PDA

View Full Version : inspiring each other

Batool
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Wanted to share a hadith I recently heard at an event

The Prophet peace be upon him said " Whoever guides another to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." Muslim

Is this amazing for all those encouraging others to take this course?

Batool
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
here is another hadith

Sahl bin Sa'd r.a. reported that Rasulullah s.a.w. said to Ali r.a. : "By Allah, if a single person is guided by Allah through you, it will be better for you than red camels." Bukhari and Muslim

Apparently red camels were one of the most valuable sources of wealth for arabs...our modern day equivalent would be the most luxurious of cars.

would do you all think?

Batool
03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
The following is one of my favorites

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."
[Al-Tirmidhi relates this and says: It is a good, genuine Hadith]

If Allah wills to bless us with a AlMaghrib course, no amount of bad mouthing from others will stop it from happening. Right?

Abdul Razzaq
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
1 By Al-'Asr (the time).

2 Verily, man is in loss,

3 Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth [i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'ruf) which Allah has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar which Allah has forbidden], and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allah's Cause during preaching His religion of Islamic Monotheism or Jihad).

Pegger
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

If Allah wills to bless us with a AlMaghrib course, no amount of bad mouthing from others will stop it from happening. Right?

I remember this Hadith from our Halaqa days! JazakAllah khair for the reminder :)

Batool
03-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Pegger,

Indeed Alhamdulillah the hadith is such a comprehensive reminder.

Ahh the halaqa days! Alhamdulillah

sarakm
03-09-2010, 03:19 AM

If Allah wills to bless us with a AlMaghrib course, no amount of bad mouthing from others will stop it from happening. Right?Assalamu Alaikum batool,

Jazak Allah khair for sharing this =) it really helps to get that eman rush going and doing the best we can regardless of hurdles we face ..

sarakm
03-09-2010, 03:25 AM
I love this one by our very own AM instructor and I know how much wannabebrown loves it as well =d .. InshaAllah a reminder for myself and everyone :

"For anything to be successful, the intention has to be pure and solely for Allah's sake. Small deeds are magnified by great intentions. There is nothing you can do in this life that is as beneficial to us than working for this deen. When you're tired and worn out because of the volunteering and work you put in, think about the Hereafter and know that every ounce of effort you put into this deen, whether others know it or not, Allah is indeed aware. Look at the work you're doing as an opportunity and a blessing, not a burden. Thank Allah that He has chosen you to work for his deen. Thank Him that He has put the concern in your heart for this deen."

-Sh. Abdulbary Yahya

Osaed Khan
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Salaam

Jazak for the reminders. I was also thinking of the hurtles we face and how to deal with it. We should do i best and remember our intentions.

salaam
osaed

Batool
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
"For anything to be successful, the intention has to be pure and solely for Allah's sake. Small deeds are magnified by great intentions. There is nothing you can do in this life that is as beneficial to us than working for this deen. When you're tired and worn out because of the volunteering and work you put in, think about the Hereafter and know that every ounce of effort you put into this deen, whether others know it or not, Allah is indeed aware. Look at the work you're doing as an opportunity and a blessing, not a burden. Thank Allah that He has chosen you to work for his deen. Thank Him that He has put the concern in your heart for this deen."

-Sh. Abdulbary Yahya

Sara, this is such a beautiful reminder.

Jazak Allahu khairan for sharing it

wannabebrown
03-13-2010, 11:57 PM
i loooove that quote!!