PDA

View Full Version : Hardwork in Progress

wannabebrown
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Eid Mubarak to everyone!! InshAllah everyone got a chance to enjoy theirs.

We had a very busy weekend here in Winnipeg with introducing people to Al-Maghrib and collecting names and emails. There were 3 major targeted events over Friday and Saturday and alhumdulilah the response from the community was amazing and beyond expected mashAllah.

It helped to have a great reminder to start all this off as well. I thought that I would post it because I found it incredibly beneficial alhumdulilah. So here it is:
"For anything to be successful, the intention has to be pure and solely for Allah's sake. Small deeds are magnified by great intentions. There is nothing you can do in this life that is as beneficial to us than working for this deen. When you're tired and worn out because of the volunteering and work you put in, think about the Hereafter and know that every ounce of effort you put into this deen, whether others know it or not, Allah is indeed aware. Look at the work you're doing as an opportunity and a blessing, not a burden. Thank Allah that He has chosen you to work for his deen. Thank Him that He has put the concern in your heart for this deen."

-Sh. Abdulbary Yahya

It would be nice to hear some feedback, reactions, and experiences people with sign up sheets recieved..

wannabebrown
11-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Amongst the sisters, I had approached, I noticed the youth showed great interest in Al-Maghrib. Once one girl heard about it she took the clipboard and started signing up all her other friends mashAllah. It was great to see the excitement. Some of the girls were also familiar with it through the facebook group so that helped a lot, as well.

I had some great reactions with people who were unfamiliar with Al-Maghrib prior and once they researched and looked it up on their own they were incredibly enthusiastic to have it in Winnipeg.

It always helps to get a really good reaction to keep you motivated.

Al-Maghrib to Winnipeg here we come inshAllah!!!

sarakm
11-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Walaikum Assalam,

Jazak Allah Seema for opening the thread. InshaAllah we can post here our experiences to keep each other motivated. MashaAllah that must have been a wonderful experience. When you approach someone thinking that you are just going to get one sign up and it ends up as 4-5 that is an amazing feeling..:d right? .. I will share my experience inshaAllah tomorrow but right now I want to say that our team is just AWESOME mashaAllah.

You wonderful people have done an excellent job in the past 2 days. May Allah accept it from all of us. I want to reveal the number of signups here but I guess i'll keep it a secret until every member has posted ;)

Mahada
11-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Wr,

Hope everyone is doing good... My experience... Hmmm... Let's see... I definitely felt great after approaching people during Eid prayer... I felt that a lot of people were interested in the idea... those who were not familiar with AM were asking questions and wanting to learn more... so that was good... I definitely think Winnipeg is ready for AM... and thnxs to Seema for the reminder... It's always good to reflect on our intentions and the reason behind all our hard work... especially in times when you feel discouraged or de-motivated...

Jazakallahu Kayran,
Mahada

sarakm
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Walaikum Asssalam Mahada,

How r u? How did ur essay go? :)
I agree, I noticed the same enthusiasm among winnpeggers at eid prayers. MashaAllah there were so many people who were really interested in knowing more about AM. They went through the course binders we had on the table and were greatly impressed by the quality of material taught by AM Alhamdulilah.

Also, I think you all will agree that the magic word that got everyone's attention was ....... Sh. Muhammad Alshareef. I had so many uncles asking me when the shaikh will be visitng the hometown because they havent seen him in for a while. Hence another reason why we need AM here hehe. HQ, its about time that we should get

AM IN WINNIPEG ...

Mahada
12-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Asalamu Aliakum, Sisters.

Alhamdulilah everything is going well... Insha'allah I will be done with it all soon... Thnxs for asking Sara.

Bringing up Sh. Muhammad Alshareef name definitely grabbed a lot ppl's attention... However, there were others who knew some of the other Sheiks/Instructors/Scholars of Al Maghrib as well... so that was good...

AM IN WINNIPEG!!!