PDA

View Full Version : EOC - Available Scholarships

wannabebrown
05-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Our new seminar Echoes of a Cave (EOC) is slowly approaching. Only 33 days left, insha'Allah. With that in mind, I am pleased to announce a true blessing that Banu Thalj is able to offer..

Due to some generous donations we are offering 27 scholarships in a wide range of categories to any students wanting to apply. The details for each of these categories are:
(all this info and the registration form will soon be available on our website at www.qthalj.com (http://www.qthalj.com) insha'Allah)

Exam Grade:This category will reward a full scholarship of $135.00 to one sister and one brother that score the highest grade on the final exam for A Heart Serene. In addition, these students will have their names engraved into a plaque of Banu Thaljís highest exam achievers inshaAllah. Exam re-write will not be considered for this category. The winners of this category will be contacted by the Banu Thalj Team of Volunteers.
Best Logo Design for Banu Thalj:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50. The submission with the most outstanding design will be the winner of this category. The designs will be reviewed and selected by the Banu Thalj Team of Volunteers. The selected design will become the logo Banu Thalj uses. Please do not include any sort of identifying information on the design. The deadline for submission is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided.
Essay Write-ins:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to four individuals who provide an explanation of why they deserve this scholarship and of their financial requirement (if applicable). This scholarship also requires an explanation of what you know or have researched about Surat Al-Kahf (The Cave). We require that you have typed out copy of your essay with 1 inch margins (2.54 cm), Times New Roman font and size 12 font. The essays will be reviewed and selected by the Banu Thalj Team of Volunteers. Please do not include any sort of identifying information on the essay. The deadline for submission is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided.
Reverts to Islam:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to two individuals who have accepted Islam. This scholarship will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. The deadline for this scholarship reward is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided.
Non-Muslims:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to two individuals who are interested in Islam and would like to attend this class to further their learning. This scholarship will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. The deadline for this scholarship reward is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided.
4th Family Member:This category will reward a full scholarship of $135.00 to seven individuals. This category is available for immediate families who have 4 members attending the seminar. With the registration and full payment of 3 family members, the 4th member will receive a full scholarship to the seminar. This scholarship will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. The deadline for this scholarship reward is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided. This scholarship may be combined with the Ď4+ Family Membersí scholarship.
4+ Family Members:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to five individuals. This category is available for immediate families who have more than 4 members attending the seminar. With the registration of the first 4 members, any additional members will be provided with a half scholarship to the seminar. This scholarship will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. The deadline for this scholarship reward is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided. This scholarship may be combined with the Ď4th Family Memberí scholarship.
Most Volunteer P10ís:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to one brother and one sister amongst the Banu Thalj team of Volunteers who brings in the most Power of Tenís. The deadline for this scholarship reward is May 21st, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be provided.
Hand Picked:This category will reward a half scholarship of $67.50 to two handpicked candidates, chosen by a donator. Since the candidates for this reward have already been selected, this scholarship will not be available to the general public of interested students.

All submissions can be sent to thalj.scholarships@gmail.com.

Again, all this information will be available very shortly at www.qthalj.com (http://www.qthalj.com) insha'Allah so please get your Power of Ten's registered and apply away at the various scholarships available :).

You may also see the attachements below for more info.
|
|
|
\/

wannabebrown
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Alhumdulilah it looks like the form and all information are now, also available on our website at www.qthalj.com.

wannabebrown
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,

Alhumdulilah the scholarship applications have been coming in and here is the status on what is still available.

Please remember that some of these scholarships are on first come, first serve basis while others will be evaluated once all the application forms are in, insha'Allah. Deadlines for all scholarships is May 21st, 2010.

Best logo design for Banu Thalj: 1
Essay Write-ins: 4
Reverts to Islam: 2
Non-Muslims: 2
4th Family Member: 3
4+ Family Members: 3
Most Volunteer P10's: 2
Total Remaining: 17

Go to qthalj.com/financial to download the form and get more info (or look above).

Email thalj.scholarships@gmail.com if you have any questions, concerns or want to apply.

Taibah
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I think the EOC Scholarships need to be advertised more.

wannabebrown
05-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I think the EOC Scholarships need to be advertised more.any suggestions?

so far they are on our website, facebook, here and everyone registering people knows about them to bring them up.

Taibah
05-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Although I have already registered in the power of 10, knowing there were other scholarships available would have been helpful.

Not everyone in Winnipeg sees your website, or this forum, or facebook to know there are scholarships. My point is, your word of mouth advertising needs to take a bigger stepup to get this out there, as Im sure MANY ppl can benefit from these scholarships as means of a financial aid.

Just my two cents.

