PDA

View Full Version : AHS Venue Confirmed! :D

Mar1am
03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Bismillah.

Assalamu Alaikum wr wb!!

I'm very happy to announce that our venue has been confirmed for AHS, Alhumdulillah! :)
We will be having our first seminar at the University of British Columbia.
Here's the room: http://www.students.ubc.ca/facultystaff/buildings.cfm?code=WOOD&room=2

For anyone who's coming from out of town, please email vancouver[dot]almaghrib[at]gmail[dot]com and we will be more than happy to help out with any questions, comments, concerns or arrangements!!

BarakAllahu Feekum

Umm Salma
04-08-2010, 03:03 AM
For out-of-towners, especially the Washingtonians, Ruhma prepared a checklist to get you prepared: http://qabeelatruhma.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/planning-for-a-heart-serene/

Please feel free to share any tips so we can add on to it. Maybe good places to have lunch, etc.

InshaAllah, I hope I can make it!

Mar1am
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Bismillah.

JazakhAllah Khair! That looks very good! and very beneficial for others who want to take the class but don't know where to start in getting ready!! :)
I will definitely share some knowledge of good places to eat, hotels, etc.

Don't forget to email vancouver.almaghrib@gmail.com to let them know you're coming from out of town. There may be a special something in store for you when you arrive to Banu Vancouver Insha Allah! Just maybe... ;)

BarakAllahu Feeki.

Umm Salma
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I emailed the above address about childcare but haven't gotten a reply yet. Hopefully I can get an answer soon because that will be my deciding factor. If I am able to take her along with me to the class, then I will be able to go. Otherwise, I'm stuck and sad. Jazakum Allahu khairan!

Wa assalamu alaikum

Mar1am
04-15-2010, 05:35 PM
JazakhAllah Khair for your inquiry!

Someone should be emailing you shortly to respond to your email. I hope you'll be able to attend the seminar!! Just make du'aa Insha Allah. I will too! :)

BarakAllahu Feeki.

Maha_m
04-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
Make sure you have LOTS & LOTS of tissue boxes everywhere! Sh Riad will make you cry out of laughter & humility! I remember everytime Sh Riad would start getting teary eyed, all of us would just start pouring lol Wallahi he is amazing, May Allah azzawajal give him his own special rank in jannatul firdous, and all of us ofcourse! Ameeen!

Oh and just a heads up, he loves healthy stuff, and giving candy out to the students!

Mar1am
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Walaikum Assalam! :)

JazakhAllah Khair for the tip! Someone else gave me that suggestion too which is interesting because now I know I'll have to keep tissue boxes everywhere! :P I'm very excited for this seminar!! I just hope it's successful and we can get a full class?! Insha Allah! :D