PDA

View Full Version : Naming Our Qabeelat !!! Suggestions Please

sarakm
12-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone !!!

Alhamdulilah looks like winnipeg is progressing and getting close to experience AM in the city. With the will of Allah swt and all the hard work that everyone is putting in, InshaAllah soon we'll have it ...Ameen !!!!

alright so, we are still called banu Winnipeg and its about time we come up with a name for our wonderful AM team in Winnipeg. So lets share some names here and do shura.

I cant think of many right now, its still too early in the morning for me =( lol , but here's what I had in mind

Banu Hashim
Banu Ikhlaas

C'mon people, pour in your suggestions !!! All the almaghribies out there, help banu winnipeg pick a name !!!

Salam

Ali ibn AbiTalib
12-12-2009, 11:56 AM
name it banu quraysh

Batool
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM
salam alaikum,

Its great to see the progress for winnipeg...I have a name suggestion..

Banu EMANPEG

please suggest more names

wasalaam

batool

Zeinab Alimire
12-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Asalamu Alakum

perhaps naming it banu al rashid, banu al aziz

Khalid_Mohamed
12-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I'd actually suggest something like... Banu Al Kitaab.

VeiledKnight
12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
How about.. Banu AlImaan

faisel
12-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Ikhlas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahada
12-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Wr,

I have some suggestions...

Khayr
Ihsan
Hidayah

Asmaa Abdul Hameed
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Wr,

I have some suggestions...

Khayr
Ihsan
Hidayah
Khayr sounds good!!

sarakm
12-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum !!

jazak Allah khair for the suggestions. MashaAllah im loving them ALL :d

I"ll just list them down here so that everyone who joins us later in the thread can add in more to this list inshaAllah:

Banu Hashim
Banu Ikhlaas
Banu Quraysh
Banu Emanpeg
Banu Al Rashid
Banu Al Aziz
Banu Al Kitaab
Banu Al Iman
Banu Khayr
Banu Ihsaan
Banu Hidayah
I hope I didnt miss anything

Lets hear some more =d

sshareef
12-25-2009, 02:57 AM
What is Winnipeg known for? Try to customize the name then to mention a generic one. For example, the Qabeelah in Chicago, Illinois is Qabeelah Wasat (the middle of the U.S.). Qabeelah Shams in the U.K. because that is where the sun is going to rise again, indicating a rise of knowledge and scholarship. If possible, the name should reflect the uniqueness of your area. Just my 2 cents.

Khalid_Mohamed
12-26-2009, 07:48 PM
^^ Then we should be Banu Al-Ice...

sarakm
12-29-2009, 02:18 AM
What is Winnipeg known for? Try to customize the name then to mention a generic one. For example, the Qabeelah in Chicago, Illinois is Qabeelah Wasat (the middle of the U.S.). Qabeelah Shams in the U.K. because that is where the sun is going to rise again, indicating a rise of knowledge and scholarship. If possible, the name should reflect the uniqueness of your area. Just my 2 cents.We are famous for just 2 things..Winter and mosquitoes =( ..
inshaAllah i think we have to think harder and come up with something that reflects our winterpeg err..winnipeg :)

Sirat
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Aswrwb,

Bismillah,

Sirat: path~ leading(inshAllah) people to the right path
Thurayya:Pleiades( a constellation)~stars have been used to guided people in the past(i.e. african Americans=big dipper)
Sundus: silk that people wear in Jannah.
Hala:Welcome
Badr:full moon
Salih:righteous

InshAllah this helps!

faisel
01-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I think only the Canucks will understand this 1:

Banu Jets

:)

warda ahmed
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Asalaamwalekum warahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Mashallah Banu Al Kitaab and Hidayah sound really good to me

:: Jawharah ::
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Banu Thalj - snow

Pegger
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Banu Hashim!

