PDA

View Full Version : Promo Suggestions Needed

sarakm
01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Alhamdulilah the promo for winnipeg is announced. Its going to b on the 21st of Feburary inshaAllah.

Anyone wants to guess who the speaker is? :d ..
It isssss

*drum rolls*

..our very own Sh Muhammad Alshareef !!!! Alhamdulilahhhh !!!

Can I get to see some excitement ya team? ..

Alright, so we have got LOTS to do as we want this promo to be super awesome (it's Sh. Muhammad's hometown afterall). I was wondering if other qabail's and banu's can give us some tips on how to get the most out of this promo inshaAllah?

Also, if my hardworking team can start brainstorming inshaAllah =d.

Batool
01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
salaam,

pls have babysitting for moms of little ones...otherwise many can't make it.

jazak Allahu khairan

Batool

Victorious
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
walaikum asalaam

-lots of marketing for promo event
-do a website if qabeelat name has been finalized. give it out at promo event so people can go there for events/updates.
-a motivational video at the promo
-free candies lol

warda ahmed
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Mashallah this is really excited and definitely a hopeful time for all of us to bring Almaghrib to Winnipeg Inshallah so yes sister we should for sure make best use of this time.
Ok so day care setting very importanttttt Inshallah so the moms are relaxed and can actualy make it
Also advertising the promo is also v imp so we gotta get on the Halaal stores uncles for help lol
And ofcourse Elice mosque is another imp centre point for 1 and all to know and our very own Uni's as well
So Inshallah lets got TEAMMMM
May ALLAH giude us to the righteous path and bless us Amiin

Samiya Ahmed
01-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Alhamdulilaah its all paying off and this is the first of the many other exciting events coming our way inshalaah. Inshalaah after this promo event Almaghrib will make its place in everyones heart and will have ppl inshalaah wanting to take these classes and gain knowledge that Allah SWT has made so convienent for us in todays world, Subhalaah we have today all sorts of gadgets to benefit from and Almaghrib is an institute with tools that can help us and inshalaah others in our community learn different aspects of Islam from respected Sheikhs. So inshalaah cant wait to feed my soul and get a bit more..... a lot more close to my religion inshalaah, and hope inshalaah we all can put an extra effort towards putting something away for our Akhira.... Ameen

jperwaiz
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
AoA,

Alhamdolilah, it is great to know about the promo. I really like the suggestions. Suggestion from me: Can we find a biz/etc. or do a lottery if people sign up for the 1st course? This would be especially good for the young/youth. Do a lottery and give out some prizes - Islamic books, reduced cost of registration, family discount, free baby-sitting (great idea!), during baby-sitting show Isalmic videos to the kids. We need to build the momentum and insha Allah Allah (SWT) will bless us with success, ameen.

Jazak Allah

wannabebrown
01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Salaam,

I'm So happy to hear that we are having our promo :). InshAllah it is successful and we get a regular set of sessions to gain further knowledge towards our deen. Love everything you said Samiya!!

I think advertising is definetely going to be a big part of the tasks...
-do we have a poster that we can start handing out to local businesses and post up on Campuses?

Some other things we should make sure we have in tact are:
-firstly getting a location booked and making sure we check the available capacity we are able to hold
-ADVERTISE!!!
-we should get posters up at as many places as possible and have leaf-lets with quick blurbs about any important information (we should probably take care of this asap)
-confirm and possibly book any multimedia requirements..?
-decorate the location (lol i don't know if we really need to do this..)
-SPREAD THE WORD!!
-and yes babysitting is a very important component.. we should make sure there is a structure of activities set up for the kids so they aren't bored and running around being disruptive
-i think we should start breaking into groups: eg. a few people from the team to be responsible for the babysitting and then gathering up their volunteers and taking up that project and cover the major points needed to fulfil that area
-i think breaking down into groups will allow for less burden, stress and give us more organization and flow inshAllah
-possible refreshments?
-MORE ADVERTISING (i clearly feel thats a huge thing haha. inshAllah we can get lots of people to come out for this and we are all able to learn more.

i may have written a bit too much but i guess all the excitement has gotten to me :). these are mearly just suggestions that i can think of but we do have lots of work to do as its approaching so quickly (alhumdulilah for reading week)

Khalid_Mohamed
01-19-2010, 06:04 AM
MashaAllah, its good to see the whole team is being all prepped and excited for AM. I really like some of the ideas br. Pervaiz has brought to the table.

But, one important thing though. Would we have Q&A session after the promo seminar? Cos I'm sure a lot of people would wanna ask questions (which again shows they are interested). So, we might need to prepare for that as well inshaAllah..

jperwaiz
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
AoA,

Alhamdolilah, lots of great ideas and momentum! I really like the Q&A idea from Br. Khalid! Perhaps, we could also make Q&A anonymous bcz some people might not wanr to ask in public. . . maybe. When is the mext meeting - please let me know. Please forgive me if I sound/appear impatient and anxious.

Wa Salam

Zeinab Alimire
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Asalaamu Alakum

Wow ..yea u guys took all the ideas ..haha
am maybe hand out gifftss perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pegger
01-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Winnipeg in your efforts to bring AlMaghrib to Winnipeg. InshaAllah it will be successful and many will benefit. Keep your chin up and don't let others discourage you. You guys have come a long way!

Batool
02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

We just came back from the promo and it was great...very inspiring and well organized.

Jazak Allahu khairan to all the organizers...you did great and the babysitting was very helpful.

Batool

Batool
02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
wannabebrown I missed seeing you there

wasalaam

Batool

Sirat
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
So...How'd it go?

Talhah
02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
as-salaamu alaykum

did you guys take any pictures?

Mar1am
02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Assalamu Alaikum!

I really want to know how this went.
Did anyone take pictures? if so! please post them! :D:D

Batool
02-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Alhamdulillah we were able to draw ten times more than the usual crowds we see at events. Sheikh Riad gave a riveting speech. Very inspiring Alhamdulillah

Anyone has pictures that can be uploaded?

Batool
02-25-2010, 01:59 AM
During the promp Sh Muhammad talked about concept of beauty in islam. Does anyone remember the concept of escalation? And did he say he got it from the book freakonomics? Very interesting way of analyzing why certain people do certain things.

sarakm
02-25-2010, 12:54 PM
The promo mashaAllah went very well alhamdulilah.. we have the pics inshaAllah will upload them soon

Sh Muhammad and Sh Riad rocked the event mashaAllah .. so much energy and mashaAllah such beautiful topics ..

Zeinab Alimire
03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Alahamdulliah The Promo Rocked It Was Really Fantastic ..we Had An Awesome Team That Worked Hard To Accomplish This Success.as Sara Said Yes They Were An Amazzing Topics From Shk Raid And Shk Muhammed.jazakallah Khairan For Coming Here And Giving Us Wonderful Lectures.