PDA

View Full Version : how was the youth halaqa?

Batool
02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
please share here.

Taibah
02-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Despite a few crying babies, alhumdulliah it was quite nice. I walked in abit late cuz my siblings left the house without me and i had to u-turn to take me with them lol... Both speakers raised excellent points, much to think about too, insha Allah. trivia after the talks were pretty good. Despite the somewhat low audience, id be surprised if someone said they cant raise one point that they benefited by, i hope insha Allah. ..i won a chocolate bar lol.

wannabebrown
02-27-2010, 03:14 AM
that sounds really good mashAllah. ..winning a prize is always nice too lol. i wish i coulda been there.

sarakm
02-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I shared someone else's chocolate bar :d lol ..
Alhamdulilah I know that the crowd just loved Sh Muhammad specially the kids in the front row were listening and responding to him all the time mashaAllah. The whole going into the 'zone' has different meaning to me now and mashaAllah such beautiful points were put forth to raise our level of emaan. May Allah bless the shaikh and his family..ameen

Batool
02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
looks like masha'ALLAH we have quite a few chocoholics!

What were the beautiful points?

Please share

sarakm
02-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I will go into the detailed points later inshaAllah or else i will miss my bus lol but something that I totally loved was how Sh Muhammad mentioned that while praying salat just take a moment and concentrate and know what you are saying. For example in rukou we just say 'Subhana rabbi al adheem' but taking a moment to know what it means :

Subhana - the greatest (all praise)
Rabbi - MY lord
adheem - Almighty, the highest

Sh. Muhammad said knowing the meaning of it while saying it gives a total different feeling when ur praying salat and subhanAllah it was time for isha right after sh muhammad was done with his speech and praying with jama't i tried recited this in my ruko'u slowly. While knowing the meaning of what i was actually saying and realizing subhanAllah how beautiful these words actually are gave me emanrush .. Alhamdulilah..

wannabebrown
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
thats really nice mashAllah. it helps in concentration so much more when knowing what is being said in our prayers.

can you post up more points if/when you get a chance i would really like to know more about what was discussed inshAllah.

jperwaiz
02-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Youth Halaqa - need to brainstorm to make them powerful and meaningful. Why do we always "lecture" the youth? Perhaps, there are other ways? Make it more like a "game" (trivia pursuit etc...) for the kids might get them more involved?

Pegger
02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Despite a few crying babies, alhumdulliah it was quite nice. I walked in abit late cuz my siblings left the house without me and i had to u-turn to take me with them lol... Both speakers raised excellent points, much to think about too, insha Allah. trivia after the talks were pretty good. Despite the somewhat low audience, id be surprised if someone said they cant raise one point that they benefited by, i hope insha Allah. ..i won a chocolate bar lol.

So raise a point. What did you benefit by??

Batool
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Pegger while you wait for Taibah to respond...just wanted you to know that you are really being missed here. Wannabebrown and I really want you to visit...who cares if some people think you come too frequently...never frequent enough for Banu Thalj.

Pegger
02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Pegger while you wait for Taibah to respond...just wanted you to know that you are really being missed here. Wannabebrown and I really want you to visit...who cares if some people think you come too frequently...never frequent enough for Banu Thalj.

That is very touching and heart warming :) JazakAllah Khair for your kind words. I would really love to come for A Heart Serene as I have heard nothing but positive feedback about it. A lot of people have said it was their favorite course. InshaAllah you guys are in for a real treat! InshaAllah I may just show up later in the year, but cannot say for sure!

wannabebrown
03-01-2010, 03:29 AM
I hope you come soon Pegger! And this time I wanna actually see you so I can talk to you about how it feels to finally have AlMaghrib in our city ALHUMDULILAH!!

But honestly it would be amazing if you pulled out a surprised trip and came out ;)

Pegger
03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I hope you come soon Pegger! And this time I wanna actually see you so I can talk to you about how it feels to finally have AlMaghrib in our city ALHUMDULILAH!!

But honestly it would be amazing if you pulled out a surprised trip and came out ;)

haha yes me and my surprise visits!

wannabebrown
03-02-2010, 09:50 PM
haha i love your surprise visits. coming out for this would be a really amazing one :)

Pegger
03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
So we never really get any points Taibah!
Or from anyone else for that matter, how was the youth Halaqa??

Taibah
03-03-2010, 12:10 AM
^my favorite points were:

respecting elders and parents, thats always a reminder that everyone really needs, regardless of age and stage in life, its def something that has to really loom over your head for it to honestly take effect.

second, being in the 'zone'. I find that, in university, when you really need to focus on studying or homework, you block out your friends, and family and hide away in a deserted corner of the 2nd floor dafoe library lol, the only thing you have is your books, some of your belongings (phone etc.), and maybe a rockstar drink to keep you energized properly. You eventually gotta throw your aside and focus just on your notes and homework, and in a sense, youre creating that zone to help you stay concentrated. In the end, you most likely ended up with an A on the assignment you were working on. LIKEWISE, during salat and dua time, you gotta creat a similiar zone, with no distractions, and get some inner peace going to keep you focused.

Does that make sense? i think i had afew run-on sentances in that paragraph lol.

wannabebrown
03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
thats a really good point. we tend to focus on school so much and our deen gets thrown to the side or put as a 'i got so much to do, let's do this quick'.

muslimah_19
03-04-2010, 12:12 AM
do you guys remember the method of getting in the zone:
1. you have a problem

... complete if you do

wannabebrown
03-04-2010, 03:21 AM
someone complete that, i really wanna know the answer

sarakm
03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
do you guys remember the method of getting in the zone:
1. you have a problem

... complete if you do2. Step back and be patient ?