PDA

View Full Version : 10 things I love about Winnipeg...

Muhammad Alshareef
02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
10. Ketchup flavored old dutch potato chips *yum/yum*
9. the tight nit community spirit
8. the fact that I grew up there (and am looking forward to walking down memory lanes)
7. the fun days of playing ping-pong in the basement of the Masjid
6. drinking cold slurpees in -40 weather and not thinking twice about it
5. Being reunited with good people who have stuck around in Winnipeg
4. The fond memories of attending sunday school in the basement of the Masjid, learning new surahs/attending halaqahs.
3. The University of Manitoba games room - where we'd go to play arcades.
(man, i'm looking forward to checking out Polo Park and downtown)
2. Taking a stroll through st.Vital park. (is it open in winter?)
[reminds me one time I snuck into the park at night, and I saw a cat. I love cats and thought it was cute. but in the darkness it turned sideways and I realized it was a fox! I ran!]

And the number one reason I love Winnipeg...
1. The super friendly people (and the unban legend fact that our hero Winnie-the-Pooh is also from Winnipeg)

khanman1
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
6. drinking cold slurpees in -40 weather and not thinking twice about it

2. Taking a stroll through st.Vital park. (is it open in winter?)
[reminds me one time I snuck into the park at night, and I saw a cat. I love cats and thought it was cute. but in the darkness it turned sideways and I realized it was a fox! I ran!]

LOLLL, Shaykh this sounds like a zabiha halal version of David Letterman's top 10 except these two were even more comedic

ahhh....that was refreshing subhanallah, just imagining you running is pretty funny in itself. We miss you at Durbah :/

sarakm
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
drinking cold slurpees in -40 weather and not thinking twice about it

I had baskin robbins once in -40 and ended up in bed for days so I dont do that anymore lol .. I wonder what would have happened if i tried slurpy *yikes*

and old dutch - salt and vinegar is yummiest !!!

Cant wait to have you in the city InshaAllah !!!!!

The thing i LOVE about winnipeg is that there is always hope of getting extentions on assignments because of the lovely snowstorms :D

Muhammad Alshareef
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes, it's 'crisps'.

Batool
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
eagles please contribute to this thread by writing about 10 things you individually like about Banu Thalj

sarakm
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
10. The diversity we have on the team mashaAllah
9. The sisterhood alhamdulilah we have is just amazing
8. MashaAllah I love how everyone on the team is so keen and eager on picking up tasks
7. I love how we all sisters have our own purple hijaabs ;)
6. Pretty much all the sisters now hang out together and are now called almaghribies sisters :d
5. Our team is alhamdulilah very closely knitted. Everyone on the team keeps in touch with every other sister
4. Ah here's one of my favourties. Being part of banu thalj, i have learnt so many words in Somali and Arabic .. I'll be fluent one day inshaAllah =d
3. Banu thalj has creative sisters mashaAllah specially when it comes to decoration
2. Banu thalj = eagles, we have no ducks on team =d
1. We all love AlMaghrib ..yay

wannabebrown
03-05-2010, 03:36 AM
10 things I love about Banu Thalj..hmm..

1. that we have the opportunity to look forward to becoming Qabelaat Thalj, one day
2. the volunteers on the team seem to get stronger and stronger as the days go on alhumdulilah

3. everyone seems to be doing a good job in motivating others

4. how far we've come.. i still remember thinking back when the first meeting happened and we went around and introduced ourselves. Everyone's was "My name's _____ and I LOVE AlMaghrib!" lol

5. with the city representation of Banu Thalj I love that we get a good long opportunity to get some winter activities

6. the diversity that Banu Thalj offers

7. how everyone encourages everyone else

8. how Banu Thalj provided us with a constant topic to talk discuss.. no more awkward moments :)

9. the outstanding efforts everyone seems to put in.. with the promo, especially from everything i've heard

10. how we have reached a higher level of eman, altogether and that there was always someone to pick you up along the way, alhumdulilah.

wannabebrown
03-05-2010, 03:36 AM
shoot i just realized i didn't do the count down to 1 lol