ALHAMDULILLAH DONE WITH #1 AND RAMADAN HAS NOT EVEN STARTED!!! ALLAHU AKBAAR!!!!!!!!!!! now on to the second time around ... whos is with me?

Asha
08-18-2009, 12:44 AM
ALHAMDULILLAH DONE WITH #1 AND RAMADAN HAS NOT EVEN STARTED!!! ALLAHU AKBAAR!!!!!!!!!!! now on to the second time around ... whos is with me?

MashaAllah!

InshaAllah am starting this week, tomorrow after fajr to be exact. I hope to be done by the end of Ramadan..make dua for me please!

sshareef
08-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Allah (swt) does not burden a soul more than it can bear. Alhamdulillah, I have started reading the Qur'an with tajweed, in slow a deliberate pace reading each letter by giving its right every morning when I am driven to work through a dozen traffic lights and am able to read a page that way each workday AM.

In addition, after Fajr every day, the brothers sit in a circle in our local center and each reads one page with the Tajweed Ameer correcting mistakes. I am actually able to make out some of the participants making light letters heavy and heavy letters light. Indeed, that cat makes me feel awfully cool to appreciate tajweed in simple english. Like they say, practice makes perfect. May Allah (swt) enable us to perfect our tajweed so that we can be ready to succeed at the next level at ilmsummit, IA.

Don't forget to teach it to others, like your family and friends. They really appreciate it. I brought myself a micro-recorder with USB capabilities so I could hear myself and thereby correct my own mistakes as well. It is really hard to listen to yourself otherwise in the absence of an instructor. This has been a gem for me.

Don't forget to visit Wisaam on his Yahoo video recordings in follow-up. Surah Mutafifeen and Inshiqaaq are great with all that lips, mouth, teeth and jaw movement. They bring back the memories of a daily dose of Tajweed 6:15 AM. Play them again and again until you can perfect each of the lessons. JK Wisaam for cutting out the technicalities of Tajweed and all that big word Jargon. At the end of the day, its all about pattern recognition and reciting the Qur'an as it aught to be recited! May Allah (swt) bless you and your family. Sincerely,
A born again Tajweedi

Asmaa Abdul Hameed
08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
When is the next IlmSummit?

Sr.Sara
08-21-2009, 12:54 AM
When is the next IlmSummit?http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=36179

ibnislam
09-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Salaam,

Alhamdulillah, I finshed too. Who else is done? We have to keep doing this. Insha Allah I plan to do at least 1 more time in the last nights of Ramadan.

Mehreen Khan
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm in :-)