Muhammad Alshareef
01-27-2010, 03:17 AM
I think we have it:

Banu Barad

Ba, as in bu-tter. Rad, as in rud-dder.
bu-rud. (but spelled Barad, cause if you spell it Burud people will pronounce it as Boo-rude) :)

There is a dua of the Prophet, sal allahu alayhi wa sallam, in which he said, "O Allah, wash our sins with water, snow, and Barad (ice)"

Barad is ICE. It's a pure substance. The name is unique and different than other generic names. And it goes hand in hand with the icy cold winters Wpg is known for.

(Subhan Allah, I just got a shiver remembering Winnipeg winters. I'm still shivering)

faisel
01-27-2010, 05:46 PM
The name perfectly reflects the city of winterpeg!!

What say you, oh Banu Barad?

Muhammad Alshareef
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I have a vision that in sha Allah one day soon Winnipeg will win the Liwaa'!

Ali ibn AbiTalib
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I have a vision that in sha Allah one day soon Winnipeg will win the Liwaa'!Maybe they will O ustadh Muhammad... :D

faiso
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I hope that vision does come true :)

not good with names but how about Banu Saboor, banu Badi', or Banu Wadood :D i personally love the last one :) but what every name you guys end up with it will be awesome :D

keep the names coming guys I know we can think of some more :D

jperwaiz
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
InshaAllah! Please kindly keep praying for us. We are certianly looking forward to the promo. Wa salam.

Perwaiz

Zeinab Alimire
01-29-2010, 01:36 AM
yes !!! inshallah shk Muhammed we will winnipeg will carry the liwaa in 2012
hoping that it will come truee.

sarakm
02-05-2010, 02:06 AM
I have a vision that in sha Allah one day soon Winnipeg will win the Liwaa'!InshaAllah InshaAllah !!!

sarakm
02-05-2010, 02:09 AM
I think we have it:

Banu Barad

Ba, as in bu-tter. Rad, as in rud-dder.
bu-rud. (but spelled Barad, cause if you spell it Burud people will pronounce it as Boo-rude) :)

There is a dua of the Prophet, sal allahu alayhi wa sallam, in which he said, "O Allah, wash our sins with water, snow, and Barad (ice)"

Barad is ICE. It's a pure substance. The name is unique and different than other generic names. And it goes hand in hand with the icy cold winters Wpg is known for.

(Subhan Allah, I just got a shiver remembering Winnipeg winters. I'm still shivering)I finally know how to pronounce it. I am loving the name mashaAllah ..

Winters this year rnt as bad alhamdulilah.. i remember the -40 two years from now *shivers*

Faiso - I like banu Wadood too .. it just rolls off the tongue easily =d ..what does it mean?

iss ME! zahweee!
02-05-2010, 03:49 AM
i was going to affectionately say "banu pooh" in honor of everyone's favorite willy nilly silly ol' bear, but that's just a bad idea for obvious reasons :( sorry

muslimah_19
02-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Banu Thalj Won!!!

sabrun_jamilun
02-25-2010, 01:42 AM
So, I came to suggest some of my favorite names and looks like you already have a winner. Wowww! Usually picking a name goes through soo many processes.. Like 2 voting polls. One after another. But ya'll are very fast . Masha Allah!! Mabrook on name :D .. Do ya'll plan on taking away the Liwa'a quickly too ;)

Batool
02-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Alhamdulillah we made shura and choosing became easy. Such an apt name for Winnipeg.

sarakm
02-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Alhamdulillah we have a winnnerrrr !!!

BANU THALJ

lol thinking about banu haleem still cracks me up

sabrun jamilun -
We had sh Muhammad's support and suggestion hence the process went way faster =d .. keep us in ur dua's inshaAllah. The liwaa is for winnipeggers soon inshaAllah ..ameen

Pegger
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Banu Thalj! Congrats on the new name!

So what does it mean? :)

sarakm
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
it means snow =) .. goes perfectly with winnipeg =d

:: Jawharah ::
02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
kool my suggestion won :D mabrook ya abnaa' athalj! lol

Zeinab Alimire
03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Alhamdulliah yes banu thalj won and its an amazing name for winterpeg hehehe!!! allah ya barakfik ya jawharah :]

Samothy
03-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
I just wanted to say, I think 'Thalj' is my favourite tribe name so far.