PDA

View Full Version : Two Qabilahs in NY?

Ammar AlShukry
11-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Salaam Alaikum,

If Ohio, California, Texas, Florida, and Ontario are considered states (or provinces) that are big enough to have had or currently have two active Qabilahs, then surely the Empire State is capable as well.

No I'm not talking about having a Qabeelah in Long Island, I'm talking about going out West.

Rochester is five hours drive west of Tayybah and Durbah, and around 4 hours south of Majd. With a large Muslim community there, they in sha Allah have a strong source to pull from their local residents as well as be the home base for Ithaca, Buffalo, Syracuse and other large cities.

Question is: Is Rochester ready? Where yall at?

iss ME! zahweee!
11-09-2009, 07:55 AM
No I'm not talking about having a Qabeelah in Long Island

not cool.

but yea i'm all for a qabeelah in rochester! do we have any forumers from there?

HalaTayybah
11-09-2009, 08:08 AM
There is m o r e than enough room for 2 Qabeelahs.

Welcome Rochesterrrr!!!

Saimah
11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
There should definetley be a Qabeelat in Rochester!!! I have a friend there who actually asked me about how to set up a Qabeelat there :) I need to get her on the forums :)

Ify Okoye
11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I grew up in Brockport (am in upstate this morning), which is about 20 minutes from Rochester, but left the area before I became Muslim. It would be awesome to return here for a class, in sha Allah.

Naima Abdulkadir
11-09-2009, 09:21 AM
There are a lot of Muslims in Syracuse/Buffalo area. I have many relatives in these areas. I've been there before and there are plenty of Somalis there. That would be really cool. They need almaghrib in their lives :D.

ilmseeker
11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
There should definetley be a Qabeelat in Rochester!!! I have a friend there who actually asked me about how to set up a Qabeelat there :) I need to get her on the forums :)
Yeah I was thinking of the same person too...

Nadeem R
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Having spoken to a few brothers from upState I know they can definitely pull it off inshaAllah.

coming soon....Banu Hicksters

Nadeem R
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Nevermind...Banu Rochester (http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=462544&posted=1#post462544) it is

brother_bruce
11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
^^ nice signature.

Ify Okoye
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
coming soon....Banu Hicksters
Don't hate. Upstate is the real New York. We're just polite and let you downstaters trash talk and think you represent the state.

iss ME! zahweee!
11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't hate. Upstate is the real New York. We're just polite and let you downstaters trash talk and think you represent the state.

ooookkkkayyyy ify.. you know i love you but i don't think so
the only thing upstate has over us is its size.. literally nothing else lol.. all i'm gonna say is.... when you say "new york" anywhere in the world, no one thinks of rochester :p

Bubbles
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
the only thing upstate has over us is its size.. literally nothing else lol.. all i'm gonna say is.... when you say "new york" anywhere in the world, no one thinks of rochester :p

LOl! Agreed!

But hey this is great! 2 Qabils in NY! Cool!

Abdul Razzaq
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
California has 3 qabeelahs! Haadi, Haqq and Wedad

HalaTayybah
11-09-2009, 04:48 PM

LoL. I'm sorry, Z but upstate and Long Island are like the same.

Upstate can have the New York. We'll keep the City.

iss ME! zahweee!
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
LoL. I'm sorry, Z but upstate and Long Island are like the same.

Upstate can have the New York. We'll keep the City.

LOL
i knew someone was going to drag my beautiful island into this.
listen long island is so cool, we don't have to tell anyone what state we're from.. we could be in seattle and be like "oh i'm from long island" and they'll know what we're talking about without having to mention what major city we're near to

we're in a category of our own :D

Komal
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Welcome Banu Rochester! :)

sshareef
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
JK for your heart felt and luke warm thoughts of Rochester. I ask that you make du'a for us. I am sure that all Qabeelahs when they form have a lot of obstacles that they will face.

I kindly request if you can help the volunteers in this new endeavor of identifying potential contacts, or if you know family or friends in the area who would be able to help us spread the work and join this effort, it would be greatly appreciated. If you cannot help in this manner, then your du'as would be most welcome. Rochester is only a 45 minute flight from JFK. It is not that far. It is more affordable to live here, no GWB traffic, and everything is within 15 minutes reach, 7 masajids, 4 MSAs, many desi and turkish restaurants, etc. JK for your thoughts. WS!

Suraj Lawal
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Insha Allah, with all of you support, AlMaghrib in Rochester will become a reality! We will accept any leadership, brotherly & sisterly support you may provide in any form. If you happen to know friends, family or/and students, let us know about them. Information pertaining to any contact could be sent to me through: intercontrvl@gmail.com

Again, Jazakum Allahu Khair and looking forward for you all support as we go about establishing AlMaghrib here in the Western University, IA. Maasalam.

Cheryl Lawal
11-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Salaam Alaikum,

If Ohio, California, Texas, Florida, and Ontario are considered states (or provinces) that are big enough to have had or currently have two active Qabilahs, then surely the Empire State is capable as well.

No I'm not talking about having a Qabeelah in Long Island, I'm talking about going out West.

Rochester is five hours drive west of Tayybah and Durbah, and around 4 hours south of Majd. With a large Muslim community there, they in sha Allah have a strong source to pull from their local residents as well as be the home base for Ithaca, Buffalo, Syracuse and other large cities.

Question is: Is Rochester ready? Where yall at?
We are ready! Rochester seems like a great central location to have a Qabeelah. With Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, and even Toronto being only a few hour drive, we have a huge Muslim population to attract and Insha-Allah, we will be able to do that.

Of course, we need all of your help and suggestions! Please keep the information coming. We are absorbing it all. Thank you!

Asha
11-11-2009, 12:47 AM
WOW! There is actually a reason to go to NY now ;)

Mubarak upstate NY!

HalaTayybah
11-11-2009, 08:34 AM

Mubarak upstate NY! LOL!!
I'm letting this slide because I know your true feelings.
:)

ott-mslm
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
well
Ontario has: Ottawa, Toronto, Windsor, (London InshaAllah)
so you cant even mess with Ontario

Also Alberta has: Calgary, Edmonton

Cheryl Lawal
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Mubarak upstate NY!
Prior to moving to Rochester, I would have said the same thing. However, now that I am here, I see what all the hype is about. This area really is beautiful. The parks are amazing. There are a few state parks within an hour drive that are really beautful. Can't wait to meet everyone and showing off this part of the country! :)

sshareef
11-14-2009, 12:47 PM
IA, with 2 Qabilahs, we will cover all in between the two extremes of NY, with Albany being the center point. A Qabeelah in the North IA, and the seasoned Qabeelah in the South (Tayybah). So, people will have no excuse that they don't have access to quality, authentic ilm in the english language. Yes, lets get used to the idea of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Rochester! IA when we get to have our 1st class, I would like to see our Brother/Sister Tayybites come support us and make some noise, the 5 Borough style each with its own distinct signature.

sshareef
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Alhamdulillah, our first class has arrived and I welcome Ya'll to our very first Seminar to Western, NY with our beloved YB and FOS. For all who have voiced their support, come one and come all to become part of history in the makin'!

THE DIVINE LINK:
FIQH OF SALAH | Y. BIRJAS
April 23-25; May 1,2
Rochester, NY
Raising the Bar of Learning in Western, NY!