Taibah
05-12-2010, 02:19 AM
forgot to add, I discovered the EOC Scholarships just browsing here yesterday...im sure im not the only person that has registered so far without knowing they existed.

wannabebrown
05-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Don't worry sister, you can still apply for the scholarships that are applicable to you even if you are registered already. just follow the instructions and fill out the form. the deadline for them is on May 21st, 2010 so insha'Allah you still have some time.

Sorry for not having it advertised to you more. I had thought that word of mouth was happening but Allahu Alam. Insha'Allah next time I hope we can accommodate you, and others better.

JazakAllah Khairun for pointing out your concerns.

Barak Allah Feek

Taibah
05-12-2010, 03:11 AM
you're very welcome.

wannabebrown
05-17-2010, 04:31 AM
5 Days Remaining To Apply For The Scholarships!!!

Zahraah
05-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Today we were given feedback, that Banu Thalj was marketing everything excellently, with all the posters, emails, messages, word of mouth etc so good job everyone, but there is definitely always room to improve inshaAllah. :)

sarakm
05-19-2010, 02:55 AM
^ Alhamdulilah the sisters are working really hard on marketing the event =). and Zahraah you were right there are 27 scholarships, i for some reason was thinking 37 :S .. lol

wannabebrown
05-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Alhumdulilah the sisters are doing an absolutely amazing job with everything. May Allah (swt) reward everyone all their efforts. Ameen.

Perhaps the brothers will pull out some halal magic from their sleeves and surprise us!!!

wannabebrown
05-21-2010, 02:43 AM
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO APPLY FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIPS (May 21st, 2010 midnight)

There have been a very large number of entries coming in alhumdulilah but there are more left to apply for anyone that is still interested, insha'Allah.

wannabebrown
05-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

The deadline for the scholarships is now over and I want to thank everyone who took the time to apply.

Insha'Allah all the scholarship winners will be contacted by the end of the weekend :)

sarakm
05-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Walaikum assalam,
MashaAllah the whole process went smoothly and wannabebrown you did an amazing job handling everything. May Allah accept your efforts ameeeen !!

cant wait for the seminar to start !!

wannabebrown
05-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Jazakum Allah Khairun.

I can't wait either... 6 days to go :D eeeek!

ps. way to totally ruin the thread i was about to make..

sarakm
05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
^ you snooze you lose :D

Taibah
05-31-2010, 01:32 AM
...back to the topic of this actual thread....

have the winners been announced? it says earlier that the winners would be determined by the end of the (last) weekend...its now been a second weekend and no update?

does Banu Thalj even announce the winners publicly on this forum? or do they get announced via email to exclusive volunteers/members?

please advice, thanks.

wannabebrown
05-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Sister,

We decided to keep scholarships private amongst the ones who applied for them. Everyone that applied received a email confirming that their scholarship was received and a later email telling them whether they got it or not.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Taibah
05-31-2010, 11:20 PM
^Scholarships in general, are normally issued out to the general public. In universities and large companies alike, regardless of the financial situation of the person applying for it, personally i don't think the EOC Scholarships in question are sensitive to be issued as "anonymous"

wannabebrown
06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Jazakum Allah Khair for your concern/suggestion sister Taibah. This is not an issue we are debating over. Alhumdulilah we have chosen to do this in this particular manner for many reasons. Insha'Allah at some point I hope that you will understand the reasoning behind it.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Taibah
06-01-2010, 12:53 AM
i dont know what sort of protocol you follow but people will obviously question things that dont make sense to them. How do you expect for someone to believe it was done in a fair manner if you don't reveal the information to everyone that has and want to apply for scholarships? i fail to see your logic...no offense.

wannabebrown
06-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Assalamu Alaikum (my apologies for not saying that earlier)

I appreciate your criticism. This decision is already final and we are not going to be advertising some scholarship winners. Some others may be announced at the seminar if the people receiving the scholarships are okay with it. The majority of the team was well aware of how the selection process was handled and had a say in it so alhumdulilah the selection wasn't made by one or two people. Announcing the winners publicly was also discussed in the previous meeting and through ashura we are decided not to advertise certain scholarships.

At this time we have decided this is the best way to keep it.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Taibah
06-01-2010, 02:03 AM
thanks for clarifying it was your team decision to judge/express the scholarship results this way, this makes a somewhat tad bit more sense in seeing what the actual reasoning was that you attempted to make reference to earlier.

perhaps one thing to keep in mind on the forum, is to remind yourself that the readers on this forum may sometimes not be on the actual Banu Thalj team itself, such as myself (for reasons im sure you can explain), hence questions are expected to be directed at some point.

wannabebrown
06-01-2010, 03:39 AM
I actually agree, subhanAllah sometimes I think we tend to get a bit carried away with our postings and just thinking that everyone knows what we are talking about. Insha'Allah I'll try to keep that in mind that others may also be reading these posts. I can understand your questions. Jazakum Allah Khairun.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Taibah
06-02-2010, 12:24 AM
you're very welcome.