PDA

View Full Version : Banu Thalj - The coolest AlMaghrib Banu name!

Muhammad Alshareef
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Bismillah.
Alhamdulillah. Shura meeting concluded yesterday. Even though I didn't vote for this name - alhamdulillah Shura won at the end!

Let's all welcome: Banu Thalj!

Why is Thalj such a cool name? Because it literally means 'snow'. :)

In the dua of the Prophet, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, he said, "O Allah, wash our sins with water, Thalj (snow), and Barad (ice)."

Thalj is:
--- beautiful
--- clean
--- pure
--- Paak

Cool name, eh? What'cha think...

Pegger
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I totally love this name!!!!

Aww man I really wish I was there to take part in all this hype!

Welcome Banu Thalj!

filsan
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Mabroook Ya Banu Thalj....your name sounds ICE- coool :D

Mar1am
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I love this name too! It's perfect for Winnipeg! :P

Welcome Banu Thalj!! :D

sarakm
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I am in love with this name =d ..

Batool
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Banu Thalj also reminds me of the beautiful winter nights in Winnipeg after the fall of fresh thalj that reflects the Moonlight making it almost look like day time. Its such a serene and tranquil feeling one gets observing this. SubhanAllah

Batool
02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Thalj also brings to mind the beautiful and unique snow crystals. Each more amazing than the other yet working as a team. Insha'Allah Banu Thalj will retain the uniqueness of individuals and the spirit of working together. Ameen.

Batool
02-25-2010, 02:12 PM
SubhanAllah take a look at this
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/photos/photos.htm

Deena Bint Hayder
02-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I like the sound of Thalj when said and the photos of the snow flakes was very BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for posting it Batool :) SubhanAllah, how did they manage to handle something so delicate? Very COOL! (in literal meaning too!)

Abdullaah
02-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Banu Thalj................NOICE! Reminds me of snow white :p

I thought the coolest banu name was El Akh :D

HalaTayybah
02-25-2010, 04:56 PM
That really is a great name, ma sha Allah.
The symoblism and analogies you can use for marketing are endless!
-Each snowflake is unique; original
-Alone they are beautiful & cause you to wonder
-In packs, they are unstoppable....seriously, the East Coast is at home cuz of you guys today.

On the other hand, be ready for the "We'll plow right through the Thalj" talk that's bound to come up.
(And please, never say "The blizzard is coming!"....you're too cool to be corny. :))

Muhammad Alshareef
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
What's more serene: Rainfall or Snowfall?

Zahraah
02-25-2010, 05:49 PM
This name is absolutely perfect for Winnipeg...I am actually starting to appreciate all the snow we get :)

Muhammad Alshareef
02-25-2010, 06:02 PM
What's more serene: Rainfall or Snowfall?I personally love rainfall. But snowfall is so silent and serene, ma sha Allah.
It's a hard pick.

Batool
02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
SubhanAllah when I first came here to Winnipeg the flat vastness of prairies was amazing. You can see miles on end. Hardly any other place on Earth is like this.

And today while driving noticing the snow covered landscape made me realize that here in Banu Thalj we will never look at snow the same way.

We have never realized that SubhanAllah that snow is the most common pure white substance available in nature.

The colour of purity subganAllah that's why our deceased are buries in it. And so many cultures have white as the colour as of the bridal outfit.

Batool
02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
And insha'Allah we hope that like the amazing, mind boggling property of snow...{it expands as it freezes enabling aquatic life to be preserved; as snow is lighter than water and it floats covering water almost like a blanket, allowing plants and animals to continue living without freeving}. We hope that Banu Thalj will act like that for the preservation of our deen.

Zeinab Alimire
02-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Alhamdulliah ... Its beautiful i love this name that we choosed fOR Winnipeg Mashallah LETS GO BANU THALJ

wannabebrown
02-26-2010, 03:08 AM
this is definietely the cooolest name!! just LOOOOVE it

Alima
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Salaam 'alaykum,

Ahlan wa Sahlan Banu Thalj!

This name is so different... That it is kinda cool, mashaAllah.

May Allah make your Banu mega successful and let it become a Qabeelah quick time, inshaAllah.

Abdullaah
02-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I personally love rainfall. But snowfall is so silent and serene, ma sha Allah.
It's a hard pick. Sheikh did you just have a conversation with yourself by asking a question and then answering it? NOICE!

I prefer snowfall --- peaceful quiet and looks sikk..... :D

Muhammad Alshareef
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Sheikh did you just have a conversation with yourself by asking a question and then answering it?

You know me too well. *smile*

Thurayya Said
02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
BANU THALJ, a perfect name for Winnipeg lovely winters(from what my Mum tells me from when we lived there they weren't always so lovely,lol). WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayatsm
03-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Woot woot, awesome name! Let's live upto its hype!

Saimah
03-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Awww! MashAllah I love the name! :D Not sure if I love the thalj, but I'm sure the people from Winnipeg don't mind it too much :)

Welcome to AlMaghrib Banu Thalj!

wannabebrown
03-03-2010, 01:58 AM
lol i wish we could say we don't mind it but the winter activities that come with it, don't hurt :).

welcome to the forums ayatsm

Pegger
03-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Woot woot, awesome name! Let's live upto its hype!

She speaks!!! :)

Missed you ayatsm! Bienvenue a la forums!

Batool
03-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Ayat,

Welcome to the forums...

Zeinab Alimire
03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Asalam Ayat mashallah welcom to the forms!!!!!
yes winnipegers love snow and the cold******* were awsome ppl.
LOVE BANU THALJJJJJJJJ koolest name
:]